• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Goldrush -New map-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
The map keeps getting better and better DoOs! I remember the old versions with units as heros with upgradeable abilities, and though I miss them, it realy has just got better.
If you fix some of the bugs I'll do my best to get this hosted in South Africa as much as possible.
-Keep up the good work!

Level 12
It'd be funny to see television commercials for a mod for Warcraft III, but it'd definately get my attention. Any mod that can afford a commercial or two deserves some attention or a try at the mod it self.
~Craka_J

Yeah it will be cool to have an advertisement for mods :D... I think dota did it once.

The map keeps getting better and better DoOs! I remember the old versions with units as heros with upgradeable abilities, and though I miss them, it realy has just got better.
If you fix some of the bugs I'll do my best to get this hosted in South Africa as much as possible.
-Keep up the good work!

@kixer, yes I will try and fix those bugs - although for the unit ownership conversion somehow I'm not sure why it is bugged. Probably I have to change the system instead of having conditional statement:

if owner of unit is in teamOne instead do... if owner of unit playerConvertedIndex is 1-5

About the AI hmmm I'm trying to design a system for AI hero chooser. If you have a good one please let me know :D.

Thx for the other comments btw :D I'm glad it has gotten better since we first started hive goldminer :D.

Bug Report:
Played the map and I'm very impressed with the AI, however i did find a few bugs.

The leaderboard does not display AI hero Icons.

The leaderboard sometimes displays incorrect kills and deaths.

AI sometimes send miners at your base.

My townhall was attacked.

My units spawned for the opposite team.

Theres a typo in the ice mage hero where its says in the preview that her ultimate is Last Breath but the ability says Final Breath.

AI chooses heros before you, not a bug just very annoying...

Azeroth's multiboard is the one giving problems.

Azeroth miners and soldiers sometimes spawn at the Azeroth base, are coloured like thier proper owner and mine from his gold cart but belong to Lordoron ( to be more specific ).

The (x) gold to victory messages seem wrong, at 10 000 it says something like 10 000 gold remaining and is very confusing.

I could not exit the final cinematic.

Soldiers are too weak and being upgradeale would be nice.

About the multiboard can you be more specific?

Level 9
Well with the wrong team problem, it doesn't happen with the first few units so it must be some kind of change though the game...

Level 12
The leaderboard sometimes displays incorrect kills and deaths.

My units spawned for the opposite team.

Azeroth's multiboard is the one giving problems.

Azeroth miners and soldiers sometimes spawn at the Azeroth base, are coloured like thier proper owner and mine from his gold cart but belong to Lordoron ( to be more specific ).

I think it must be bj group memory leak or something, these bugs all lead to the same cause, the player force check conditional statement. I'm going to change that into a player index check.

Anyways with the townhall being attacked, did the AI really attack the townhall at the other island?

Level 35
I think it must be bj group memory leak or something, these bugs all lead to the same cause, the player force check conditional statement. I'm going to change that into a player index check.

Anyways with the townhall being attacked, did the AI really attack the townhall at the other island?

something does... so must be the AI, after what ive noticed the townhall didnt take much dmg..

Level 9
All that happens is that it says "Your town is under attack!" and it flashs red but there is no one there, its either a bad condition in an ability or the spawning units are being moved incorrectly.

Just a quick question... Why is this map protected? Its realy annoying that I can't look at your script and learn from it....

Level 9
Well I would like to take a look at your AI script, and I could always try to find any bugs ect. But only if you think you need help.

Looking forward to the new version.

Level 12
Thanks! hope to get some feedback from u :D

New Arena!

Crystal Cave

As promise I'm making a new arena option for goldrush. Its going to be bigger - includes two lane for strategical use. The game play will not change upon the new terrain but the strategy to tackle the game will change alot. This terrain is designed for the map to be more strategical and to be user friendly. Some complaints about the old terrain were the annoyance of dying quickly due to the small size and being blocked from getting out of base. The new terrain will no longer have these issues and promises a better entertainment in goldrush!

CrystalCave.jpg

CrystalCave2.jpg

CrystalCave3.jpg

Level 4
Thanks! hope to get some feedback from u :D

New Arena!

Crystal Cave

As promise I'm making a new arena option for goldrush. Its going to be bigger - includes two lane for strategical use. The game play will not change upon the new terrain but the strategy to tackle the game will change alot. This terrain is designed for the map to be more strategical and to be user friendly. Some complaints about the old terrain were the annoyance of dying quickly due to the small size and being blocked from getting out of base. The new terrain will no longer have these issues and promises a better entertainment in goldrush!

CrystalCave.jpg

CrystalCave2.jpg

CrystalCave3.jpg
wek wek.. looks cool :infl_thumbs_up: but it's take so long.. i hope we can play it in the next mapmakers gath :grin:

btw doos lama banget minggu2 lg wkwkkw ntar kalo udha jadi dites pas gath ya :D

Level 12
Changelog:

Banner.jpg

New version of Azeroth Goldrush
DOWNLOAD

Includes three new heroes:
Ice Mage, Jaina Proudmore - Elemental mage who conquers the cold breath of Azmorgil gem.
Dracorian Sage, Silithus - A corrupted eldar mage who joined the forces of Necromancers.
Assassin, Geisha - A shadow conqueror from the western world of Night Elves.

An AI version for Singleplayer:
To play with an AI, select a player slot and make it computer controlled.

Changelog version (ai)1.97
  • [Fix]The leaderboard does not display AI hero Icons.
  • [Fix]The leaderboard sometimes displays incorrect kills and deaths.
  • [Fix]My townhall was attacked issue.
  • [Fix]Units spawned for the opposite team.
  • [Fix]Typo in Jaina ultimate spell.
  • New AI hero choosing system.
  • [Fix]Multiboard Issue.
  • [Altered]Gold warning system.
  • [Tweak]Mystic Net spell missile speed changed to 35
  • [Tweak]Cooldown of shockwave changed to 60 seconds.
  • [Tweak]Frostbite duration, 2 - 3 - 4
  • [Tweak]Ice Nova damage, 100 (50) - 150 (100) - 200 (150)
  • HP Potion price changed to 350
  • Potion of Invisibility price changed to 200
  • Potion of Clarity price changed to 95
  • Dust of Appearance price changed to 225

Upcoming updates:
Three new gamemodes
Three new gameplay features
Added pathway to a dungeon filled with secret items guarded by level 30 creeps
AI improvement, buying items

Download link MIRROR#1: http://www.epicwar.com/maps/33149/

Download link MIRROR#2: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/maps/3838

Note: You are about to download a non-beta version of Goldrush.

Level 12
what update will be available next?

Lol, impatient beings :wthumbsup:

The transformation process went bazare as 70% of the system core triggers and scripts become bugged/leak. I don't know why and it must be one of wc3 world editor oddities. So in hardship I have to remake the whole system again for Goldrush and probably change the gameplay in accordance to the new built terrain.

Level 12
General preview

Well supposedly, if I'm at my home I would be able to finnish it by now but right now I'm in Florida. I promised to have the version 2.0 done by a month ago, but as I said, when I imported everything from the old map to the new terrain transformation map, things became bizzare. I have to remake some stuff and the gameplay is changed 360 degrees because the majority of people dislike the current system for getting gold.

For a preview, the gameplay system is going to be changed.
  1. To start with, Townhalls are removed*. All unit production is accessed through the heroes.
  2. Secondly goldminers no longer exist, each player can conquer goldmine by capturing it, once it is captured it will be owned by the player and will generate gold at a regular interval - simpler eh :grin:.
  3. Thirdly, the game will become alot more clearer as you can play;
  • Conquest mode where you have to conquer all goldmine.
  • Prosperity mode where your team have to gain a certain amount of gold.
  • Serenity mode which is similar to Battlefield 2 gameplay.

:wwink: Happy new years, get em goldminers worken! :wthumbsup:

Level 12
Come on DoOs get working on the new version, I want to give it a try on B.net!

:wgrin:

You're still active! haven't seen you in awhile, ps. what happened to Ascendancy?

Anyways yes, I will continue working on it once I get back home :xxd:

Sounds fun.
(15 character limit)

Hehe thanks, if you're really interested you can contact me in live messenger, my email, [email protected] - we can play together :grin:

Level 9
You're still active! haven't seen you in awhile, ps. what happened to Ascendancy?

I've only recently become active again, but I don't mod war3 anymore Im simply here for the community.

And Ascendancy just died, no one was doing work then I became inactive ect.

Level 12
I need people who love testing out new maps. Currently the general interfaces for the new Goldrush map are done. I need people to help me out do the first Online Alpha Testing.

The first Online Alpha Testing will be at US West server. Midnight US West regional time.

If you are interested please add yourself to this thread by giving your US West battle.net id.

Thank you.

Level 12
This map actually reminds my friend of Arathi Basin in World of Warcraft. It has the similar gameplay of that in Battlefield. With the Heroes and lore it becomes seemingly like Arathi Basin.

Please give any suggestions and comments, for I need them while I'm tweaking and adding new features into it.

Thanks.

Level 12
I found why players are complaining about Agi heroes being imba. Apparently their Agi + Def ratio is 1 Armor/ 3 Agi. That is why Agi heroes have high armor and can tank even better than STR heroes... I'm going to change all that, don't worry, the map will become balance soon :grin:

Level 12
Well of course there are different tastes among different people. However, for many who like Battlegrounds in WoW, this serves your taste :grin:. Many new features added including hero balances. The BETA tests should begin in spring break.

New Features:
  • Pop Up Window Console.
  • Reviving heroes can spawn at any captured positions.
  • Assistance system.
  • Statistic system where in the end, players can view who have the most scores in varying categories.
  • Ranking system like World of Warcraft battlegrounds (honor points can be saved/loaded).
  • Unique hero death scene (like UT death cinematic).

Status
Not open for further replies.