• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Godlands 1 (Land of the Gods): Mogri'thar the Knight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
GODLANDS 1 by: Allain55X

attachment.php

Godlands 1 is a single player RPG game map.... It is a story about a human knight from the Braveknights, Mogri'thar! Mogri'thar was lost on a mysterious place filled with giants, monsters and Gods! Seeking information at this mysterious lands is the mission of Mogri'thar.

This is my most active map. I am giving my full time here so expect this map to be finished like a month or 2... But here's the status of the map:

STORY: 20% - Not yet tackling more of the story but this is just easy to finish. Already have some ideas on my mind so don't worry!

QUESTS: 9% - Updated and I have done 1 main quest and 2 optional quests!

TERRAIN: 78% - Doing the terrain of the ruins, it is the final area where the final boss is located.

UNITS: 68% - Units includes monsters, giants and Gods. Well, I have many units in the game that includes 2 bosses but still far from complete.

MAP AREA: 92% - Well, im near on filling the map. Only some places to go!

So... this is it! This is the status of my map based at looking on my map. If you want to play my update maps, go to Ideas Factory and find "Godlands I: Mogri'thar the Knight!". Thanks to APproject's map Rise of Gigantes because it inspires me to create this map! Thanks you very much!

Attachments

• Godlands 1.png
    Godlands 1.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 271
  • Godlands 2.png
    Godlands 2.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 207
  • Godlands 3.png
    Godlands 3.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 223
  • Godlands 4.png
    Godlands 4.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 244
  • Godlands 1 Minimap Image.jpg
    Godlands 1 Minimap Image.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 491
Last edited:
Level 31
Good to hear that it inspired you. :) Well, when I checked your screenshots it was really empty to me, check Rise of the Gigantes terrain, it is full in every corner. Weather effect would add more charm, but it won't fill your screen with good looking environment, it is like souce, you still have to keep up at least 30-40 doodads seen in your default camera area of sight. You can increase scale of doodads to take more space as well, but then don't forget to put pathing blockers.

Level 4
Good to hear that it inspired you. :) Well, when I checked your screenshots it was really empty to me, check Rise of the Gigantes terrain, it is full in every corner. Weather effect would add more charm, but it won't fill your screen with good looking environment, it is like souce, you still have to keep up at least 30-40 doodads seen in your default camera area of sight. You can increase scale of doodads to take more space as well, but then don't frget to put pathing blockers.

Thanks... next time there will be some more decor in it... every place every corner!

Level 4
The Ruins where legendary enemies can be located and the last stage where the final boss can be located...

attachment.php

attachment.php

...Im not yet finish on the ruins just some places in it. And thats not all the enemies in the ruins!

Attachments

• Ruins 1.jpg
    Ruins 1.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 403
  • Ruins 2.jpg
    Ruins 2.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 389
Level 16
No need for mega letters. The terrain really needs a lot of work. What do you want with the quests if you don't even have a half finished terrain? Just check out the other projects out there such as Requiem or Shadows of Everwood. Even my map's terrain is better, yet it has nothing in it just a few trees and a bunch of rocks. Check out this thread and the rest of the tutorials section.

If you need quests this bad search for the Quest Workshops.

Level 4
Will have to ask does this terrain fog fits the game? Will this color of fog fit for different weathers? Will this color of fog fits the ruins place in my map?

attachment.php

If not, pls can someone suggest a fog color that will fit?

Attachments

• Example.jpg
    Example.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 207
Level 16
People use fog depending on the style of the map they are making. For example a terrain of a crypt or a catacomb uses a light gray fog because it fits with the gray walls and stuff. For a forest people use dark/half-bright green or dark purple fog. If you want a fog for the area you shown us at the top of this page you shall use something dark orange/yellow but for the grassy areas you should use green.

Level 9
I am no expert in terrain, but terrain needs more AWESOME factor, get it?

Anyways, I saw the ogre part and got an Idea

skins_3321_screenshot_tnb.jpg

Quest Icon:
icons_7016_btn.jpg

Credit to model and icon : Mr Goblin
Link : Model
Link :Icon

OGRE RUMBLE
Hello lad. I see you became more powerful since we last met. I have a favor to ask you, do it quickly for me eh? As you can see, this land is wretched with vile creatures and evil lurkers, but this one, he is one of the main reasons why I have this stupid form. But you, I can see great potential! From the very beginning that I saw you unconscious on the ground after fighting on his underdogs, I see a violent aura on your body, even when you are down and fatigued. Ah, I know you want revenge. Find him. He lurks among the caves of the ogres. Search and Kill. That's all I ask. Be wary though, his minions are much more powerful than any monster, including the underdog you have fought before, so go with caution. I shall reward you greatly, and I shall share even my hidden knowledge to you, including forbidden spells. That is, if you live.
icons_7101_btn.jpg

skins_3331_screenshot_tnb.jpg

Credit: Mr. Goblin
Link : Icon

Morok the Outcast

Notes:
He will be the one who will see the knight and revive him
The giver of the last optional quest
Giver of assorted spells
He will fight back the underdog to save the knight

---
There you go.

-Da Fist-

Level 4
I am no expert in terrain, but terrain needs more AWESOME factor, get it?

Anyways, I saw the ogre part and got an Idea

skins_3321_screenshot_tnb.jpg

Quest Icon:
icons_7016_btn.jpg

Credit to model and icon : Mr Goblin
Link :Icon

OGRE RUMBLE
Hello lad. I see you became more powerful since we last met. I have a favor to ask you, do it quickly for me eh? As you can see, this land is wretched with vile creatures and evil lurkers, but this one, he is one of the main reasons why I have this stupid form. But you, I can see great potential! From the very beginning that I saw you unconscious on the ground after fighting on his underdogs, I see a violent aura on your body, even when you are down and fatigued. Ah, I know you want revenge. Find him. He lurks among the caves of the ogres. Search and Kill. That's all I ask. Be wary though, his minions are much more powerful than any monster, including the underdog you have fought before, so go with caution. I shall reward you greatly, and I shall share even my hidden knowledge to you, including forbidden spells. That is, if you live.
icons_7101_btn.jpg

skins_3331_screenshot_tnb.jpg

Credit: Mr. Goblin
Link : Icon

Morok the Outcast

Notes:
He will be the one who will see the knight and revive him
The giver of the last optional quest
Giver of assorted spells
He will fight back the underdog to save the knight

---
There you go.

-Da Fist-

Hmmm.... the idea you gave is helpful but Ive gathered a quest with your idea! Its like instead of killing that ogre you show.....its the Ogre Boss in the ruins!

Level 4
Project fail!

Sorry to those who are looking forward for this map but I will not continue this map anymore. I really like to continue it but when I open the map it causes FATAL ERROR because of a Thrall model but I dont have a Thrall model. If anyone knows a way to fix this problem....well better... I can continue it!

Status
Not open for further replies.