• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Guaross 1.2.6

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Hi! :) This map is just for fun, so i know about bugs. I really apologize for the Polish language in the descriptions and my bad english. :/
The map has:
+ 300 max food
+ 5 spells for heroes and a higher max level
+ paladin, blademaster, death knight and priestess of the moon have spells that call additional units
+ new units, buildings and models
+ 3 bosses
+ bookshops and market with siege machines
- bots won't use new units, spells and other

I'm going to work on the map.
If I forgot about something I'm sorry.

I hope someone will like it. ^_^
Contents

Guaross 1.2.6 (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
1. Well, nobody but Polish knowers would understand that loading screen description. Also, in the game, there is text in Polish. Some spells are totally in Polish and some units too. 2. Neutral hostile heroes coloured like some players. 3. Why would...
Level 2
+Models of buildings and almost all units are changed
+Shops are having colored names (colored names are always cool :) )
+Spawning aditional units let's you make cool big battles
+Concept of world bosses I LIKE IT

-Spawning units isn't temporial but they cost no food ( it feels weird, man [u should make it temporial or give food cost to that guys])
-Mixed languages are hurting eyes A LOT . You can change game language and copy good ones on places of not english ones . If you are not into changing language ask me or someone else for sending you english descriptions

Map looks cool but needs to be polished
1.As I said before, priv me or someone else for translated descriptions .
2.Make world bosses more challenging

Last edited:
Level 2
Thanks for advice. :thumbs_up:
I'm going to change language soon and make ENG and PL map version. Currently i'm working on this spawning units, naga's and bosses. ^_^
I want to add new items. AGI, INT and STR sets with abilities like cyclone.

Level 11
nice map :infl_thumbs_up: good luck and keep it up

notes:
-it should be english language for what @Krisent said
-add screenshots to attract the people of your map :fp: How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description
-add credits list, changelog :fp: Map Submission Rules
-make a nice map description for melee maps just copy the BB codes then edit it:fp: Description Guide - Melee Maps
-add quest log then put author, credits, changelog same for what you write on your map description

rate 3/5 i'll change that after you update it

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
1. Well, nobody but Polish knowers would understand that loading screen description. Also, in the game, there is text in Polish. Some spells are totally in Polish and some units too.
2. Neutral hostile heroes coloured like some players.
3. Why would the second Wisp also build an Ancient Protector?
4. The secondary Archer is basically a stronger version. Why not have an upgrade for the first Archer to become that instead like using the Berserker upgrade.
5. The map is not symmetrical and neutral units and buildings are chaotically placed. It's supposed to have the melee factor in the game which includes same advantages for everybody.
6. Each hero has one bonus spell which can be found on other heroes.
7. Mines have absolutely too much gold and are scarcely protected.
8. Human farms give 20 food and cost the same as before...
9. You don't just change existing unit models and call it Altered Melee.

Awaiting Update.

===========================================================================================

Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

These will help make a better description:

Screenshots could attract more players to download your work. Make the best of them.

A credits list is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated.

A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.

To make your work run smoother, fix the so called leaks: Triggers - Memory Leaks and Custom Scripts

If you want more reviews, come here:
The Grand Review Exchange!