• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Glitchy Textures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hey guys, I downloaded this model and it came with 3 different skin textures. Only 1 of the textures works on the model. If I try the other two the model just comes up black. But when I open the skins on the model in model editor the skins show up just fine. They just won't show up ingame and I continue to get black models with no color, i've been trying to fix it for quite a while, though i'm thinking it could be the skins, corrupted or broken, but if they are i can't understand why they would show up in the model editor and not ingame. Anyhow, if anyone could give me some suggestions, maybe there's some way I can fix the skins, something the person who uploaded them didn't do correctly, though i've checked all their properties and tampered with the model's skin paths using notepad etc, but nothing has seemed to work.:ned:

Thanks

Level 6
Black skins means that it's corrupted or file is missing

thanks, thought that might be the case. Is it corrupted or missing even if it still shows up in the model editor?
+ rep to both of you

It seems that the files should be redownloaded. Black skins rarely appear on models. You will most likely see a squared block in the place of the model or a totally invisible model with floating player color texture around (if the model supports player-color texture). So, your model might be borrowing the Black32.blp texture to cover the whole model (if it uses it already), since the texture itself is not valid.
Open Warcraft III Viewer and go to Current File -> Show used texture names... Then, check for the blp file name that matches the first of the 3 skins. Whatever skin you are going to use, rename it to fit the name of the shared skin (e.g. GoldHood.blp) and import it to the path listed.

Level 6
Originally posted by Pharoh_
It seems that the files should be redownloaded. Black skins rarely appear on models. You will most likely see a squared block in the place of the model or a totally invisible model with floating player color texture around (if the model supports player-color texture). So, your model might be borrowing the Black32.blp texture to cover the whole model (if it uses it already), since the texture itself is not valid.
Open Warcraft III Viewer and go to Current File -> Show used texture names... Then, check for the blp file name that matches the first of the 3 skins. Whatever skin you are going to use, rename it to fit the name of the shared skin (e.g. GoldHood.blp) and import it to the path listed.

Thanks Pharoh_, but that had already occured to me and I had downloaded it multiple times before hand, I did check the skin paths too and changed them many times in note pad etc, but wasn't getting results. Tried some other methods which weren't very effective either, like opening a brand new map and only importing one of the models. Anyhow, I found a solution. I just took the working skin and created a copy of it and then deleted the art work of the skin and copy and pasted the non-working ones onto that skin, that worked perfectly.

Still + rep, I always appreciate help.

Status
Not open for further replies.