• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gods and Empires - Project Recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Gods and Empires
Build, Expand, Conquer, Dominate
LINK FOR MAP DEVELOPMENT THREAD - CLICK THIS!>http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/gods-empires-city-building-rts-141858/
MAP TYPE:RTS-melee/City building
FEATURES
A. DYNAMIC WEATHER AND DISASTER SYSTEM

-Weather and disasters affects units and structures throughout the map adding additional depth to strategy and overall gameplay.
Weather types:Rainy, Snowy, Windy.
Disasters:Earthquake,Tsunami, Volcanic Eruption, Lightning Storm, Blizzard/Avalanche, Drought, Plague, Fire, Typhoon, Tornado, Meteor Strike.
B. MAP REGIONS
-At the beginning of the game it is your choice where on the map you would establish your empire. Different lands gives different kinds of benefits(resources, natural defence against disasters, unique flora and faunas, unique neutral buildings that can be acquired etc.). The map is divided into certain regions much like the way Earth is divided(polar, equatorial etc..).Each region yields different patterns of weather and disasters.
C. LIVING/BREATHING CITIES
-Watch as your city grow. Citizens roam and everything you build affects how they act and how your city will turn out to be.
D. CITIZENS ARE YOUR MOST PRECIOUS RESOURCES.
-In Gods and Empires, Citizens play a vital role in the success or failure of your expanding city. Military units are not directly trained from your Military buildings. Instead, it is the Citizens who are trained to be conscripted to your chosen military unit types which is researched on your Military buildings.
-Citizens also provide gold which is periodically given depending on the numder of houses you have. Citizens are categorized into 3 types: male, female and child. Male citizens can be conscripted to military units, repair structures and can attack, female citizens on the other hand can learn the ability heal but cannot attack. The Children cannot attack but overtime changes to a male villager.
-Whenever a house is built, random number of citizens(of different types) are created, after which a child will be created every x seconds. Units does not cost food(except unique units), buildings do.
-Although bigger population means bigger income, having too much proves to be costly because of maintenance costs. Every x seconds, you pay an amount equal to the total number of units you have on the map(structures and units). To solve this you can at any time turn on/off Population control button at your Capital(Town Hall) to manage your Population growth.
E. MULTI-CAMERA VIEW.
-View the game in different perspectives whenever you select a unit type.
a.Construction View(for Builder type units)- high elevation camera that allows you to easily plan the layout of your city.
b.Structure View- locks your view to the structure you selected. Close up view.
c.3rd Person View(for Hero/ king)- gives you close up view of your city on a 3rd person perspective, the camera follows you wherever you go.
d.Tactical view- extreme zoom out view, allows you to see the map from a top down view letting players have a tactical view of the battlefield.
* Pressing the Esc key resets your view to default camera view.
F. GODS.
Choose a God for your city and take control of the fate of your people.
-At the start of the game you will be given options to choose which God you want your empire to be governed with. Your choice of deity will determine the alignment, research tree, unique units and God Powers you'll have.
G. GOD POWERS
-Different Gods posess different God Powers, ranging from spells that affects the income of your buildings to spells that does damage to an area or even stop time and spells that changes the terrain or weather on a certain region. Using God Powers requires a certain amount of FAITH POINTS, which is generated either by assigning citizens to pray or by offering them at altars or by completing certain Quests.
H. GAME MODES.
a.DOMINATE- Destoy all your enemies, the last player standing wins.
b.KILL THE TITANS- The first player to kill 1 out of the 6 Titans located at different locations across the map wins.
c.PROTECT THE KING- Each player is given a king, when your king dies you lose the game.
d.WONDER OF THE WORLD-The first player to build a Wonder wins.

AS OF THIS TIME I'M STARTING TO MAKE THE TERRAIN AND SOME OF THE TRIGGERS FOR THE FEATURES.
I NEED THE FOLLOWING PEOPLE TO HELP ME FOR THIS PROJECT: CODER, MODELLER, SPELL MAKER.. FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME IF YOUR INTERESTED.
SUGGESTIONS AND CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISMS ARE MOST WELCOME..

UPDATES:

The Gods
NEROM
Nerom is the revered king of the Gods of the Realm of Niv(tentative). He is strong and powerful,but also at times prideful and stubborn. He possess the creator stone, the most valuable relic of the deities. With it he is capable of creating almost anything his mind is able of conceiving out of nothing. He is scheming, secretive and also has a tendency of being discontented. He always want change in everything around him. Often he would start creating something but would soon grew weary of it and change his mind then begin doing something else. Out of all that he created, the Humans was his most favorite. They took his attention and with them he has something to play with. He can at will dictate their fortunes. With them he was able to impose his Godliness. The fate of the Humans greatly depends on the whims of the deities themselves.
Nerom is infamous for his legendary lust for Human women. Throughout the country side, demigod offsprings often shows up-fruits of his numerous trysts. A child showing unusual or supernatural abilities is often associated with Nerom and is referrred to as "Kings's bastard".
Nerom is often depicted together with his winged white steed, Gylomesh. Gylomesh can take the shape of a living flame and can travel across the land faster than a thought and whose wings could rain down rays of blinding white light that would burn anything it will come into contact with instantaneously.
Nerom's symbols are white flame and the creator stone, signifying his burning desire to create and his discontentment.
VESTRA
Vestra is Nerom's wife and queen. She rules over domestic blessings, marriage, childbirth, jealousy and nature. She is a caring and protective Goddess and unlike his husband she tends to be sympatethic to the Humans and would often come to their aid. On rare occasions however she shows up her wrath. Nerom's straying inevitably incurs her fury causing untold natural disasters of epic proportions(scary eh?lol). According to legends, she once razed a whole city to the ground out of jealousy. The doomed city is believed to be where one of Nerom's human mistresses lived.
Throughout the realm of Niv, shrines and temples in honor of her can be found and often believers would come to these places asking for protection and blessing.
Vestra is always accompanied by a golden feathered bird, Oros. It is said that at night time Oros turns into a star, gazing upon the lands watching over Vestra's minions and keeping an eye for Nerom. Vestra's symbol is a tree with a golden bird on one of it's branches.
AIDOUS
Aidous is the younger brother of Nerom. He is wise and resourceful but is not as powerful as him. He can't create out of nothing but what makes him special is his Godly power to invent and discover things. Aidous is a thinking deity and has the innate ability to innovate and bring about new creations out of the most common or extraordinary things. He presides over Science and Technology. Inventors, scientists and engineers revere him as their patron God. Ever so often, Aidous in his human form would come down from Elohia(tentative name of the City of the Gods) to mingle with his followers, teaching and sharing with them his new discoveries.(Eureka!hehe). Aidous symbol are a scroll and a gear.
PYRAMUS
Pyramus is the twin brother of Nerom. He is considered to be as powerful as his brother but his domain is not in creating things but in destroying them. He is ill-tempered and his tanrums would often result into massive earthquakes and volcanic eruptions. He is also the God of War. War yields chaos and with it comes destruction.
Pyramus invented metallurgy and gave it to his minions. With it, humans learnt how to make weapons and armors, the essentials for War. He and Nerom have a long time dispute and often times this feud is settled through war. What Nerom created, Pyramus is bound to destroy. The Etrean War, which has been waged for more than a century is essentially an act of retaliation by Pyramus against Nerom for throwing him out of the Council of the Gods mainly because of his uncontrollable temper.
Pyramus is often depicted as a sullen and battle scarred creature wielding 2 giant swords engulfed in burning red flame. He is hot-blooded and has a tendency to get out of control. When in this state of rage however, Pyramus is at his most powerful form, destroying anything and everything in his path.
Pyramus' symbols are a volcano and 2 swords engulfed in red flame crossing each other.
OTHER GODS>Zharagum, Phraetor, Aelpho, Khendar, Eirod, Tyrr, Eltris, Althaion, Nephtom, Xaeros, Ahram, Llymnos, Nheva.(details of which will be revealed as soon as I finalized their background stories)

Terrain at about 45%
-added some doodads and refined some areas.
map layout>
GodsandEmpiresoverviewmapwip2.jpg

BytheFalls.jpg

brrr.jpg

freezingnorth.jpg

foggy.jpg

nortrealm2.jpg

pioneersnapshot.jpg

Pioneerislandrevisited.jpg

crescentpeak.jpg

Crescent.jpg

twistedandtwintree.jpg

intothenorth.jpg

Vestramountains.jpg

MajesticFallswip.jpg

MajesticFallswip2.jpg

MajesticFalls.jpg

MajesticFalls2.jpg

MajesticFalls3.jpg

OLD Terrain-5%
PioneerIslandPostcard.jpg

RockGuardiansIsle.jpg

CrescentIsland.jpg

Last edited:
Level 9
CHANGES I thought of> the whole map is divided into territories and each territory has a temple of a certain god, each different from each other. Acquiring a territory means having access to that God's power. IN contrast to that another idea I thought of is that at the start of the game every player will be given the chance to choose his governing god and instead of the first idea acquiring territories would grant the owner access to stronger God powers of the deity he has chosen. Which idea is better?

Level 2
roar?

ur so f***ing good at terraining but I think I could do a few triggers (e.g. the 3rd person view) just PM me or whatever if u would like me to help also if you do have me to help tell me all about ur theme (Gods, factions, units etc) plus I give u a +REP

Last edited:
Level 9
I already made the camera triggers, but if you have sample map with your 3rd person cam triggers in it I'd be glad to take a look at it.For the alpha release I'm planning on concentrating first with one race- the Humans, initially I thought of dividing it into 3 factions based on the techtree/technology that they specialize on or excel at, namely 1) alchemy and mechanical sciences(unit varies from mechanical steam golems to steam punk style rifle wielding soldiers) 2) arcane and mystic arts(elemental mages and summoners) 3)spiritual and divine(units includes paladins and seraphims)

Last edited:
Level 9
I will post more screenshots maybe by next week, I remade the terrain I divided it into territories such that each has a sacred ground where the temples for the Gods can only be built.

Level 3
Sounds Good!

sounds interesting, im a great cinematic maker and a moderate trigger, terrainer and unit editor so im pretty much a jack of all trades and am also willing to learn new stuff for the map.

--PM me if u think id make the cut.:thumbs_up:

Level 9
KrigeKongen>I'm still doing this map by myself so progression might be a little slow than I would have liked it but in a few weeks time school break will be coming so more time will be dedicated in doing the map.As of today I began experimenting on the triggers I would be using for the game and actually got some of them working.S0..
Terrain-45%
Triggers-at around 10-15%
I also began to make the background story for the map, mythologies and the Gods.All of which will be the basis of the spells I would put into the map..I have lots of ideas going on in my mind about the different unit types and about the gameplay and it is only a matter of time, when I get to put them in order that I would be able to post more detailed information on how the game will be played.Another thing that I would like to mention is the fact that I began to experiment doing custom models and had satisfactory results, I haven't perfected it though..progress of that would also be posted soon..So yeah..I can't wait to finish this map too hehe,here's what I came up with so far>

Last edited:
Level 9
Very nice, dont double post ;)

I wasn't intentionally. My net's screwing up, it won't show so I posted again. edited it now hehe. As of now i'm concentrating more on finishing the terrain and when I'm done with it the triggering part is next on line. By then maybe I could really need some help with it.:gg:

Level 9
Suggestions on the gameplay, storyline or on anything are most welcome though..I don't know if your familiar with these games but I played so many rts and city building type games and more or less the map is inspired by them. Ahm, Black and White2, Age of mythology, Dawn of Discovery, Battle for Middle Earth, Wc3 and starcraft of course and the recent Majesty 2..Total WAr series etc..SO basically the map is a combination of the gameplay and mechanics I liked from those games. oh i forgot to mention dawn of war..lol

Level 9
I need a triggerer for my map..I have made some of the triggers but for sure most of them leaks so I need someone whose experienced in making triggers..and also a modeller who could help me do the custom units..I can try doing it by myself but that would take too long so if anyone is interested do PM me and link or attach a sample of your work..Thanks

Level 9
I need an expert spell maker and triggerer for my project and also a modeller who could do units and structures very well..pm me if interested..

Level 2
I suppose I can offer my assistance. I am by no means an expert, but I would like to help. This project looks like it will be a lot of fun when completed.

Level 9
I suppose I can offer my assistance. I am by no means an expert, but I would like to help. This project looks like it will be a lot of fun when completed.

Assistance in what form? what do you specialize in?

I need a pro modeller for this project, pm me of your interested..

Last edited:
Level 2
My apologies. I can do triggers, mainly. I am, as stated above, by no means an expert, but I can provide assistance until you find someone who better fits the role.

Level 9
My apologies. I can do triggers, mainly. I am, as stated above, by no means an expert, but I can provide assistance until you find someone who better fits the role.

Aside from that what else do you have to offer, because for the triggerer position I need someone who could do some systems for me and also do some coding etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.