1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Get Older Warcraft 3 Tools to Work

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Tutorials' started by 3rgytr54, Oct 9, 2008.

1. 3rgytr54

3rgytr54

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:

How To-

Get Older Warcraft 3 Tools to Work

tested on a 32 bit vista operating system

Have you ever gotten the error:

RICHTX32.OCX or one of it dependences missing or invalid?

or:

COMDLG32.OCX is missing?

Well, here is your solution!!

First open “Command Prompt” as an administrator : (right click on the icon)

[pimage=http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/attachments/f283/51426d1238971149-get-older-warcraft-3-tools-work-tutpic1.jpg]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/attachments/f283/51426d1238971149-get-older-warcraft-3-tools-work-tutpic1.jpg[/pimage]

Then it should look like this:

[pimage=http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/attachments/f283/51426d1238971149t-get-older-warcraft-3-tools-work-tutpic1.jpg
    ]http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh5/3rgytr54/warcraft/tutpic2.jpg[/pimage]

Now type “regsvr32 comdlg32.ocx /u” and hit enter, you should get the message below.
    (Replace the “comdlg32.ocx with what ever that crazy name of the .ocx you are having problems with.)

[pIMaGe=http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh5/3rgytr54/warcraft/tutpic3.jpg]http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh5/3rgytr54/warcraft/tutpic3.jpg[/pIMaGe]

Now type “regsvr32 comdlg32.ocx” and hit enter, you should get the message below.
    (Replace the “comdlg32.ocx with what ever that crazy name of the .ocx you are having problems with.)

[pIMaGe=http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh5/3rgytr54/warcraft/tutpic4.jpg]http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh5/3rgytr54/warcraft/tutpic4.jpg[/pIMaGe]

Okay, now older tools show work (i.e. Oinkerwinkle’s mdl tools).

BUT

:
    if you get

REGSVR32 error 0x80004005

Just type- “regsvr32 comdlg32.ocx” and hit enter, it should work now.

AND

:
    if it happens again try- “regsvr32 /u comdlg32.ocx”
    (I heard this works sometimes but I’m not sure)

~~3rgytr54~~

EDIT: 8/16/09: There is a link I was told about that might help if this didn't I haven't tried it so I cannot say honestly. http://www.oinkerwinkle.com/tools/tutorialrunprogram.html

I do not take any responsibility for making your personal computer not work in any shape or form.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
  2. 3rgytr54

3rgytr54

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    *bump*

How soon to tutorials get approved?

3. 3rgytr54

3rgytr54

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    ***bumped once more***

4. Kwah

Kwah

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    A very long time.

This has huge formatting issues. Centering everything is very annoying.

5. Artith

Artith

Resources:
    Resources:
    cant read it, fix the formatting

6. 3rgytr54

3rgytr54

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    my bad, something with my computer made it look funny to me.

7. 3rgytr54

3rgytr54

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    bi-monthly bump, deleted other bumps.

8. Traxamillion

Traxamillion

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hmm, pretty useful.

+rep

9. 3rgytr54

3rgytr54

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yeah I couldn't get onkerwikle's tools to work for me on vista until I replaced a few files and searched for days for tutorials until I pieced together some basic things into what I needed to get my computer into a "windows xp" for certain .ocx s that aren't used anymore. The only thing is... Will those people who say "IT wont worzkz!" actually have done it right... And thanks for the 4 rep

10. Linaze

Linaze

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This tutorial has been reviewed by Linaze, for any questions regarding the review, please contact me via a personal message or a visitor message, as I might not check this thread for a while.
    • This tutorial is very useful, as I have seen several threads where people are asking for help with the matter you explain how to resolve in this tutorial.
    • I detected few grammatical or spelling errors.
    • Except for what I mentioned above, the tutorial is relatively simple and easy for the reader to follow.
    • Rest of the formatting is good, colored text is cleverly used and not "abused" in any way.
    According to me, this tutorial has been rated as Useful due to it being overall useful for people who are experiencing problems with the matter this tutorial seeks to teach how to resolve, and the fact that the formatting and language used is good as well. I suggest this tutorial for Approved.

Update: Since the author updated the formatting of this tutorial, and because of a little mistake from my side, the above list has been updated.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2009
  11. Pyritie

Pyritie

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Mmm, approved then.

12. Zack1996

Zack1996

Resources:
    Models:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Oh, I think there's this other way to get stuff with missing COMDLG32.OCX to work.
    Linkie
    Courtesy of oinkerwinkle :)

13. Banjo

Banjo

Resources:
    Resources:
    i thinl i got a littel problem:gg: it wont give me access to C:/windows/system:gg:

can some body plz help me?:confused:

14. 3rgytr54

3rgytr54

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Banjo, are you on the administrator account/ know the password? If you are doing one of those two things and then follow every step it should work.

And Zack, I don't have the time to try it, but I have a feeling it might only work for 98/xp... I'll edit the link in though- thanks.

15. takakenji

takakenji

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    i got an issue, every time i put in regsvr32 comdlg32.ocx /u it says

"the module comdlg32.ocx may not be compatible with the version of windows you are running. Check if the module is compatible with an x86 (32 bit) or x64 (64 bit) version of regsvr32.exe"

what do i do? :(

16. Rookie_Stalker

Rookie_Stalker

Resources:
    Resources:
    If you still need aid with this issue, let me know and I can help you sort it out.

17. 3rgytr54

3rgytr54

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    OH, jeez, I didn't think of that! I'm on a 32 bit. It sounds like you are running 64 and I'm not sure how to go about it. I will mention that somewhere in the tutorial