• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Game Cache Question

Level 19
I think the root issue with gamecaches was that you could only have a limited number of them per install despite different names. So when the limit was reached, it would break all new attempts to create another one? And if many people used them to store data, it'd reach the limit for most players and break??

I hadn't found any tutorials on gamecaches, if you are going to test them well, I welcome you to document your findings for jassdoc. Lep had only written basic descriptions so far.

Level 22
I think the root issue with gamecaches was that you could only have a limited number of them per install despite different names. So when the limit was reached, it would break all new attempts to create another one? And if many people used them to store data, it'd reach the limit for most players and break??

I hadn't found any tutorials on gamecaches, if you are going to test them well, I welcome you to document your findings for jassdoc. Lep had only written basic descriptions so far.
Thank you, it's nice material to explore. However in case of the single-player map - does use Game Cache possible or this feature is entirely designed for campaigns aka multi-map projects?

Level 18
I have a small question: if I work over a small single-player map, not a campaign - just a .w3x map, am I able to use Game Cache for storing data?
Or in my case, I may use only save and load systems?

Note that this is not a campaign, just one map.
Maybe this could help you? Maybe you could isolate the function that simply writes data to the local disc and get rid of all the encryption stuff.