• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gideon - Wrath of the Old Ones II

Gideon: Wrath of The Old Ones - Chapter Two

The Story
The second chapter of the "Gideon" series. Arthur Lightbron, warrior of Blister Canyon, has arrived on the shores of Vargulf, the home capital of the Worgen race in the world of Angora. Vargulf is a nation locked in civil war. One faction, The Vargulf Liberation Front, an army of former citizens of Vargulf who were transformed into the horrifying Worgen, and the Remnants, an army of sentient undead who seek vengeance against those who let their city fall and cursed them to undeath. The Peacekeeps, an international organization dedicated to resolving conflicts, has place the city ruins under martial law until the way ends. Meanwhile, the evil Magnus Gideon has aligned with an army of Eldritch horrors and a race of strange viking creatures known as "The Vrykul" to take complete control of the city ruins. Now, to put a stop to Gideon's madness, Arthur must choose a side in this three-way conflict and end the war between the factions.

This map is the sequel to "Gideon - Wrath of the Old Ones." You should probably play that before you give this a try. But be sure to play this afterwards, 'cause IMBO (in my biased opinion) it's a real hoot.

Features
- Faction-based Choices: Fight for either the cunning Undead army known as "The Remnants" or the ferocious Worgen army known as "The Vargulf Liberation Front."
- Bonus Heroes: Each faction you join has one special bonus hero. If you search carefully, there are also two secret bonus heroes you can get to join your army.
- Intense RPG Combat: Battle your way through a cavalcade of enemies gauntlet-style through a ruined and decrepit city.
- New Enemies: Beware the wrath of the murderous Vrykul! These warriors of the frozen north fight like nothing you've ever faced before.
- More Boss Battles: Fight some of the most challenging and captivating bosses in the series yet. Can you survive the wrath of the three might Vrykul heroes?
- New Gameplay Features: Death is no longer quite so permanent. Find the powerful resurrection stone and bring your character back to life after he falls.
- Mercenary Armies: You won't be battling alone this time! Enlist the help of a legion of might mercenaries of vast variety and complexity.

Credits:

Executive producer, associate producer and regular producer:
Homor

Models:
Abomination Overlord - SuPa-
Abomination Doodads - Hawkwing
Arcane Guardian - AndrewOverload519
Arch Necromancer - Kitabatake
DENecro - darklord_avalon
Baron Darkclaw - Proxy
Crate - Debode
Death Guard - Cavman
Deep One - PyramidHe@d
Goblin Gunner - Tiberius_XXVII
Goblin Merchant - Iron_Ian
Goblin Adventurer - Debode
Ghoul Lord - MC !
Gnoll Slicer - Kimbo
Gnoll Units - Mephestrial
Marrowmancer - -Grendel
Orbs - Frankster
Worgen town hall - Sellenisko
Worgen/Forsaken buildings - Ujimasa Hojo
Worgen units - Cavman and Sellenisko
Vrykul modles - Sellenisko
Voodoo Hunter - Frankster

Icons:
Breastplates - NFWar, JollyD
Mindflayer - lelyanra
GodsSword - PrinceOfFame
Helmet icons - NFWar
Icesword - enjoy
Holy Sword - Golden-Drake

If you made a model that shows up in this map and I forgot to credit you please tell me so I can fix it. Everyone else, enjoy.

Keywords:
RPG, Adventure, Gideon, Warcraft, Fantasy, Original, Worgen
Contents

Gideon - Wrath of the Old Ones II (Map)

Reviews
10:07, 23rd Apr 2014 Orcnet: Map approved.
Level 18
I worked on the description a bit, but it's certainly not finished yet. Right now I'm trying to focus on overhauling the first chapter. After that, I'll fix the description on this one up a little better.

Level 5
Really liked the continuation. I decided not to review this because I can't say anything I didn't say on the first part already except that it's bigger and that you expanded on the things that were good and made them excellent

What it lacks and therefore could get less recognition:

Pretty repetetive after a while. Main problem of many dungeon crawlers.

You seem to have copy/pasted enemygroups in every area. Makes for very nice to watch army fights but some people might call you out for being lazy that way and it also doesn't help with the repetetive nature. You actually could put a little more variaty in the way the enemies are arranged. I personally don't mind, like the symethrical fights.

Nicer Music.

One minor bug:
I met the fearsome necromancer from the first part and got a quest, when I was about to step out of his room I then first clicked on the abomination standing in front of the door. I don't know if that is connected but I finished the quest, but never had the quest. I had an accomplished "unknown quest".

I liked the skins, the story, the quests, the items, the fights, the challenge.

Nice replay value due to the 3 choices of 3rd characters. I took the undead one summoning vast armies again. I had like 200 units standing all around the dungeon, usualy revived ones, some brainwashed ones. I also bought some units. I never used them, played this heroes-only until the very last fight where I had fun sending all my minions towards the enemy at once.

Wondering how it may end.

See you around

Krolan
The Twisted

P.s.: In terms of voting, I vote for Why the hell is this not already approved

Level 2
some trick that i made. If you got that book with random spells it does have charm right? if you see a Vrykull Thrall with a watch tower on it try to charm it and let it run away and let him build anything you want, ALSO you can get a extra hero~ :D

Level 9
lol nice but that's not needed when you choose the undead guy and the huge army I had.

I only played as undead, not worgen or the neutrals.

I played the previous map too, and I prefered it because it was shorter and a little bit harder (but still easy).

Level 18
some trick that i made. If you got that book with random spells it does have charm right? if you see a Vrykull Thrall with a watch tower on it try to charm it and let it run away and let him build anything you want, ALSO you can get a extra hero~ :D

My goodness, that's embarrassing. I'll have to fix that later.

I'm also clearly gonna have to nerf some of the allied heroes' powers.

Deleted member 237964

D

Deleted member 237964

I always wanted to write review for this map but i never got time for it.I guess it's time to fix that mistake and do what should been done long time ago,lucky i won't have to write too much because there simply isn't much to say about this one.It's pretty simple map.Easy and fun to play.Not a masterpiece but it's worth checking out,just like the other maps from Giden series.Easy gameplay,some custom missions to have fun with and if someone likes playing same map over and over again he probably will do it,just to check out what other hero have to say,i admit....characters and their dialogue deserve a huge + to me.I've liked well written characters with personality and background.

I would like to ask a question in case that i've missed something.Is this possible to have Peacekeeepers Ambassador at your side? I choose peace keepers and Ambassador didn't join me at all.Did i screw something up?

And now some bug report.Not sure if this map still got any attention but i don't see reason why it shouldn't be repaired.Less bugs = More fun.

-The abomination guarding gates to Doctor lab repeats same quote over and over again,everytime i click on him.
-Cambria supply crate dosen't seem to dissapear and his optional quest dosen't even seem to be showing up in quest log.
-Just like Abomination Cambria repeats same quote over and over again.I clicked on him ten times out of curiosity and he spawned 10 abominations for me.I could probably have million of time if i clicked over and over again.I simply ignored that not to ruin from playing this map. (This bug appears only if you complete a quest for him.)
-CHARM SPELL! in Rutgven spell book.I used it on Acolyte in peacekeepers camp,then at peasant in worgen village and Vrykul worker.In less than ten minutes i could spawn army of Death knights,paladins and Far seers.Just replace this spell with something else.Or...remove build option from workers.
-Gnolls..-sigh- Why do they stay at the prison? Just make them return back to the camp.
-Goblin storage room.Turn it into a side quest and give a hint,warning player about not clicking on the crates.I think that a bit of randomness wouldn't hurt.
-Vrykuls in the prison.Why would they try to kill someone who freed them from their cell? Those are just three warriors.Turn them into allies instead of enemies.

Solid 3/5 from me.Too bad that we had to kill all the Vrykul champions and that there is no other way but other than this? I love this map just like entire Gideon series.

Level 18
To answer the first question: no, you didn't do anything wrong. The Ambassador doesn't come to help you. I had plans for the Peacekeepers to come in and help you at the end but it got scrapped. The Peacekeeper ending is the neutral end and the "canon" one.

I'll give this map a little once over sometime and clean it up a bit. Probably not for a while but who knows?

Deleted member 237964

D

Deleted member 237964

To answer the first question: no, you didn't do anything wrong. The Ambassador doesn't come to help you. I had plans for the Peacekeepers to come in and help you at the end but it got scrapped. The Peacekeeper ending is the neutral end and the "canon" one.

I'll give this map a little once over sometime and clean it up a bit. Probably not for a while but who knows?

I see.Well,good to know.At least i know which one is canon.That's something.

Overall it's not a bad map.Like i said,bugs didn't stop me from having fun while playing it.In other words,keep doing great work.

Level 3
I played it and it was really fun! Though I Have to Admit that Arthas is near unkillable, as he reduces damage so much that when i put him in the bossfight he nearly killed all the opponents by himself with some help from the voodoo hunter.

I just realized this map has not recieved any other replies for 5 Years.