1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Guaross 1.2.6

Submitted by Mat3uszzz
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
Hi! :) This map is just for fun, so i know about bugs. I really apologize for the Polish language in the descriptions and my bad english. :/
The map has:
+ 300 max food
+ 5 spells for heroes and a higher max level
+ paladin, blademaster, death knight and priestess of the moon have spells that call additional units
+ new units, buildings and models
+ 3 bosses
+ bookshops and market with siege machines
- bots won't use new units, spells and other

I'm going to work on the map.
If I forgot about something I'm sorry.

I hope someone will like it. ^_^
Contents

Guaross 1.2.6 (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
1. Well, nobody but Polish knowers would understand that loading screen description. Also, in the game, there is text in Polish. Some spells are totally in Polish and some units too. 2. Neutral hostile heroes coloured like some players. 3. Why would...
  1. Krisent

Krisent

Resources:
    Resources:
    +Models of buildings and almost all units are changed
    +Shops are having colored names (colored names are always cool :) )
    +Spawning aditional units let's you make cool big battles
    +Concept of world bosses I LIKE IT

-Spawning units isn't temporial but they cost no food ( it feels weird, man [u should make it temporial or give food cost to that guys])
    -Mixed languages are hurting eyes A LOT . You can change game language and copy good ones on places of not english ones . If you are not into changing language ask me or someone else for sending you english descriptions

Map looks cool but needs to be polished
    1.As I said before, priv me or someone else for translated descriptions .
    2.Make world bosses more challenging

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
  2. Mat3uszzz

Mat3uszzz

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks for advice. :thumbs_up:
    I'm going to change language soon and make ENG and PL map version. Currently i'm working on this spawning units, naga's and bosses. ^_^
    I want to add new items. AGI, INT and STR sets with abilities like cyclone.

3. trebla ratilla

trebla ratilla

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    nice map :infl_thumbs_up: good luck and keep it up

notes:
    -it should be english language for what @Krisent said
    -add screenshots to attract the people of your map :fp: How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description
    -add credits list, changelog :fp: Map Submission Rules
    -make a nice map description for melee maps just copy the BB codes then edit it:fp: Description Guide - Melee Maps
    -add quest log then put author, credits, changelog same for what you write on your map description

rate 3/5 i'll change that after you update it

4. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    1. Well, nobody but Polish knowers would understand that loading screen description. Also, in the game, there is text in Polish. Some spells are totally in Polish and some units too.
    2. Neutral hostile heroes coloured like some players.
    3. Why would the second Wisp also build an Ancient Protector?
    4. The secondary Archer is basically a stronger version. Why not have an upgrade for the first Archer to become that instead like using the Berserker upgrade.
    5. The map is not symmetrical and neutral units and buildings are chaotically placed. It's supposed to have the melee factor in the game which includes same advantages for everybody.
    6. Each hero has one bonus spell which can be found on other heroes.
    7. Mines have absolutely too much gold and are scarcely protected.
    8. Human farms give 20 food and cost the same as before...
    9. You don't just change existing unit models and call it Altered Melee.

Awaiting Update.

===========================================================================================

Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

These will help make a better description:

Screenshots could attract more players to download your work. Make the best of them.

A credits list is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated.

A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.

To make your work run smoother, fix the so called leaks: Triggers - Memory Leaks and Custom Scripts

If you want more reviews, come here:
    The Grand Review Exchange!