• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

General Map Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
BnG_BnG.png

Please use:

This thread is for any other map related discussion, comments, and questions.

Last edited:
Level 19
Do you have any plans on disabling warcraft cheats on singleplayer?..

I would like to see to have it an AI....even though they are not competitive enough..
I'm sorry but you are saying solo Sword Saint difficulty on Boss Mode is not hard enough?o.o

I think nobody so far managed to beat it (saying you managed to do it proves nothing unless you provide a video as proof!)

Do you have any plans on disabling warcraft cheats on singleplayer?..
At the moment I do not see a pressing need to do that.
I would like to see to have it an AI....even though they are not competitive enough..
I am currently working on a new combat system (as described here).
This will allow the development of a more competent AI and may lead to including actual AI characters to the multiplayer gamemodes.

I'm sorry but you are saying solo Sword Saint difficulty on Boss Mode is not hard enough?o.o

I think nobody so far managed to beat it (saying you managed to do it proves nothing unless you provide a video as proof!)
I assume he is referring to the 1v1 competitiveness of the AI units, which is honestly not very impressive at the moment.
But as I said, future versions will most likely have more advanced AI.

Level 6
About the AI...........in your map it is not really a big problem...in my recent maps....i try to build basic AI first...then i improve it as the version improves....you can create AI easily because it is a hero arena..

Ok...i would like to say... Yes..there is a boss Mode...which is also fun to play...but it is more fun if you fight a Swordsman rather than a Boss...because you have the same abilities and you can test your skills on doing that...

And Kitabatake is an excellent map maker so i am sure making an AI is just an Easy One...

So AI..AI..AI..AI....

Ok...i would like to say... Yes..there is a boss Mode...which is also fun to play...but it is more fun if you fight a Swordsman rather than a Boss...because you have the same abilities and you can test your skills on doing that...

Yeah, I try to start implementing this into the map as soon as the combat systems are ready to support it (currently ~90% ready, still got some things to fix).

Level 6
oh...ok i wait....anyway also some suggestions..

How about putting the Mode Selection and Charater Customization in a screen?...not in an Item Inventory?....Because i like Click the Screen!...Just like Online RPG...character selection...it is better if you can implement it also....

Level 19
oh...ok i wait....anyway also some suggestions..

How about putting the Mode Selection and Charater Customization in a screen?...not in an Item Inventory?....Because i like Click the Screen!...Just like Online RPG...character selection...it is better if you can implement it also....
You should post that in the Suggestions & Ideas Thread :)

Level 14
This map is so cool!!!!!!
Reasons I like it:
1) Does not need to learn a lot of thing about spells, which one to choose or blah blah blah.
2) No in-game shops.
The one that plays better wins not the one that steals kills.
3)Fast paced.
You don't have to wait until you kill the enemy you just do some combat moves and blam!
4) No blah blah.(The most important in my opinion)
Just pick your sword and armor and start killing.
No story or blah blah cinematics etcetcetc.
5) Terrain, unit models etc are awsome.
Awsoem map!!!!!!!!!!

Level 19
This map is so cool!!!!!!
Reasons I like it:
1) Does not need to learn a lot of thing about spells, which one to choose or blah blah blah.
2) No in-game shops.
The one that plays better wins not the one that steals kills.
3)Fast paced.
You don't have to wait until you kill the enemy you just do some combat moves and blam!
4) No blah blah.(The most important in my opinion)
Just pick your sword and armor and start killing.
No story or blah blah cinematics etcetcetc.
5) Terrain, unit models etc are awsome.
Awsoem map!!!!!!!!!!
I agree with most of what you said but i disagree with "The one that plays better wins not the one that steals kills." that rule applies only if you are playing Team Deatchmatch.
In any other modes like FFA steal killing might actually give you the win.

Level 2
I just played this map about 20 minutes alone against creeps and frankly, I liked it a lot.
I'm not much of a online player, but I'll try to play it some day in the Garena channel.
By the way (and I know it is unpolite from me to do this), how does the cooldown UI works? I'd really love to know how to put the remaining seconds :D.
Thanks in advance, and keep the hard work!

I just played this map about 20 minutes alone against creeps and frankly, I liked it a lot.
I'm not much of a online player, but I'll try to play it some day in the Garena channel.
By the way (and I know it is unpolite from me to do this), how does the cooldown UI works? I'd really love to know how to put the remaining seconds :D.
Thanks in advance, and keep the hard work!

It doesn't display seconds, it displays percentage. It's a separate custom model that replaces the original warcraft III cooldown model.

Level 2
Yep, I realized that a few days ago, but is still a pretty cool model.
As for the project, pretty goddamn good! I found myself trying countless times to win boss mode alone in every difficulty level (didn't sleep 'cause of that lol).
Keep the hard work!

Level 30
Ok, Kita, I dont know that you have a thread like this so finally I can express my comment about this game. Firstly, your right this game is so easy to learn but hard to master due to how competitive this game is that pushes you forward to your limit. Second, the game is awesome due to that the player must react fast to everything when fighting enemies.... shielding, attacking and more...... Lastly, I like the thing that you can customize of the character's everything: Hair, Face and more....

Just a question about your upcoming AI to this, to what will the AI be implemented to? Is it for other Computer players or for enemies and Bosses?

Yep, I realized that a few days ago, but is still a pretty cool model.
As for the project, pretty goddamn good! I found myself trying countless times to win boss mode alone in every difficulty level (didn't sleep 'cause of that lol).
Keep the hard work!
Hah!
Yes, the boss mode can be quite difficult at times.

Ok, Kita, I dont know that you have a thread like this so finally I can express my comment about this game. Firstly, your right this game is so easy to learn but hard to master due to how competitive this game is that pushes you forward to your limit. Second, the game is awesome due to that the player must react fast to everything when fighting enemies.... shielding, attacking and more...... Lastly, I like the thing that you can customize of the character's everything: Hair, Face and more....
That's nice to hear!

Just a question about your upcoming AI to this, to what will the AI be implemented to? Is it for other Computer players or for enemies and Bosses?
Actually both to some degree.
I'll need to do tests on how complex I can make the AI without causing lag.
For example minor enemies will probably not scan their surroundings and "think" as much/often as AI player characters and bosses.

Also, one thing to know is that current game modes do not support computer controlled players in any way and it will take some major changes to accommodate this new feature.
This means it might take a bit of extra time and I'm not sure yet if the AI will be fully implemented into every game mode in the next map version.

Level 1
hey Kit, myself and my friends are really enjoying your map, so thank you. I was just wondering what resources you used for the ship level? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, thanks :)

Level 1
Hey i need some help im trying to download the spartan map and i really dont know where to put it, or how to do it... i put it in maps scenerios and others but it doesnt seem to be showing it.. please help

Hey i need some help im trying to download the spartan map and i really dont know where to put it, or how to do it... i put it in maps scenerios and others but it doesnt seem to be showing it.. please help

Why post it here man?

Just so you would gtfo... Put it in your Maps folder. It is where you installed Warcraft.

Status
Not open for further replies.