• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Yes you can! Making nice animations on GMAX with NeoDex 2 & IK!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So while I was developing NeoDex 2. i did my best to make sure GMAX could use it's full potential for making wc3 models. The end results were quite astonishing. I was even able to set up IK correctly and reanimate the male villager within 3 hours, including setting up IK, Skinning and animating. (conversion and the rest took about 2 hours more). Gmax has quite a lot of potential for people wanting to use free tools for wc3 modeling.

Here's the attack Animation on gmax after IK conversion (note it looks a bit cut, because i used a recording program):

attachment.php

Here's a test on the simple IK system I setted up:
attachment.php

And the IK system:
attachment.php

If you want to get the samples, mdx files and NeoDex 2 go to this link and download gmax Samples: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...neodex-78b-mdl-kit-3dsmax-6-2010-gmax-115767/

Note: The mdl file had zero edits after exporting, only converted directly to mdx.

Note 2: Only NeoDex Tools were used for producing this sample. Tools used: NeoDex 2 Exporter, NeoDex Object settings, NeoDex Ik/Fk Snapper and NeoDex Animation Helper

Attachments

• Attack Animation.gif
    Attack Animation.gif
    299.6 KB · Views: 1,537
  • Ik Test.gif
    Ik Test.gif
    704.4 KB · Views: 1,078
  • IK GMAX.jpg
    IK GMAX.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 2,196
  • Fighting Villager Hero.mdx
    54 KB · Views: 123