• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Import] Imported models appearing as white

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello, I'm fairly new to using Wedit & War3 Model Editor V1.07 i'm not having much luck with getting textures to appear on models despite them showing up in Model editor fully textured but milky white when placed ingame. I don't see any way to manually add the textures once they are imported nor have i seen any guides about this topic that are still relevant. It seems Reforged made a lotta the old techniques irrelevant. I'm trying to get into editing to help a buddy out on his map he has so far been hiring people to do modeling (Importing & Setup) for him but i enjoy his map and wouldn't mind doing the work to help add further characters to the game.

If anyone has any tools they'd like to share or guides i'd very much appreciate them!
I've been trying to self teach for the last week now but it feels like all i'm doing is bashing my head against the wall here been trying to get the Goku Black skin off Chaos Realms working and the Bakugo one as they seemed like they'd be easier to learn off of but apparently not.

I can get non custom asset skins working just fine i'm just struggling with getting custom assets to function (Textures) I've tried removing the /Warcraft3Imported part from the name once they have been added as was suggested in the past for other users having the same issue but it is not changing anything. The Model & Animations will play but texture seems to refuse functioning in .blp format & the model editor won't let me change the file format.

Just for context it is an anime map and anime models are notoriously harder to get into a functional condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.