• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

GreenSword by Forgotten_Warlord

I made this sword as a request for Chilla_Killa. Although this is custom texture, and he didn't want that, texturing isn't my thing XD (apparently)

But I did make this custom texture in photo shop, and I added an alpha channle to it. so the green spots are slightly transparent.

Edit:
White Line removed!

Keywords:
Sword, green, attachment, Forgotten, Warlord, _
Contents

GreenSword by Forgotten_Warlord (Model)

Reviews
13:18, 19th Nov 2009 DonDustin: the unwrap needs some work(there is a white line in the centre and the particle count should be lower DonDustin: changes made.

M

13:18, 19th Nov 2009
DonDustin: the unwrap needs some work(there is a white line in the centre and the particle count should be lower

DonDustin: changes made.

Level 20
738 polies isn't "High Poly" at all. Its actually quite low poly still. Now "High Quality" is more what your looking for. You have a lot of verticies all together in small areas adding lots of detail. Based on a picture of just the vertexes you'd think it could be high poly but it isn't. Its not even over 1000 polies yet.

Anyway its a great model so far though there is room to improve. There are white lines at the edges and in the middle from where the white comes in on the texture. I would either adjust the UV map with Mdlvis or vertexmodify so that it goes in a little bit more and resists the incoming white. Or just extend the edges of the color on your texture a little bit past the edges.

738 polies isn't "High Poly" at all. Its actually quite low poly still. Now "High Quality" is more what your looking for. You have a lot of verticies all together in small areas adding lots of detail. Based on a picture of just the vertexes you'd think it could be high poly but it isn't. Its not even over 1000 polies yet.

Anyway its a great model so far though there is room to improve. There are white lines at the edges and in the middle from where the white comes in on the texture. I would either adjust the UV map with Mdlvis or vertexmodify so that it goes in a little bit more and resists the incoming white. Or just extend the edges of the color on your texture a little bit past the edges.

ok thanks for your input, i'll make those changes :)

Level 14
I like the sword, but... the fire doesn't convince me at all. It doesn't look like if the fire is alive u know. I don't know how to explain it by myself. Anyway, that problem it's not so serious. But still I'm sure that I can give it a 5/5 :)