• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Please help me.. I have problem with game cache..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 33
helo guys.. how's going? :D
I have problem about game cache.. here is the storyline..
I'm learning about creating a campaign map.. As example, I create a campaign with 2 levels in it.. when I save/store a string from the first level with action "Store string as a in category common in GameCache"and load it in the next level with action 'Game - Show message to player for 1 second' as example, and the message is "Load 'a' in category 'common' in the GameCache, it won't appears.. I have found the main problem.. the problem is when I store that string I don't save the Game Cache.. Every tuts that I've read say that u must save the game cache after storing a data.. But now the problem is.. I can't find the action that says "Game Cache - Save GameCache".. Please some one helpp me.. thanks a lot..

Some additional questions..
1.What's the function of
a. Preload Batch (Game category)
b. Begin preload in 0.5 second (Game category)
c. And "reload all game cache data from disk"(Game cache category).. Where do I must place this action.? and for what? s

2. How can I update my world editor to the latest version (1.26)?
Thnks

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 12
Create a new action, go to the category (action type) "Game Cache".
It is the second action in that list.

• Game Cache - Save cache

there are only options like these on game cache action

• Game Cache - Create a game cache from MapName.w3v
  • Game Cache - Store (Triggering unit) as <Empty String> of Category in (Last created game cache)
  • Game Cache - Store 0.00 as <Empty String> of Category in (Last created game cache)
  • Game Cache - Store 0 as <Empty String> of Category in (Last created game cache)
  • Game Cache - Store False as <Empty String> of Category in (Last created game cache)
  • Game Cache - Store <Empty String> as <Empty String> of Category in (Last created game cache)
  • Game Cache - Restore <Empty String> of Category from (Last created game cache) for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing 0.00
  • Game Cache - Restore <Empty String> of Category from (Last created game cache) for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing (Position of (Triggering unit))
  • Game Cache - Reload all game cache data from disk
  • Game Cache - Clear (Last created game cache)
  • Game Cache - Clear all labels of Category in (Last created game cache)

Level 28
there are only options like these on game cache action
Wait, you really don't have this action?
nPOG1.jpg

Edit: I checked both JNGP as well as with the normal editor, they both have this action.
If you really don't have it (weird), then you can use this line:
  • Custom script: call SaveGameCache( udg_CACHE_NAME )
Change "CACHE_NAME" with the name of your game cache.

Level 5
i cant remember where the preloading tutorial is but from what i remember
whenever you spawn a custom unit it takes a moment to load it into the ram so there is a bit of lag. To stop lag midgame you preload everything at the start so that is the only time there is lag. As for how the commands work ive never used them before but i believe that you save all your custom units in a cache (filename) then preload that cache and i guess reload all is just loading the variables otherwise theres no other way to call them.

to update without bnet the best i can suggest is the version switcher but im not sure if it comes with world edit update though

Status
Not open for further replies.