• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Goblin Rocketeer

This bundle is marked as high quality. It exceeds standards and is highly desirable.
One more goblin model as I had to test out an idea.
I wondered if the cluster rocket missle of the Tinker ability could be used as a base to create a unit.
And this is the result!

Update 26.06.2023: Fixed Death Sound Event Objects and added an Explosion to the regular Death Animation. Also properly reassigned the chair to the rocket bind.
Contents

Goblin Rocketeer Icon (Icon)

Goblin Rocketeer Portrait (Model)

Goblin Rocketeer V2 (Model)

Reviews
Mr Ogre man
Great model. Having solved its issues, it's fit to be considered High Quality.
Level 5
Though this model is awesome, some kind of warplane would have been more relevant since a rocket cannot stand still. This one, on the other hand, would correspond more to a model for a missile.

Level 12
Works like a charm, looks great, fits the lore, and the rocket is pointy. Admiral Aladeen would approve.

Bonus kudos for also giving him a regular attack animation instead of just the kaboom.

The model is great and works almost optimally, but there's a couple of issues with this model:

-Death sounds aren't properly added. You'll have to manually add the proper keyframe in the .mdl.
-The chair isn't properly reassigned to rocket_bind, and so it's wonky in several animations (especially in Death anim).

The model is great and works almost optimally, but there's a couple of issues with this model:

-Death sounds aren't properly added. You'll have to manually add the proper keyframe in the .mdl.
-The chair isn't properly reassigned to rocket_bind, and so it's wonky in several animations (especially in Death anim).
Updated the model accordingly

Level 36
Wow. I am amazed by this custom work. Damn it's really great.
I would have to ask did you made this only using RMS (for animations) ?
The work must have been crazy. I had to check him with 10% speed to actually see some movement irregularities which are still small and impossible to see otherwise. A great model. Good design. Great execution!

Wow. I am amazed by this custom work. Damn it's really great.
I would have to ask did you made this only using RMS (for animations) ?
The work must have been crazy. I had to check him with 10% speed to actually see some movement irregularities which are still small and impossible to see otherwise. A great model. Good design. Great execution!
Yeah, animations were done all in TRMS. For the movement of the rocket I used the animations of the Cluster Rocket missle from reforged AND classic as a base.