1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Greek House

Submitted by Fingolfin
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
A house for my greek set, this time the design is my own. I hope you enjoy it.

UPDATE: Fixed the portrait.

Keywords:
house, greek, ancient, civilization, empires, mythology, roman, villa
Contents

Greek House (Model)

Reviews
00:21, 7th Jul 2014 MiniMage: Same like the other models. Approved. I think I'll be using that special ground texture that you use for your models. It looks neat as well. You should upload it or something, it really does look useful.
  1. 00:21, 7th Jul 2014
    MiniMage: Same like the other models. Approved. I think I'll be using that special ground texture that you use for your models. It looks neat as well. You should upload it or something, it really does look useful.

2. Heinvers

Heinvers

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Cool!
    Ideas: maybe you could add a bench outside and/or add 1 or 2 trees encircled by small rocks.

3. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I decided not to add trees since basic houses are often placed in groups, and i want avoid things that could cause too obvious repetition. I thought of maybe adding a cart standing somewhere near the wall though, just to get some extra detail.

Some bonus shots, a greek village under construction:

Images
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also made a decal texture to use instead of the regular ground textures of warcraft (attached below). Just import it using the path "ReplaceableTextures\Splats\HumanTownHallUberSplat.blp" and it will replace the town hall ground texture. I use it for all my greek structures.

Attached Files:

4. Heinvers

Heinvers

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Fair point. Lovely animations btw.

5. chilla_killa

chilla_killa

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Portrait looks bugged?

6. Pson

Pson

Resources:
    Resources:
    Most of the set buildings' portraits need a fix.

Fin, this one looks great too! Any chance you have a smaller version of the ground texture for farm sized structures? (I'm using an x 0.60-0.70 scale and it looks too large for the houses for example).

7. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Option 1 is to overwrite it to another path, such as "ReplaceableTextures\Splats\HumanUberSplat.blp", which are drawn on smaller polygons in the game. Option 2 is to downscale it yourself, in GIMP or photoshop! Just remember to sharpen it afterwards so it doesn't get blurry.

Also, i am curious as to how you feel the portrait is bugged? It does not always have the best camera angles, sure, but it is at least functional?

Last edited: Jul 6, 2014
  8. Pson

Pson

Resources:
    Resources:

I'll try the first option and see how it works.

I'm not talking about the house one. I think the archery range is fine too. But the rest seem to be from the same angle (if I recall right), but parts of the building are missing in the portraits (see your screenshots above).

9. Pinzu

Pinzu

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Love the map you revealed there, I still want to see a thread made for it.

Oh and yea.. before I forget, nice model. ^^

In my oppinion the smoke should be removed, they have a negative effect on how it looks if you place them together.

If you feel like it, I wouldn't blame you for making a tal version as well. :D

Last edited: Jul 6, 2014
  10. Splub

Splub

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice Greek house!

11. Pinzu

Pinzu

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Since you are making Ancient Mediterranean, any chance you will be touching up that old Trimarim model of Olofmolan?

12. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:

Hehe yeah, people have been saying that, but frankly this is the least prioritized map of the ones i am making, and i chose to upload these models mostly for the sake of the community. Perhaps later i will get the feel for it and finish enough to start a thread, right now, i am not really finished with the concept other than that it will be a melee style map where each player starts with a single building, and then captures more town centers (but constructs all other buildings). The factions will be Rome, Carthage, Seleucids, Ptolemaic Egypt, Macedonia, Gauls, Athens, Parthia and Scythia. Other possibilities are Iberia and Epirus.

As for the smoke - don't be fooled by how it looks in the editor, ingame it is a very, very subtle effect and i think it adds some motion into the scene.

I will be making my own triremes, or to be exact - a trireme (arrows), quinquereme (ballista) and hexareme (catapult).

@Pson: Oh, i noticed now. I have no idea why that happens, it is as if it was clipped off by some plane. I will see if moving back the team glow helps.

13. Pson

Pson

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice, ships will be useful as well:)

Your map concept seems very simular to an old, simpler map of mine, as well as the style I ended up turning down in favor of the age of empire-ish one. If you end up working on it I'd suggest replacing Athenians with Achaean League or Spartans, as the former had no real military or political power in the hellenistic period. That would also move the faction more south to the peloponnese, leaving more space between them and Macedon. You could also change Parthia for a (celt)iberian tribe using the same building set with Gauls, saving the need for eastern building set, spreading factions out more and avoiding to place the parthians more to the west than they were (if you set it to a later period with them in your map, several of the rest of your factions would be gone historicly). A thracian (tribal or macedonian lysimacid) or dacian/getic tribe might also be good for map balance unless you're using the southwesternmost scythians. Pontus or armenia might be another option if you want eastern flavor and that region seems a bit empty, and the formed could use the greek set as well.

Ofc those are matters of preference and you might know the way you want it better.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2014
  14. Mythic

Mythic

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Looks really awesome, just like the rest of your buildings. Great work!

15. chobibo

chobibo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Awesome stuff there man, I remember we had some greek themed units in the resource section, now someone could use it to make a custom race eh? :D

16. Duke

Duke

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    These are absolutely awesome. In fact after seeing them I had to install Age of Mythology and start replaying the campaign again! :D

17. Siegfird

Siegfird

Resources:
    Resources:
    good models i like it, but i need icon from it

18. InfernalTater

InfernalTater

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Awesome, I love a great building model with animations!

5/5.

19. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I found a way to fix the portrait on these:

Open the model in magos
    Open the camera manager
    Set the "far z" of the camera to something high

I will update the model fixing this later.