• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

-Grendel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Does anybody know what happened to -Grendel? It's kind of freaking me out.
Many of his models have some words of consolation in them, something like "rest in peace -Grendel", "Model edited by misha since -Grendel is deceased", "model accepted in memory of -Grendel" and most of his old resources are closed (No longer able to comment on them or rate).

Does anybody know what happened? Because for all I know -Grendel is alive and still posting models and skins all over the hive!

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/off-topic-478/cycle-life-232484/
!_Goodbye.jpg

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

this is what he said about this matter : http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/off-topic-478/beans-245001/index2.html

let's just leave this in the past alright? i don't see any good reason for us to keep discussing about this. he is a great guy. he just being sensitive about the past that he probably don't want to remember. we all have this kind of past. and most of us just don't want to get to know it and try to forget it.

let's just try to understand him and his matter. his choosen words are probably sometimes rather harsh to the other member, and probably his attitude aswell? but i guess that's just what makes -grendel is -grendel.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Aeroblyctos said:
What the hell, sounds stupid. Was he punished after that?
Lying is not breaking the rules. It only breaks trust.

-Grendel is alive yes. As Wisdom also posted.

This thread does not serve much of a purpose anymore. Let's not let it turn into something that breaks the following rule:
Rules said:
6. Threads about Specific People
- Posting threads to chastise single individuals is prohibited.

This is pretty much derailed at this point.
Just saying that an author has the right to request closure for his resource threads if something seems way off.

Now, I know that once uploaded said resources also become public but still the request for closure remains valid.
So, if he doesn't want to talk about the past then it's given that it should be left well alone.

So, shall we not go there and just accept the fact that he didn't want those to be commented upon?

Level 21
I think we should just let it go.
Sure the stuff he pulled was very childish, but probably he was going through life crisis who knows.
Other than that, I am not sure why the threads are locked, but it's his resources so he can contact the mobs and lock them if he wants.
Nobody can take that, and still to I actually left myself for a quite a while, but I came back.

Roland

R

Roland

EVERYONE CAN LIE that he/she is deceased..

Last edited by a moderator:

Roland

R

Roland

Woops, I was gonna edit it and I forgot about that sowwy lemme edit .-. Shews darn

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Guys, I think we'll stop here. This thread hardly even belongs in OT, and it doesn't really belong anywhere else either.

If you want resource threads opened, our stance is the same as always: report the thread, and we'll look into it.

Case, and thread, closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.