• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gta Iv

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Just finished a three hour marathon of GTA IV and was wondering what people's thoughts on Rockstar's new GTA and how its changed from San Andreas.

From what I've playing I thought that:
Pros
-Great graphics
-More realistic
-Sweet new cover system
-Multiplayer
-Lots of extras like cinematic mode

Cons
-Occasionally the frame-rate drops noticeably
-Harder to blow up cars with gun fire
-Stronger cops - sometimes they headshot you
-Controls can be a bit unresponsive sometimes

Level 13
Personally? I'm dissaponted.

They downgraded it down from SA. No leveling your skills (weapons, driving, fitness), no airplanes, feels like a small, less diverse game world, less verity of weapons. And ofc, less cheats.

Do love the weapon effects and cover though. But I'd trade the graphics of 4 for the awesome gameplay of SA.

Level 36
Ewww San Andreas was shit. All of that extra crap detracted from the gameplay. In many regards IV is more realistic than SA. In other ways it is less realistic, AND IT WORKS BETTER. No one wants to fucking exercise in a game, so why have that crap?

GTA IV is the ultimate perfection. It's like if Rockstar were all alchemists, this shit is the Philosopher's Stone.

To give you some idea, I went out and bought a 360 just so I could play this game.

Level 13
No one wants to fucking exercise in a game, so why have that crap?

I liked it, it was fun to better yourself over the course of the game.

Oh, also forgot, less clothing options in this game too. And playing an ex-soviet guy kicks so much ass it's not even funny.

Level 17
To give you some idea, I went out and bought a 360 just so I could play this game.

Ha! I won!

Oh and, if you dont buy this game i'll be forced to go to your house and beat you to death.

GTA 4 is a quarter less hyped than Halo 3, and its ALREADY beaten the release sale records of it. This game is perfection, in both senses. Literarly (Most websites give it a perfect 10) and what ever the hell the second sense is.

Level 13
I haven't beaten the story yet, but they never say WHERE is from exactly, just from eastern Europe. But he defiantly isn't Russian (/cry).

Level 36
Yeah, they purposely don't tell you. At some points they call him a Serb, at others a Russian, and then just a Balkan.

And on this one, I must admit that Rockstar did a better job of hyping the game. Why? They kept everything under wraps, as hushed up as possible. This just served to increase the hype a thousand-fold.

And Stallion: I went the Tuesday that GTA4 came out to go buy it :p

Level 13
Looks like Niko is a serb after all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GTA_4 said:
The game is set in a re-imagined Liberty City, a fictional city based heavily on modern day New York City. It follows Niko Bellic, a Serbian veteran of the Bosnian War who comes to the United States in search of the American Dream, only to find his cousin has lied about the wealth that was promised to be awaiting him.

Level 13
Well he DOES speak in his native language a few times. If that was Serbian he was speaking, couldn't it be safe to assume that's where he's from?

Level 18
My xbox is actually running right now with GTA IV. It is excellent. I don't like how there are no planes, but that is just fine for me. I love the cover system, and the sexy graphics. Cops being tougher is a plus, and make the game more challenging.
Overall, it was worth the money. Plus the fact there is online multiplayer is awesome. I havent tried it because I don't have XBOXLIVE but I plan to get it just for that.

CHEATS are for NOOBS. I can see using a cheat if you have beat the game and want to dick around, but as for in the middle of the game, it is really lame to use cheats, and I don't think a game should ever be judged for lack of cheats.

And who cares about clothing options? It's not about playing dress up. It's about playing strap up and killing and doing things that in the real world are frowned upon.

Level 13
Thats not a mistake. They don't want you cheating till you played the game for what it is.

Level 36
1) Absolutely no one (except retards) play the game without cheating at least once. This doesn't mean you have to cheat during the story (A lot of people don't), but so many people cheat while just screwing around in the game.

I thought that it only blocked the achievement while the cheat was active, rather than permanently.... are you sure that's not how it is?

Level 3
Its actually pretty smart, when they mean its blocked for the save it only means IF you save after it so you can load your game and cheat for a while without that save being permanently screwed. Anyway, the lack of tanks is disappointing and the helicopter possibly needs an auto-aim for the machine gun.

Level 17
Seriously, ever tried using that in multiplayer?

Its useless. Aiming is impossible. It should have been a seperatly controlled turret. (Like maybe holding the aim button down makes your helicopter hover in its current position and you can aim the machine guns)

Status
Not open for further replies.