• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What editor to use for a new map?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I am going to make a new map, I am just not sure which editor I should use. If I used the Hive editor or the Wc3 Classic editor, will it be playable on reforged? If I use the reforge editor will I have issues with testing until reforge is ready.

Thank you.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
I believe you can open Classic maps in Reforged but you can't open Reforged maps in Classic.

So to be on the safe side I think making the map on classic is the best move right now because you can always open it in the Reforged Editor later to test it or even save it as a new Reforged map.

Level 6
I believe you can open Classic maps in Reforged but you can't open Reforged maps in Classic.

So to be on the safe side I think making the map on classic is the best move right now because you can always open it in the Reforged Editor later to test it or even save it as a new Reforged map.
okay ty buddy,
have blizzard mentioned anything about custom models/icons/skins working with reforged? i want to use a bit of them but i dont want my map to be screwed cause of it.

Level 2
okay ty buddy,
have blizzard mentioned anything about custom models/icons/skins working with reforged? i want to use a bit of them but i dont want my map to be screwed cause of it.
It seems there's a few problems with custom models not loading properly with the beta editor. I'd suggest just using placeholder models untill Reforged is released :)

Status
Not open for further replies.