• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Greek Watchtower

Another greek building. I might update it with upgrade for ballista tower in the future.

Keywords:
Guard tower, ancient, mythology, empires, roman
Contents

Greek Watchtower (Model)

Reviews
16:32, 6th Aug 2014 MiniMage: Fits with the buildings. I would suggest making a wall of some sort. Nice work. Approved.

M

16:32, 6th Aug 2014
MiniMage: Fits with the buildings. I would suggest making a wall of some sort. Nice work. Approved.

Level 15
Having that shield on the side looks cool, but maybe removes some faction flexibility? (Make an attachmentpoint there instead.) And then you could make shields for Rome, Athens, Sparta, Macedon, and what ever more factions are in Ancient Empires.

Do you know that hills don't tilt your model when transoformed into a unit, or is it the (Human Scout Tower, transoformed from building to unit that causes this. So thats how you make buildable walls not tilt..!

Love this one.

Will you make a Wall a 4x4 Wall Pieace (Wall End) to match this?

Attachments

• Wall.jpg
    Wall.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 431
Last edited:
@Heinvers: There was no greek flag at this time and age. Greece was not even a country.

@Pinzu: I will not remove the shield, and i don't think it removes faction flexibility. Macedonians had round bronze shields with a star on it (but good luck making the star with ingame textures), in Athens and Sparta, shield motifs were mostly personal for each soldier, and even though there were common elements (like the spartan lambda and athenas owl), this particular style of shield could well be used by either one. Romans are a different matter, but they did treasure greek culture, and i don't think an aspis shield would be completely unfit on an early roman wall.

EDIT: I could propably make a greek wall at some point.

Level 7
I especially like this one! I'm with fin in the shield thing, no need for attachments. Early romans even used greek-ish weapons/armor before the manipular system, and I believe early triarii still had big, round shields. So even for Romans it could be a their own shield. Similarly so, and even more, for the Carthaginians.

I could use this kind of walls as well, however they bring up a dilemma as they would need flat terrain to look good.

Last edited:
Level 7
I think all greek fans should follow fingolfin. U made another awesome model. I love the feeling your models give and after reading the upper posts I found that u not only make things but also critically analyze about them e.g. the greek flag. Only thing I would want was the walls and towers matching but hell that is not a must.

Do you know that hills don't tilt your model when transoformed into a unit, or is it the (Human Scout Tower, transoformed from building to unit that causes this. So thats how you make buildable walls not tilt..!

You can set the maximum roll and pitch angles to 0.00, though I don't know if it works for buildings.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

You should make some greek units, too. Great job.