• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Giant Demon or "Risen Fatass"

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Big clumsy demon with a sword and shield. A bit boring, but i hope it may be useful. Just another big fatass demon model.)

Update: added particle emitters (with RetroSexual help) and event objects, like footprints and death sound. Attack and spell slam animations improved.

If you need a teamcolour or hero glow, or something else, just change this model as you wish.)

Keywords:
Demon, Clumsy, Evil, Hell, Horn, Truespin, Fishbrain, Fatass, Risen, Undead.
Contents

Giant Demon or "Risen Fatass" (Model)

Reviews
10:37, 17th May 2012 Frankster: Interesting idea, but the execution is quite lacking. - The animations are all too slow. Speed them up. How you do it is your concern. - If you use a Decay Flesh animation them you also need a Decay Bone too. -...

M

10:37, 17th May 2012
Frankster:

Interesting idea, but the execution is quite lacking.
- The animations are all too slow. Speed them up. How you do it is your concern.
- If you use a Decay Flesh animation them you also need a Decay Bone too.
- Use more event object. You should have them for creating footprints and stuff.

===================================================

Edit by Kwaliti: The attack animations could really use some more swing. Looks like he barely even wants to swing that sword. You're still missing a decay bone animation.

Level 21
He has blubber of the pit!!! Get it, because hes fat...LOL...
Ok beyond that lame joke I think it looks alright.

Level 16
Well, you really do have to improve the animations:
-he should be running in the walk anim
-he should have a dissipate anim
-the anims are too slow, and not really smooth in general. You should spend some more time on the anims and your models will be great.

Well yea, I like the model itself, it's could possibly be a great hero model if you improved the animations.

Well, you really do have to improve the animations:
-he should be running in the walk anim
-he should have a dissipate anim
-the anims are too slow, and not really smooth in general. You should spend some more time on the anims and your models will be great.

Well yea, I like the model itself, it's could possibly be a great hero model if you improved the animations.
lol, how should someone who is that fat actually run? :wink:
srry jokes aside: yes the anims (especially Walk, Attack 1, Attack 2 and Spell Slam) should be way faster. :vw_sad: He actually doesn't need a dissipate, but rather a ''Decay Bone'' anim and a gutz geoset. Also, he needs a lot of event onjects more (like deathsound, blood effects, footprints, etc.). If you'd switch the equipment hands (i.e. he holds the weapon in the left hand), it could perfectly fit using the OneHeadedOgre's anims. :wink: anyways, it's a very creative model all in all, i like the idea behind it :thumbs_up:

the stand animations are too quick and thus look jerky, he's a fat-ass, so, he should be having slower idle animations :p

on the other hand, the attacks are terribly sluggish, and they should be quick, we don't need a dead fat-ass

EDIT: spell slam.. I'd recommend a quick spin on one leg for those slashes, instead of that wobbly turn. dat fat-ass should be using the morbid weight to give a better critical

Level 20
Reminded me about Hecarim from League of Legends )
what are you talking about? this guy is nothing like Hecarim, hecarim has 4 legs, this guy has 2, hecarim has a spear as weapon, this guy has a sword, hecarim has no shield, this guy has a shield, copy of Hecarim right?

ontopic:
the model is pretty good and the animations are perfect gj!! 5/5 :thumbs_up:
why ppl say that the animations should be slower?o.o

Level 34
he's a unit, not a hero :eekani: Nevertheless, he could rly need the changes i suggested previously, other wise he's very likely to get rejected from the mod :vw_sad:

Meh, it's still better then most cheap edits, rated 3 here.. Don't see any reasons for this to be rejected..

E: if moderators wanted truespin to improve it, they could give it lower rating and increase when hes done with it..

Level 6
If I want him to walk and did not to run, then It should be rejected? I am the author of the model and i have a right to my own vision of my work slightly more than anybody - else.)
If you want to change something according to your needs, you may edit this model whatever you want without any permission.

p.s.
Sorry if my english is too bad, and too hard to understand.

If I want him to walk and did not to run, then It should be rejected? I am the author of the model and i have a right to my own vision of my work slightly more than anybody - else.)
If you want to change something according to your needs, you may edit this model whatever you want without any permission.

p.s.
Sorry if my english is too bad, and too hard to understand.

You misinterpret our animation-improvement suggestions for demands.. anims are yours to make how you want.. ours is to suggest how to improve

Level 16

So if it's your model we can't suggest changes that might improve the model? Cool, I didn't know about this. I think we shouldn't be able to comment on submissions as it appears to be pointless because of that.

Br0

Br0

Level 4
Guys leave him alone, he wants it the way it is, and I think its perfect as it is. Your suggestions are more turning into demands the more times you say it, it doesn't sound like your trying to help anymore.

Level 16
Guys leave him alone, he wants it the way it is, and I think its perfect as it is. Your suggestions are more turning into demands the more times you say it, it doesn't sound like your trying to help anymore.

I'm not repeating myself and making the same suggestions over and over because I demand the changes or I need the model with the changes that bad; I made a suggestion that was rejected and trying to understand why; saying "I won't change anything because I like it the way it looks like now and I have tunnel vision so I won't give a chance to any of your ideas" is as bad as repeating yourself.

Before submitting a resource you have to take into consideration the users and that everyone has their own opinion. You can make models for yourself according to your liking, but you should only submit something if you're ready to change it if necessary. I'm not the only one thinking the animations are slow, and a walking unit just does not fit into the world of WarCraft 3 (as all the units and heroes run, I don't really know about any exception) so it's not me trying to force you to do unpleasant changes.

I honestly don't care whether you change it or not as I don't have plans with the model, I was only trying to get you to make a few changes that COULD possibly increase the rating your work will get, and the quality of further models in advance. Testing something will never hurt as by backuping things properly you can always revert the changes.

^Drama queen:)

You can't call anyone "Drama queen" for using sarcasm; if you could, most of the e-net user and forumers would be called drama queens.

P.S: Oh, and I'm not offensive, nor do I want to disregard your work; I'm simply objective as in my opinion being a fan-boy won't help, but giving constructive critism.

he's going through the same thing any of us has gone through; either he improves to a solid level and be accepted by the fellow modelers, or... he goes his way and has a lot of models put on hold because he didn't want to just tweak them '~' i say the second one seems silly..

Br0

Br0

Level 4
You guys are just proving what I said is true, he likes it the way it is, and for once I think it is good without having to modify it to what you guys think. Goodluck Truespin, seems they won't let it be without sped up animations... I do know one thing, I will use your models as well give you credit for them so don't give up. =)

Frankly, i think being slow is not the biggest problem with those animations - i think they need to be a bit more exaggerated. The stroke should begin at a point higher or further behind him, his body should twist more through the motion, and when the blade lands it needs to travel further as if there was a lot of force behind it. The spell slam animation made me laugh; is he doing a little pirouette? As far as the rest goes though, i was positively impressed. Judging from the comments, i had expected some noobish robotic animations, but those look fluent enough. Good job.