• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gmax>Neodex 2.5>yagg>import in map>Problem help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Umm i used gmax as my editing program and i have edited an abomonition,removed the axes from his arms,next i used neodex 2.5 as exporting script,then used yagg to turn it into mdl format,then used Mago's wc3 model editor and turned it into MDX format,next i opened WE,importer,i imported saved map and the next thing i see is the abomonition edited no axes but hes all white,no skin on him its like it was ripped from him,but i didint,also no anims.
What happened?
Please help.
Giving rep for this as long as i can :goblin_cry: damn i hate this :goblin_cry:

Yes.

Which importer did you use to get the abomination model into GMax?

It looks like the materials were messed up (original abomination model has 4 materials, yours has 1 global one), the texture was detached, and the animations were removed. Some importers can handle animations and others might not.

There are ways to fix this (e.g. you can use Oinkerwinkle's animation transfer to get animations working since the bones look like they were preserved, and you can import the texture for the abomination and use it, recreate the materials, etc.) but there is probably an easier way. I don't have the knowhow for it since I haven't dealt much with GMax importing and exporting.

I am going to move this to the modeling and animation forum so it will get some more attention from people who can help you.

Level 9
alright thank you
i used impexpmdx importer/exporter,i just used the importer since the export didint work so i used Neodex as you already know.
so much work for a simple begining test model,alright thanks again ill try.
Btw how do you attach textures? i dont know how :/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.