• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[General] Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
My motivation for that goes only as far as doing art.
That's okay, I've already decided to do all the coding right from the start. Arts are exactly just what I'm expecting.

Sorry about that Paillan, I have thought this idea considering the majority. Well, we do need other stuffs like music and sound-effects. If you want you can find or compose some? It could be fun. As for the art, we can just let someone good at drawing draw your characters. I'm pretty sure they won't mind.

Kari! For now, we need facial expression of characters as seen from the lower left, and backgrounds (Valentine Forest), like Mania's fortress and such.
I saw this. You're pretty darn good at coloring! It would be great if you could do some backgrounds! O.O

Mythic~! Of course. I'm an eye-candy guy. ^ ^
And my idea about the card texts, I can use the game-messages after all, I've done some experiments and it turned out to be okay-looking.
Will you be participating in this project by the way? I mean, you're part of the group too.

Cool-peon is busy huh... can't bother him with work if he can't even post in the RP thread. Come back soon cool-peon!

Backgrounds - 1024x512 [.tga]
Facial Exp - 128x128 (each) [.tga]

Level 14
I dunno, have you played a game with something like a VN theme before?

We need music for different scenarios and for setting the right atmosphere, I think.
Like for example: When a character dies, we play the "some_sad.mp3" (slow-tempo). When characters clash, we play "epic_battle.mp3" (fast, like rock music maybe). When Mania is plotting something evil, "mania_theme.mp3" (dark/mysterious).

Personally, I think something like this is passable as the Valentine Forest theme.

Level 19
I have for both.
Character dead -

Something about us - daft punk (intro is depressing as hell)

Don't cry - Poison (without lyrics)

beneath Norther

Nightfall - Norther

Soldier side - system (25 sec intro)

Show must go on - Queen (extended intro)

Player clash

Period - full metal alchemist brotherhood (intro)

Krig - Norther

Hollow - norther (only intro)

Look down - ???? (Only intro)

A fallen star - Norther (epic solo part)

Judas - mago de oz (intro)

made in heaven - Queen (intro)

Mania

Veridis quo - Daft punk (fits her perfectly, a part at least)

I think that is for now. I am gonna check my other music list to see if I find something.

Level 14
180110-albums6129-picture95082.png

Level 14
I'll stop the VN, no one seemed pumped-up for that. Sent the skeleton to Kari just in case.

The TCG; It'll probably end up just a rip-off of another game after all, we don't have enough man-power. I'll base the gameplay on Forbidden Memories (PS1).
I'm keeping my word, so you can expect the TCG to be completed at least. No reason to log-in anymore except for my work here.

Level 18
Good Lord, why use any of those pictures, they're plain terrible. No no no no.
The ones that are mine, I mean.

It took me pretty damn long to understand the anus thing, but yeah. I remembered it now. Heh.

Also I liked the VN idea. though I would've preferred the characters as sprites, but yes I know, WC III. But I still like it.

145260-albums2772-picture95187.png

Level 14
The texts will have pointless indentations then.
"<space> <space> <space> How you doin' Imadori?"
For some reason, that invisible box still takes space.

Applying sound effects, playing music, shaking camera (useful for earthquakes I guess), and changing expressions, are the only progress so far.
I'm having second thoughts if I should work on this or not. It's pointless to continue something if no one's enjoying it.

Level 19
I'm going to asume that your comment is pointed towards me, with good reason tho. I just didn't feel like writing in here, since I was behind schedule with the .. well everything, and had a bad conscience. You probably know that feeling - lot easier when you actually have something to show.

So, here goes the Christmas contest winners. Paillan secured a territory victory for team LoveLight, so every member on that side have been given a little rep by myself.
The actual terraining contest standings are as follows:
1st place: The Christmas Staircase by Mythic (+20 rep)
2nd place: Snowstrider Village by trolman (+15 rep)
3rd place: Santania by kari0003 (+10 rep)

Congratulations to the winners! Rewards should be on their way, hopefully before too long :)

Sorry for letting y'all down, I really hope to get around to make that damn RP'ing post before it's too late.

Oh, and those are some sweet ideas, Kyo-meister! Keep 'em going! :)

Level 14
Nope, cool-peon. Not like Card Shuffle. It's a WCIII custom map but, we do it 2D. So we pretty much need arts only... I thought would be for the best, maybe.

That NPC... no idea. I just painted something recolorable, so we like, change it's hue for different NPCs with the same face. Like Power Rangers! Or the Mortal Kombat ninjas!

What does cupid look like (in the RP)? Just a baby with angel wings? I'm searching through your albums cool-peon, and having trouble finding him.

Actually, should we even make the theme Valentine Forest? It will end in March right? I mean by the time we finish this project, Valentines' long over.

Level 19
I personally think Card Shuffle-kind of map would be the coolest, I got ideas for that. But you'll have to show me something before I can decide on the other idea :)

Oh, alrighty, so a placeholder? :)

Cupid sits here, in the middle with his wife Psyche. I disliked the idea of him being a little crybaby, so I took the freedom to change that. I got nothing of his front tho :l

Well, the goal is for the map to cover everything in the Kaelicious universe, right? Then Valentine Forest counts too ^^

BTW, I couldn't help it. I started a map project of my own too. Something completely else - after all, the more variety we got, the better :)

Level 19
Yeah, I didn't meant to introduce this map to the rest of you anyway. It's more of a Hollideus-map than a Kaelicious-map anyway. So yeah, sorry, it was stupid to speak of, forget it. I'll still be able to help out a little bit on Kyo's map with artwork and all that :)

Level 14
You don't need to help with arts then. But we'll ask for help with a different matter when time comes :D

222615-albums7875-picture95251.png

Is this acceptable acceptable enough cool-peon? (wip)

Just need to upload more icons to get icon makers/2D artists acknowledge me somehow. That'll increase the chances of getting help from them too... I hope this works well.

Level 14
Wow! looks great :) Leila, is it?

Technical stuff: Sorry that i didn't take part in the conversations. I only had time to check on the group once in a while over the last week. Its the last day of February, and no contest entries have been submitted, so i guess only Paillan gets points for team dominance.

As for the next month, it will be an usual free RPing month, I hope to finish the Valentine Quest plot soon. In traditions of the kind of more restricted Easter Games, i want to try something new for April. But I will see about that.

I really support this Visual novel concept. We can start with Valentine's Quest as a first chapter, or a Prologue about Mania's rise.

Status
Not open for further replies.