• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gaias

Gaias
icons_1360_btn.jpg
Map Description:
Okay, I for the first I must say that it took a long time to make this map, it was really frustrating to think of the lay out and afterall I am not so sure if I managed well or not. However I am very satisfied with the terrain. The map is large for a 1v1 game however it is exactly what I wanted. Please your eyes with Gaias.

202900-albums5270-picture73318.jpg
202900-albums5270-picture73319.jpg

Bigger size images can be found in my album. Icons by Blizzard.
icons_650_btn.jpg
Change Log
• Uploaded
• Update I

- Fixed a few floating rocks
- Added some more environmental decoration at some points
• Update II
- Added Goblin Laboratories to each side of the map
• Update III
- Added 2 green creep camps for both players, close to base
- Fixed Waterfall pathings, if you still spot errors report them
- Some minor adjustment

icons_602_btn.jpg
Information
• Creep Camps
- 13 Green Camps
- 13 Orange Camps
- 4 Red Camps
• Neutral Buildings
- 5 Gold Mines
- 1 Goblin Merchants
- 2 Taverns
- 2 Mercenary Camps
- 2 Market Places
- 2 Fountain of Healths
- 1 Fountain of Mana
- 2 Goblin Laboratories

Keywords:
Gaias, Melody, Peace, Harmony, Remixer, Water, Fountains, Beauty
Contents

Gaias (Map)

Reviews
Orcnet19:06, 31st August 2013 Map Approved Gaias (No Version/s Stated) RateScorePercentLetter 5/591-100A RateScorePercentLetter 4/581-90%B RateScorePercentLetter 3/575-80%C RateScorePercentLetter 2/570-74%D...

M

1b5e5a7776e87f86f9c6951fa3dad711_64508.gif
Orcnet19:06, 31st August 2013

Comment

Review

Map Approved
Gaias (No Version/s Stated)

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
5/591-100A

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
4/581-90%B

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
3/575-80%C

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
2/570-74%D

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
1/550-69%F

Overview:

Gameplay

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"Gameplay needs more stable output of a melee characteristics, the map is huge and therefore no much green creep camps are in place especially near the player bases I suggest you add some to fill in those gaps. While the middle fountain of mana is not defended and its couterpart is heavily guarded, I think that is a silly situation going on, to be honest mana is a way more powerful than health(regeneration) due to its fluent use on the battlefield, so standing by a tech 2 human forces on the fountain of mana is devastating, not to mention spellcasting units."

Terrain

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"Terrain is good looking and I guess that's the only key that would make this make useful in some way, and somehow the idea of those grassy waterfalls looks confusing, I don't know where the waterfall drops so it ends up being unrealistic. Then again terrain is good."

Management

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"Overall map can be useful."

Total Score:

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
8/1577%C

It looks really nice, but can you post a full-terrain screenshot or some in-game screenshots. I look at a lot of maps when I'm at work and those that strike me as being really nice, I will make sure to open when I get home. This might be one of them, it looks really good. Typically you make very high quality maps, so I expect it will be good. Description is short and sweet - perfect for a melee map. Nice work, + rep in advance for more screenies :)

[EDIT]

Ok, I see you aren't adding more screenshots.

Well, fine. This map is awesome and will do very well. Great work! I like your tile arrangement. FYI, troops walk through waterfalls, this is bad because they get slaughtered by creeps. I only mention that because you put pathing blockers in the falls, so I assume that you wanted them to be stopped. But, if not, its totally fair and its fun to watch them climb the falls. I agree with abgm, the goblin merchant should be easier to get to. But, hey, this map is a work of art, so who am I to meddle? 5/5 stunning terrain. Looks a bit green in-game but better than blizzard all the same!

Untitled_zps31737263.jpg

Last edited:
Level 18
Only checked it fast, but for now I wanted to ask how am I supposed to expo at the red camp guarded mine. Other than that, maps looks really nice (usually the unsimmetric maps are made in horizontal, but this one is in vertical, just saying)
also, care of some floating doodads.
/Will rewiev it better later

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
z.ky why you think it is unsymmetric, also, I'll fix any floating doodad I can find, can u tell where you found?

abgm said:
i sugest you a pair of goblin laboratories so you can log more easy the gold mine of the center :)

z.ky said:
how am I supposed to expo at the red camp guarded mine

If you did not notice, you can walk over the rumbled walls (tiny passages only). I wanted to make it like a fortress or such. However if you think the passages are not enough, and you did not know let me tell you: You can destroy those walls with: mortar team, demolisher, meat wagon and ballista. Maybe possible also with some explosives but have not checked.

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
[EDIT]

FYI, troops walk through waterfalls, this is bad because they get slaughtered by creeps. I only mention that because you put pathing blockers in the falls, so I assume that you wanted them to be stopped. But, if not, its totally fair and its fun to watch them climb the falls.

Fixed, thanks for the report. Sorry for long delay.

Last edited:
Level 4
Map is very beautiful. Some of the side go directly to the black though which is kind of ugly, but not a big deal. The rocks can be a little much in some places, especially areas with the same variation.

• Map is so huge for 1v1, and makes it always a 2 base game and limits harassing.
  • Goblin Merchant is far away, and requires creeping a red spot to use, meaning Orc can get a BM and windwalk harass uncontested.
  • Guarding the Mercenary Camp on one side is 2 level 5s and a level 3, while the other side has 3 level 5s
  • Use the smooth tool on some of the ramps, they are a bit sharp

I suggest switching the Goblin Laboratory with Goblin Merchants. Even though it will not fit in as well with your terrain it is required to defend against blademaster windwalk harass in the early game.

Also, I suggest trying to incorporate waygates to decrease the travel distance between you and your opponent.

I only played it twice with some friends, but it was a very fun melee map :) gj +rep