• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Cycle of Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
!_Goodbye.jpg

A few personal words from me:

I always enjoyed looking at -Grendel's work.
The effort he put into it, the ideas and concepts, the execution - all of it made his career on this site one to remember.

I also enjoyed having conversations with him.
He was always outspoken and stood true to what he believed in.
The times we spoke about more personal matters are the most memorable.

I want to express my condolescences to his family and friends, who held him very dear.

These are cloudy times, yet I want everyone to remember:
Where there are shadows, there is light.

He was a good moderator, great modeller, and a genuinely kind person. He's released over 100 resources in his time here, and he's helped me several times with my own modelling endeavours. I still remember supporting him to get a user of the year award; I still think he deserves one. I'll always remember his old days of being ampharos, and his awesome alien dp. I hope he finds peace in the afterlife. -your friend Ghostie

Roland

R

Roland

You have got to be kidding me. I haven't heard about this yesterday, I was offline the whole day, Anyway, Farewell, Grendel. (Filipino: Palalangin tayo sa Diyos mga THW Pinoys, Di natin makakalimutan si Grendel.)

Level 16
I have yet to converse with -Grendel since coming here so I don't know him very well but from what I saw around the forum he seems to a popular and kind person. It is very unfortunate to hear that he has passed away.

I wish that he finds peace in the afterlife. My condolescences to his family and friends.

Level 7
He didn't know me but I knew him and his work.
I am sure he had his reasons for his actions. I don't know his situation at all but if he has tried hard and made a well thought-out decision then I would support it. I feel for his family friends, best wishes to them.

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

I didn't really know Grendel but it's sad to hear he isn't with us anymore. Rest in peace Grendel. You will be remembered.

Last edited by a moderator:

Roland

R

Roland

As I really respect the dead, I was shocked on this tragedy, I could really attend grendel's funeral and pray for him very hard. well, we miss you, Grendel. Take care and god bless you.

Level 12
It's so hard to believe that's gone. A hopeless situation probably, might have led him to this.
Whatever he did, may God forgive him!
It's sad and regrettable that another life was lost prematurely.
He has a child, a little daughter? It's a huge loss for her and, also, for all those who loved him.
Hope he found the peace, that he so much craved.
Farewell Grendel, we'll miss you!

Sadness overwhelms me, in the last two years have lost three lives: rysnt11, Apheraz and now - Grendel.
I think we, who have remained in Hive, should bring them some kind of "tribute". As a sign of respect and remembrance, because they also were Hive's members.

Level 14
Oh no..........
Totaly shocked................................................
-Grendel was one of the best...........................................
Rest in peace..........
One whose work and pieces of art will keep his name alive for ever...............

At least aprove this one click....

Level 33
Oh no..........
Totaly shocked................................................
-Grendel was one of the best...........................................
Rest in peace..........
One whose work and pieces of art will keep his name alive for ever...............

At least aprove this one click....

I also posted a comment :
Let's approve this for our friend -Grendel. We don't want -Grendel to have pending resources.

What the.... We have our last conversation. I did one of his challenge to me and did it well. He wanted that mesh I created and... Of course, I finished it for him. I sent it through paste bin, I waited his reply until this happened. YOU ARE SUCH THE BEST, DUDE. I always wanted this to say. http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/-grendel/eubz/

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
Holy cow... I saw your signature, Almia, and thought it was a joke. A very sick joke, as I really have come to love -Grendel's works and his amazing artistic eye. Criminy, to have someone with whom I have conversed (I think) and whose ideas and models I have fawned over... Slain due to overdose. All of that talent, those half-made models and textures, those ideas... How incredibly sad.

(that's really gonna bug me, though it sounds rude; who will be chosen to finish his models? Or check & make sure he didn't have anything else he would've wanted uploaded?)

Condolences to the family and friends.

Level 25
I had to check the date before believing this. -Grendel?! I'm literally in shock.. Not once did I suspect that he was suffering in any way.

My condolences to his family and anyone who knew him. -Grendel was an incredible artist and someone to look up to. I have always admired his work.

Rest in peace.

Level 8
It really saddens me when i hear about people with such beautiful minds leaving this world.
I didn't know him, but i really feel sad, not because of death, death is a part of life, but because throught his work i realized that he was a person with limitless imagination, and people like that, make this world go forward.
Farewell :')

So this is why I dont see his models around. Good guy, but dumb. Suicide is last bigest mistake he ever made. Sad.

I have a new dream now. If only I could travel to those people who feel crap, be with them for a few days, to cheer them up and show them, that I dont want them dead and suicide is a waste of life. Even better, imagine THW as a huge building where everyone who uses Hive Workshop lives nearby, next door... Sadly, it is just a fool's dream.

Every time I read, that somebody died here, I.. I dont want to be here anymore. I want to abandom everything I have done, I want to leave.. forget this place, just to avoid things like this in future. People die every day, but I care much more if I talked to those people even once.

THW will never be the same.

SeedinAethyr

Spam Moderator
Level 11
All these replies are making me cry.
I didn't know -Grendel, but I send out my condolences to his family, friends, and co-workers.
:goblin_cry:

Level 48
I can't believe this. I'm utterly shocked. I never expected to see this...
-Grendel was an amazing person. He was a one-of-a-kind modeler, with the most interesting, bizarre and unique ideas I've seen. I remember when he was posting his first models on the site, and I was browsing the model section, and I immediately told myself: That guy has some serious potential...
I just can't believe that such a wonderful person could've passed away so early. May he rest in peace.

Level 35
Damn, its always so frustratingly sad to hear about people who have committed suicide at the prime of life, with clearly so much to give. Its beyond my understanding why one can come to that point, yet one cannot help grieve for those left behind with the space he must have left in life.

When one is so down that suicide seems the only answer, it can only go up.

Status
Not open for further replies.