• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Game Cache Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
So I've read several guides on game caches trying to figure out what's going wrong with mine, but can't find the problem.

The current situation is this: Map 1 plays perfectly. Upon winning Map 1, Map 2 begins as it should. However, the hero I saved at the end of Map 1 is not loaded in Map 2.

Here's the trigger that runs at the end of Map 1:

• Ending
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Game Cache - Create a game cache from Espadanza 1- The Trial.w3x
      • Set GameCache = (Last created game cache)
      • Game Cache - Store Moonglow Mage 0281 <gen> as 1 of Heroes in GameCache
      • Game Cache - Store Moonglow Swordsage 0282 <gen> as 2 of Heroes in GameCache
      • Game Cache - Store War Mage 0298 <gen> as 3 of Heroes in GameCache
      • Game Cache - Save GameCache
      • Game - Set the next level to Espadanza 2- The Tempest.w3x
      • Game - Victory Player 10 (Light Blue) (Skip dialogs, Skip scores)
And here's the one that runs at the beginning of Map 2:

• Beginning
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Game - Show custom campaign button 2
      • Game Cache - Create a game cache from Espadanza 1- The Trial.w3x
      • Set GameCache = (Last created game cache)
      • Game Cache - Restore 1 of Heroes from GameCache for Player 10 (Light Blue) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing 0.00
The hero is not created. Any idea why that would be?

Level 8
None of those things are the problem. I have tried both .w3v and .w3x endings, the unit type was created in the campaign editor so it exists and is identical in both maps (In fact, I've placed several other heroes of the same type on both maps and those work fine).

Edit: I've got it working! I went back and did things EXACTLY as one of the guides had, including creating the cache from a non-existent map called 'TutorialCache.w3v' and having the saving and loading be done over the course of multiple triggers instead of just one. When that worked, I began undoing changes one by one until I figured out that what fixed the problem was creating the cache from 'TutorialCache.w3v'. Why I'm not certain.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.