• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

God RPG - Betrayal Alpha 0.24

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: syponis
God RPG - Betrayal, currently under production by ShadowNasta Productions, is a single player RPG based on Ancient Greek mythology.
Hades has betrayed the other Gods, and, forbidden to war among themselves, the gods turn to a mortal to champion their cause.

The player takes on the role of Kyrus, the Champion of the Gods, and must make his way through the city of Athens, striking down the forces of Hades that occupy the city. Kyrus' journey will take him to an ancient shrine of Hades, and ultimately to the Underworld itself.

Always behind Kyrus are his four followers, Tyren, Hira, Aurus and Matyus. The player can take advantage of these loyal soldiers by giving them orders. The player cannot, however, directly control these followers. Instead, the player can use a set of commands (such as 'Heal us', which commands the recipient of the command to disengage from the battle, stand back and start healing) to effectively utilise these followers.

There are four available difficulty settings in God RPG. These difficulty settings are:

Recruit (Easy, for the somewhat... challenged)
Soldier (Normal, recommended for most new players)
Hero (Hard, recommended for skilled players)
Champion (Insane, extremely difficult)

Please note that I do not advise selecting the 'Recruit' difficulty, as it is in all honesty so easy that it is boring.

Keywords:
RPG, Greek mythology, Zeus, Kyrus, Ares, Aries, God, God RPG, Single Player
Contents

God RPG - Betrayal Alpha 0.24 (Campaign)

Reviews
16:37, 9th Apr 2009 by bounty hunter2: Unfortunatly the map database does not support Alphas, thus you should work more and release a beta perhaps, for now, Rejected. Update this when ready.

M

16:37, 9th Apr 2009 by bounty hunter2:
Unfortunatly the map database does not support Alphas, thus you should work more and release a beta perhaps, for now, Rejected. Update this when ready.

Level 4
its good, keep working, but i foud a bug:when im in battle with dorsa, when hes powers are regerated and he silence me, i cant cast any spells, so its unbalanced.and allies dont healed me, they do not silenced and haved mana, but i haved 20hp and dont heal me, they healing only other champions.

Level 3
pretty nice, but you need to add some checkpoint, so if the hero die, it won't end the game.
need more custom spell and model.
the terrain is bad, need improvement

Level 5
its good, keep working, but i foud a bug:when im in battle with dorsa, when hes powers are regerated and he silence me, i cant cast any spells, so its unbalanced.and allies dont healed me, they do not silenced and haved mana, but i haved 20hp and dont heal me, they healing only other champions.

He only silences you if you use Strike of the Champion in phase two. In addition, try putting one of your followers on 'Heal Me' mode.

Tiranasta
ShadowNasta Productions

Level 1
I played this and sorry to say i am not satisfied let alone impressed.
My Rating: 2/5

1......use a different campaign screen. This one doesn't suit the title a bit.
2......as in the previous campaign custom models not there except 1.the model used for Kyrus is nice.
3......I don't know much about the Greece mythology but i am sure that Zeus holds lightnings not hammers.
4......The motion of Kyrus over the stairs,before he enters into the portal for the test, isn't too good. It appears as though he is walking through the stairs.
5......In the cinematic Kyrus was strong enough to kill the skeletons in one attack but while playing he isn't that strong.
6......what was the test given to Kyrus. Not told anywhere.
7......if it was a test set by Zeus then what were Hades's skeletons doing there?
8......The fires that were summoned at the end were not effective at all. they took too much time to appear. by that time i had passes there ranges.
9......when the "Warrior of Hades" came he stood at his place for a bit too long.
10.....when Zeus calls Kyrus to mount Olympus he speaks some sentences. one of his dialogue consisted of 4-5 lines. It was way too fast. I didn't have the time to even read two of them.
11.....it is an RPG. But when i was in Athens i could move my camera anywhere. it was not fixed to the place where Kyrus is.
12.....i don't get any experience by killing monsters in Athens. Why?
13.....there is a problem with the 4 of my followers. if i go too far from them then they come to me .but they go back a bit many times before reaching me. what's the use of this?
14.....why is the mana regenration limited to use of mana crystals? the mana originally regenerated even without the use of crystals. if you say that now the spells of Kyrus are from gods or something like that then why is the mana of the followers is also by the crystals only? to maintain balance of game?
15.....the mana or the mana regeneration doesn't change with the intelligence. doesn't it? by doing this you just made intelligence a useless attribute for the campaign.
16.....esc for the commands doesn't work.
17.....the dialogue of "warrior of Hades" is too fast at the place after the stone of divine rejuvenation.
18.....if i load the game after destroying the stone of divine rejuvenation and before fighting Dorsa the stone reappears there.i cannot destroy it or select it but i can see it.
19.....from wherever i walk to Dorsa the 5 of us always appear to be in a straight line without arranging ourselves.
20.....the message of Hades after i have once defeated Dorsa goes a bit too long.
21.....You should place a hint about Dorsa silencing otherwise he just silences and kills all of the people. i was killed 2 times and i had given up the boss thinking he has been made a bit too strong for me to defeat.

ADDED AFTER EDITING
1......the cinematic should be made skippable.
2......the dialogues of king Cercops are too fast.
3......whenever i am teleported from one place to another, like when i enter a portal, then there are no spell effects. it just makes the whole thing seem dry.
4......use better terrain at the place where i reach after entering the portal which opens up inside Athens. It is a road around which trees have been planted in a totally regular order. this idea is very old. change it if you can.
5......the dialogue of charos (the summoner) are a bit fast.
6......the place where this summoner is too easy. the monsters here are easy according to my level here. these monsters had appeared to be stronger earlier but now these are appearing to be quite weak. they can sometimes take my Hp a bit down but only 1 or 2 times till i reach the summoner. I even don't need to use the stone of divine rejuvenation at this point as my mana was nearly full.
7......during the battle with the summoner the thing that bothered me was the large number of monsters around the portals. this posed a problem on attacking with my abilities on the abominations. the boss appears to be boring.
8......the terrain in the whole of the campaign is not good. need big improvements.
9......you use the same model for Zeus and the general(the one whom i met in Athens outskirts, who told me to that they will be able to hold the place and i should move towards the King)
10.....when Hades comes in the first cinematic of the campaign there is a time lag there.

ADDED AFTER EDITING2
Just a little bit advice for the improvement of this campaign.
1.......In your campaign i noticed that everywhere there were a large number of monsters present. This created a state of confusion sometimes, for me at least, as i wasn't able to find out exactly where the 5 of us were present exactly. In a war situation map quantity of monsters matters but instead if you had placed some strong monsters along with some weak monsters then the map would have been better. Placing a large number of monsters created a problem in their movements also, as you might have noticed too.
2.......Just placing paths nearly straight and a bit of roads does create a map but that will not create a good impression and it will look a little awkward to be a city. Notice that there were no gardens, or any major building placed in the city. Wherever i started to play there always was the same white circular place. A bit too repetitive i would say.
3.......place variety of monsters. From starting till the summoner (i had not played further yet) there were Skeletons, abominations and ghouls. There are a lot of other undead creatures too present in myth also, i believe.

Last edited: