• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[General] What are the new features added to World Editor in WC3 Reforged?

Level 2
1. Can I edit my spell based on Hero's stat without using Unit Damage Trigger? like changing chain lightning damage value based on INT not Use Unit Damage Target to deal damage.

2. Can I open my old JassNewGen map (wc3 version 1.2.6) in the New Reforged Editor and Edit the jass code with it?

3. What features they added to the reforged that I should know to help my map editor much easier? (Is there a damage detection system or I have to use community damage system again?)

4. If I can do what I said in the number 1. so Can I edit unit stat like HP , Turn rate, Armour, via the trigger?

1. No...... ish. New trigger actions were added to change the damage of chain lightning for a given hero on the map while the game is running, but using them is not nearly as simple as what you are asking for.

2. Yes
[Edit: But in the recent Patch 1.33 from August 17, 2022 the new people came in who don't respect the editor as much, and they broke things. This includes them breaking the Jass NewGen system built into the Reforged editor, so that it is still there but turned off by default. So you're going to want to use the drop down menu to turn it back on.]

3. Yes there is a new GUI trigger event "Unit takes damage" as I recall, plus some new "Event Response" for the damage amount. [If I recall, some people still use additional community resources on top of this event for added functionality, but the existence of the new event makes it more accessible.]

4. There are new trigger actions to set unit stats. This may include HP, Turn Rate, and Armor. However, they are sometimes confusing to get working versus their legacy counterparts because the folks who added them were "doing what they were told" for the modding community and not necessary avid Warcraft 3 modders themselves.

Level 2
1. No...... ish. New trigger actions were added to change the damage of chain lightning for a given hero on the map while the game is running, but using them is not nearly as simple as what you are asking for.

2. Yes
[Edit: But in the recent Patch 1.33 from August 17, 2022 the new people came in who don't respect the editor as much, and they broke things. This includes them breaking the Jass NewGen system built into the Reforged editor, so that it is still there but turned off by default. So you're going to want to use the drop down menu to turn it back on.]

3. Yes there is a new GUI trigger event "Unit takes damage" as I recall, plus some new "Event Response" for the damage amount. [If I recall, some people still use additional community resources on top of this event for added functionality, but the existence of the new event makes it more accessible.]

4. There are new trigger actions to set unit stats. This may include HP, Turn Rate, and Armor. However, they are sometimes confusing to get working versus their legacy counterparts because the folks who added them were "doing what they were told" for the modding community and not necessary avid Warcraft 3 modders themselves.
Wow thanks so much. be able to edit unit Armour value via trigger (not add Spell Armor Bonus) is my dream for so long.