• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Real Life.

6 months w. GF this sunday/saturday and I have no money, which makes it harder to fix the fact that I recently stepped on my laptop and broke it which makes it harder to fix the fact that I have ever-growing piles of volunteer work from Elværket/musichouse and the youth culture project, which makes it harder to fix the fact that I have no job and goes to no school and is becoming a bum more and more for every day.

That is what I'm up to.

The hell are you guys' escuses not to do anything in the RP?

Level 14
I don't know, I have kind of took the "storyteller's" position lately, I need some players to interact with them. I won't go on my way to search for golden eggs, when I am the one who is giving them to players. And also, we need new guys to have this going.

Real Life.

6 months w. GF this sunday/saturday and I have no money, which makes it harder to fix the fact that I recently stepped on my laptop and broke it which makes it harder to fix the fact that I have ever-growing piles of volunteer work from Elværket/musichouse and the youth culture project, which makes it harder to fix the fact that I have no job and goes to no school and is becoming a bum more and more for every day.

That is what I'm up to.

The hell are you guys' escuses not to do anything in the RP?
You can do it!

Level 19
No one to blame, really - It's been fun while it lasted, anyway. I would say the Hive Workshop as a whole is going down, it's impossible to maintain a little group like this within a dying land. I guess things will go up for the Hive again if Blizz ever decide to make that long-awaited Warcraft IV - which then has to include a World Editor :)

Level 14
I agree with you, I think i have tried what common sense dictated, and it didn't help out. It is indeed impossible to revive the group in these conditions. We cant really integrate new members to our community here on hive.

I am hoping though, that you might be with me for one last ride. I think the world we created is one of the most colorful, and fantastic i have ever witnessed. It deserves some closure, and so do we. So along the summer I was hoping that we could finish the ongoing plots, if you agree. Mania, Bern, Dante's soul, the god of darkness - I think that they need some closure if possible.

So what I am offering, Is that without rush, and pressure make an awesome ending to the story we have been building up. Stick around for a bit more for doing that.

And even after that, this doesn't need to end. We could start fresh, at a more lively place, or continue with building the hollideus project -but that is another discussion...

Level 14
Yes, if we start anew, obviously we should try something different. But you must admit that holidays were a good reason for us to get something interesting going month by month. In my opinion if it wasn't for the holidays, the RP would have lasted a lot less.

Level 18
Well it got me a bit confused to be honest. As in, did Archimonde send Gul'dan to the Twisting Nether of their timeline, or ours? And since Maiev had taken Illidan's body away with the rest of the Illidari (which was so nicely infoed in TBC *cough*), where exactly did she take him, and if it was so that Gul'dan was sent to our timeline, how would the Legion leaders such as Kil'jaeden react to Gul'dan's return, I don't see it being "Oh, sup, ol' pal! You're here too? Now go and resurrect our mate Illidan so he can join the party too!".

And IF Gul'dan was sent to the Twisting Nether of their timeline, how could he suddenly appear into our world and all that.

Not to mention there being vrykul, harpies and whatsoever at the Broken Isles. And I'm not too excited for having us visit some damn Valhalla. But I guess that's fine.

Can't wait for the opening cinematic though. The only thing I'm actually excited for is to get some more Azshara, unless she refuses to leave her underwater fortress to make up another expansion, because why not.

I really hope Gul'dan dies in the Tomb of Sargeras. The irony.

- The Black Temple was merely a setback

Level 19
Illidan obviously got imprisoned there, by Maeiv.
Gul'dan obviously got to the real timeline - as the adventures in the past are stupid. And because Illidan is there.

But yeah it's a bit confusing - I guess we will have it all explained in the comics Blizzard have promised.

Vrykuls are ooooold and perfectly illustrates the ancient history connected to the isles. Valhalla's gonna be awesome!!
Harpies, ain't they just corrupted elves, like the rest of Azshara's minions?

And yeah, he'll probably find those runes he made himself - damn, I'm getting super excited to relive old Warcraft stories :D

- Which reminds me, have you heard about the Ratchet and Clank reboot movie/game that is on the way? :D

Level 18
I must say that I haven't. And I never complained about the harpies. And I am of course okay with them remaking the isles, but it's strange that Gul'dan didn't encounter them back when he was looking for the tomb.

But also you know, unless the existance of the Dark Portal that connected the timelines affected Archimonde's spell, I find it a bit strange as Gul'dan was cast through the very same Black Gate he created, thus, shouldn't it send him to the place Archimonde himself came from?

Inb4 a wrestling match; Sargeras vs. Sargeras

Level 14
I have joined a local roleplaying group and i intend to do some crazy adventures next semester. Its just different from this. Thats all about stats and dices, the kind we did here is better imo.
The Hungarian forum roleplaying site Thrillion.hu airs renewed in january, so i might take a look there too, and see if i can get some asses whooped with a badass character.

Roleplay is not dead, but the activity in this group is. I'm not saying that like a bad thing. Some things end. Its only nice that i can get back here now and then, and check out the discussions.

Status
Not open for further replies.