• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gothika

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Please note, temple of doom is the same map, but i had decided to change themes and stuff.

Gothika is a map similar to phase killer. Set in a village rumored to be filled with cult activity, you are sent by the king to research a mass disapearance. It appears no one who lives in the village is thee, as if they had disapeared into thin air... You are told one of you are possessed, but before you canh ask more questions, the crazy lady that tells you this disapears into thin air.

Features:
Recipe system by ammorth
A custom made backpack system
Custom music
Chat system
Gainable abilities, such as digging, and sprinting

Note to admins: Please lock the temple of doom thread, as that project is now this one.

Planned or considered features:
Secrets
save/load system to save your game stats, the more you play, the better your reward.
More terrain
More item combos
Attachments/custom item models

I am currently looking for:
Someone to improve terrain

More information:
Although the item system is being redone AGAIN, the items are being redone in a more orderly fashion.
There are currently going to be a total of around 14 types of items:
1: barricades and nets- Use these to keep your enemy in one place.

2: armor- Suits of armor, increase defense, sometimes lower move speed
3: shields- shields and arm guards, increase defense, sometimes increases evasion
4: weapons- various types of weapons, some have poisonous effects
5: locators- allows you to locate players on the map. These vary in number of players located, and can, at their most powerful, locate spectral beings
6:healing- the name says it all
7: permanent abilities- Different items that teach you abilities until the games end. Once learned, the item disappears
8: ???- its a secret
9:heal- items that effect your overall health
10:true sight and sight increases- Want to see dead people? These items are for you. also increase sight range at night
11: stat bonus items- Miscellaneous no-handed equipment, effects your stats
12: poison traps- lay these poisoned goods to damage your enemies
13: guns/Ammo- Weapons with a limited amount of use, these must be used manually. you cannot hold a weapon or shield while holding a gun.
14: Materials- Although useless by themselves, materials are used to create and upgrade other items

Please note, the game will soon be taking a more role playing like style. Although the base idea of the map will be the same, a secondary goal is to find out the towns dark past. This will involve searching through houses, mansions. Interrogating people, and looking for evidence. To accommodate this change, the story might be changing.
Planned for next update:
New locator items
New npcs
More Quests
More Recipe hints

Planned eventually
More areas, including bandit cave, the cathedral, and the graveyard cave
Link:
http://www.epicwar.com/maps/127705/

Last edited:
Level 15
Oook.. so this is a mystery map, right?
What exactly are you doing in it? Fight? Quest? Guess ?
(Sorry, not on my PC now, can't check map)

And I can try to make you a loading screen/minimap. If you are interested- share details with me by PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.