• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Goblinia ORPG!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11

GOBLINIA ORPG!!!

Goblinia ORPG will be ORPG map like the map name says.You will start like Goblin or Human vs Titan or Demon.There will be quest givers and also a Bossfight and Battlegrounds.

Every war has a beginning and always has an end.
Ever since the humans & orcs were compelled into bloody battles against each other for the sake of protecting
their lands which eventually came to a halt due to an endless & meaningless death of their kin thus a alliance
was formed. After a long peaceful period of settling an expidition was held for the human & orc agriculturists
to explore new lands and expand their resources so they travelled over the ocean by ships and found a distant
island where the soils are rich & trees are seemingly abundant thus settling down and setting up camps for
further research about this tropical island.
After a few day of exploration they found a city of short green-skinned creatures known as the "Goblins".
The human & orc agriculturists were greeted with kindness to their home thus forming a new alliance with
the goblins. In the mean time of exploring the goblins found an ancient city beneath the surface of their city
but they were too afraid to explore it themselves therefore inviting the agriculturists to research about the city.
Deep beneath the surface they had never imagined a city like this could be real but something went wrong
after one of the diggers woke the ancient guardian. The ancients started defending their city which drove the
explorers out & a new war has begun.

Green - means done
Red - means need to be done
Yellow - means now we are working on it!
Advanced Equipment system
Bank System
Capture Point System ( For Battlegrounds)
Custom Duel System
Damage System
MultiLanguage System
Quest System
Save/LOAD
rank system
Talent System
Death System
-AFTER TERRAIN IS DONE WE WILL CONTINUE WITH THEESE:
Attachment System
Battlegrounds
Bosses
LEVEL CAP 90

Fishing
Alchemy
Mining
Blacksmithing
Herbalism

TEAM
Foronisus - Terrainer/Coder/2d Artist
newbchu - Story/Balancer/Idea
Needed for Team
3d Modeler
Progress
Terrain = 5/100 %
Systems = 80/100%
Spells = 0/100%
Creeps = 0/100%
Bosses = 0/100%

Last edited:
Level 17
It doesn't sound bad but you could have worked more harder on it before presenting your work.
:3

Screenshots and whatnot would have been nice.

Level 11
Always fun to see more goblin related maps. I'm currently making one myself. However, mine is goblin and only goblin. Because goblins are awesome.
So, it's like a regular ORPG? What makes this ORPG stand out in comparison with the millions of other ORPGs? ;D

Cool Attachable items,Epic Boss fight,Epic Systems,Epic Gameplay,Epic Story.... You will need to play the game to find out more ;)

UPDATE: I've done the Rank System...

Last edited:
Level 26
Suggestion for presenting a Rpg/oRpg/Adventure:

Create a slide show of subtitled pictures that show you travelling through the first steps of the game, demonstrating the gameplay, main line, hinting side features only where it is fitting, making your path up to the first boss to finalize in epicness and hooking the player how it continues. As an ending, you can still flash through various additional contents that enhance the scope.

Throwing random systems that one cannot know what they are and how they fit into the game does not help and were stated a thousand times before in other rpg threads.

Yeah, do not make the story an excuse but a corner stone of your world that other features use as a base and portray that. Just naming your systems without proper explanation tells me nothing nor how they benefit your world.

Level 26
Yeah, do not make the story an excuse but a corner stone of your world that other features use as a base and portray that. Just naming your systems without proper explanation tells me nothing nor how they benefit your world.

Requests: Show purpose of features and their integrity (that they fit together in your project).

At this, you answered:

just wait for the screenshots... im waiting for the terrainer... ill make video how systems works ;)

how systems works does not cover my requests/was not sure if you implied it, so I repeated myself again to be sure:

Not only how they work but what they are for. And make sure to implement some foreword or so to display your trains of thought for this project and ensure that it is not only at a sudden whim getting cancelled after a week.

Another request: Write a foreword to display your motivation and thoughts.

you know im waiting the terrainer when he gave me screenshots than i will post them so i can make just System explanation and how they work nothing more :(

i can make just System explanation and how they work nothing more :( still does not cover my requests or you meant by nothing more that you do not want to fulfill them. So I start another approach and expand the aspects of necessity why these requests are vital:

Not showing the purpose/cohesive content strenghtens my belief that the creators throw in senceless stuff, have no concept/put no thought into their work and maybe even just copy whole systems and designs they have seen somewhere. Please convince me of the contrary.

Level 26
Example for a foreword: I have always dreamt of building my own oRpg, seeing how others went and when playing them, I got a satisfying feeling of freedom and took a role in these lands of unknown fantasies and mysteries. Now five years ago, I got in touch with Wc3 and started mapmaking. The goblins are an interesting race I would like to tell a story of and elaborate. So I decided to launch this project two months ago and first dug into concepts. The player shall experience the typical bash action when facing monstrous evil but also a treasure of widespreading quests that display the whole epicness of this world that I have in my mind. Since this is such a huge project I am going to confront, I searched for aid and got myself a trustworthy 3d artist for coming up with dovetailed models. We expect this project to at least take a year of harsh effort but also will make sure to have our times of fun while developing. If you want a share of our joy, why not considering an application? We are still looking out for a motivated landscaper (see in the screenshot section below for style references).

Example for explaining the purpose of a feature: Goblins are devoid of physical strength due to their small bodies. That's why they rather stick to trickery like laying traps in combat and avoid open fights. So they turn out with these abilities...

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

I'd suggest waiting until you have a decent amount of info (as WaterKnight has said before) before posting a thread. Other than that from what info was up there, the only thing I can figure out that makes any sense at all is that your making an ORPG about Goblins. I have no idea why your including Titans, Demons, and Humans as playable races when obviously as far as I can tell this ORPG is about Goblins.

Level 11
yea its about the Goblin land but you have to choose if you play Human/orc/Goblins you will save Goblinia and if you play Titans/Demons you will destroy it i mean if you kill the King or High Council i will see ;)... I will make System prezentation so you will know how all systems will work and after 20% of the terrain is finish ill post screenshots ;)

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Because the main theme of the ORPG is Goblins why don't you make the good and bad guys all Goblins, it would make a lot more sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.