• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ghost Eve and Relic (GEAR) RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
GEAR
Ghost Eve and Relic
GEAR.jpg

My name is Kenshin Nakamura. I come from the distant lands of Nokugama, which now stands in ruins. I’ve been wandering these several years, searching for the vengeful spirit who destroyed my home land and killed my loved ones. The vengeful spirit, a long haired grudge with horrifying eyes that neither beast nor man has the courage to stare at. She wanders at night, hungry for innocent souls, and her prey screams the loudest when she devours them while blood sear s out of their body. Fate rarely comes at a moment in time. As Kenshin Nakamura, the third line of the Soku ronin clan, vain has made me become relentless. Along with my other two companions, we hunt down this unmerciful spirit into the west.
Nikita Shogune, fierce and most viscous in our companion, has sworn to not rest until she eviscerate the soul of the vengeful spirit. As Kenshin Nakamura, the third line of the Soku ronin clan, I found her in a barn yard when the havoc happened. Until now, she has not known that her parents died saving her life from the scourge of the vengeful spirit. As a devout ronin, I trained her to protect herself and from time to time she developed her own mastery in the art of ritualism.

Kirumi Nouhime, wise and talented is the light in our companion. Fate has called upon us to meet in such rare times. She is the last of the royal Nokugama family who lead a small group of refugee to the west. All was lost when her refugee was ambushed by a brutal servant of the vengeful spirit, terrorized and massacred. As Kenshin Nakamura, the third line of the Soku ronin clan, I managed to rescue her from the havoc and convince her to join my cause for vengeance. Her power of the light and prayers has healed us many times throughout our journey. She mastered the art of spiritualism, thought long ago by her Samurai father, Hanzo Nokugama.

A ronin, ritualist, and spiritualist, in the hunt for a spirit, full of malice, torture, and evil, hell itself could not even bear its havoc. I, Kenshin Nakamura, the third line of the Soku ronin clan will stop for now. For the next pages of this horror, you are the writer.

DoOs_101, Scorpion182, Wherewolf, Valkemiere, Rizzuh.

GAMEPLAY

Ghost Eve and Relic (GEAR) is a role playing game with a discrete story line, playable for 6 players. Unlike other common role playing game, GEAR has an ending. Don’t be discouraged yet, to reach this ending will take a long journey ahead, we can even make an ending in one map to be continued at another edition.

The event triggering end is the death of vengeful spirit. The main quest for each player is to hunt down and send back the demon spirit into the underworld. However, the main quest is not as simple as it sounds. First, you cannot defeat the vengeful spirit with a low level character, even if you’ve a maxed character, it will be hard to defeat the vengeful spirit. Second, in order to access vengeful spirit, the each player must have the four relics that are required to unlock the vengeful spirit dungeon (this prevents one maxed player carrying the whole team; each player must have the four relics). To retrieve the four relics, each player must defeat the four vengeful servants. They lie in separate unknown locations on separate regions (there is a city, four regions, and a dungeon).

CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT

In order to develop a character, a player does not go to a region and farm creeps. This is boring and too common in many rpg. Instead, they will travel together as a party, decide which region to go, and can choose quests given by random quest givers. The quest is the key to developing a character by gaining experience, items, and skills. The quests will even give clues to the where about of the four vengeful servants (this will not be important when a player already knows where).

AI GHOSTS

The challenge is when a party goes out of the city into hostile regions. If you’re familiar with the game Left4Dead, the challenge will be very similar. On an interval between 30-60 seconds, an AI will choose the correct timing to spawn ghosts and surprise attack the party. There are different types of ghosts with different spells, the success of the party is determined by working together efficiently and knowing the types of ghosts (what they specifically do). These ghosts give little experience and sometimes drop minor relics (relics that can be traded for unique items such as weapons, clothing, and insignia). In the city there will be a relic trader and each relic will be provided with a description of what item it will be traded for. Relics can also be used to produce spells.

CHARACTER CLASS

Following the story description, there will be three class: Ronin, Ritualist, and Spiritualist. The Ronin is designed to tank and melee the enemy. The Ritualist is designed to cast damage spells. The Spiritualist is designed to support and protect friends.

ITEM AND SPELLS

The item system will be very simple. Six inventory max for each player. The items will be divided according to the three classes. Ronin items focus on weapons like Katanna, armor, and more. These items will give the ronin abilities, but if the items are removed, the abilities will also be removed. Ritualist and Spiritualist items focus on spell scrolls, potions, staff, and more. Spell scrolls will be used once and will give the player a spellbook ability that contains spells according to the spell scroll. To remove these abilities will only require the player to buy a tome of unlearning x, which will unlearn a spell according to its x position.

ss0.jpg

ss1.jpg

ss2.jpg

ss3.jpg

ss4.jpg

For more information about the project, visit the official GEAR project forum.

Last edited:
Level 3
Didn't notice this earlier...

Sounds awesome :eek: Really cool idea, and background story/characters/gameplay looks like something new, though it's not, it's wellmade, or at least, designed :)

Hopefully you can release demo or something soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.