• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

DotA Allstars Ultimates V1.03 [GUI/MUI]

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
These are 3 ultimates from DotA Allstars as of 6.57b Official. I do not claim the ideas as mine but the trigger work is mine. All systems were made in GUI because GUI users are more common. Convert it to Jass if you only Jass however.

All spells are MUI, meaning players can cast the spells multiple times at once without any issues. All spells are leakless, so copy it all. Call destroygroups and points are in Jass, to remove leaks. DO NOT REMOVE THOSE!

Copy

Things to copy
1)Main Ability + Dummy Abilities
2)Dummy Unit
3)Overgrowths buff
4)The Triggers
Includes

1) Echo Slam (In GUI) [MUI]
*Slams the ground and damages all nearby units. All units hit will emit another shockwave outwards, dealing additional damage.

2) Ravage (In GUI) [MUI]
*Sends out impales in all directions, sending all of the units into the air!

3) Overgrowth (In GUI) [MUI]
*Traps all nearby units in a growth of roots, entangling them. Stops all movements and damages the enemies for a few seconds.
Explanations

1) Echo Slam
First the trigger finds all nearby units. Then the trigger stores them in a variable. The spells base ability, war stomp applies the initial damage and for every unit a dummy is created. That dummy uses the spell fan of knives, which has the shockwave missle instead of the fan of knives missle.

2) Ravage
The trigger begins by creating a unit. The unit is then given the ability impale and is told to impale a certain degree. The trigger destroys all the leaks and loops it. The actions run a total of 16 times.

3) Overgrowth
The trigger finds all nearby units. Then it stores them in a unit group variable. The trigger then creates a dummy unit and entangling roots everyone in that unit group.
I'll be uploading more spell packs if this gets approved. Not just of DotA Allstars, but more of my spells. All of my spells (or at least 90%) will be GUI and by MUI. If a spell isn't MUI, it isn't that useful in many maps IMO. I already have a spell or 2 already done for another pack.

Also: Mods if this isn't approved, do not reject it first. Tell me whats wrong so I can fix it! If your going to ignore it, then just tell me to remove the resource, I hate seeing rejected resources all over my list.

V1.04

-Optimized all spell codes. Now it's easier to import and use correctly.
*Made a single dummy unit for all spells.
*Make single dummy spells with three levels.
*Smashed some variables together.
Contents

DotA Allstars Ultimates V1.04 (Map)

Reviews
20:29, 6th Dec 2008 Dr Super Good: The spell file name results in the spell not being openable with out modifying its name, fix so it can be reviewed or else this recource will be rejected.

M

20:29, 6th Dec 2008
Dr Super Good:
The spell file name results in the spell not being openable with out modifying its name, fix so it can be reviewed or else this recource will be rejected.

Level 14
how about using multi level dummy spells?
your Overgrowth trigger is extremely unoptimized (why the hell are you creating a dummy caster on top of every target, when everything works with just one caster (oh, not to mention that your method only works with a castpoint of 0)).
Your Echoslam trigger doesnt work correctly. And i can tell that by looking at your trigger.
Other than that, theyre probably fine.

Level 13
Badly made spells that almost looks same in dota.

-This is wrong (and picked unit should be used as matching unit):
  • Set Unit_Groups_1[2] = (Units within 800.00 of Position_Spells[3] matching (((Picked unit) is A structure) Equal to False))
-you dont seem to kill the dummy units/remove them

-if then else without condition (remove it)

-this leaks:
  • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Crypt Lord - Impale ((Position of (Last created unit)) offset by 0.00 towards ((Real((Integer A))) x 18.00) degrees)
-This probly leaks too, cause it loops thre group, and you dont seem to understand how loops work anyway.
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Unit_Groups_1[1] and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Set Position_Spells[1] = (Position of (Picked unit))
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy[Caster] for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at Position_Spells[1] facing Default building facing degrees
      • Set Unit_Group_Dummies = (Last created unit group)
      • Unit Group - Add (Last created unit) to Unit_Group_Dummies
and these are only part of the problems.

So ill give it a 1/5

Level 13
You really should examine the spells more... Some of the stuff you mentioned I did right but you didn't even look at.

1: The units destroy themselves with negative hp regen so I don't have to fool with it.
2: It's a fucking DotA spellpack, why would I make it have non DotA spells?

So I give your comment a 1/5

With your attitude dont expect anymore feedback from me. As your spells is now it wont get approved and you should learn to gui before whining. They are just wrong.

Level 19
How are they MUI?
If both heroes cast it on the same time, the spell might fail.
This is NOT MUI in my eyes, as the same variables are still used by the same casters.
CHUNK said:
-> MUI isn't a thing, it's a technique (whereby you design so that units can use the same abilities simultaneously).

You either use locals or remove the MUI, sorry.

Oh and my advice for you : Start creating spells based on your own idea's, they might even be better then already-created spells!

Level 7
How are they MUI?
If both heroes cast it on the same time, the spell might fail.
This is NOT MUI in my eyes, as the same variables are still used by the same casters.

You either use locals or remove the MUI, sorry.

Oh and my advice for you : Start creating spells based on your own idea's, they might even be better then already-created spells!

You actually now what mui means?(Multi -Unit- Instanceable) All this spells are instant so its almost impossible to make them not mui. (ok when two players use them with 0.000001 picosecond between each cast then you might get some problems but chance that this happens = 0.00000000000000000001%)

Spells are not that bad although the graphics are not completely the same as in dota, in dota you longer see the shockwave projectiles, maybe you should lower speed of them.

Level 1
Go Prot Go! I have no idea what all this map-making stuff means though. Found it through the CMNC YouTube. Keep it up. :thumbs_up:

I made an account to +rep you lol :D