1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Gaias

Submitted by Remixer
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Gaias
[​IMG]
Map Description:
Okay, I for the first I must say that it took a long time to make this map, it was really frustrating to think of the lay out and afterall I am not so sure if I managed well or not. However I am very satisfied with the terrain. The map is large for a 1v1 game however it is exactly what I wanted. Please your eyes with Gaias.

Images
[​IMG][​IMG]
Bigger size images can be found in my album. Icons by Blizzard.
[​IMG]
Change Log
• Uploaded
• Update I

- Fixed a few floating rocks
- Added some more environmental decoration at some points
• Update II
- Added Goblin Laboratories to each side of the map
• Update III
- Added 2 green creep camps for both players, close to base
- Fixed Waterfall pathings, if you still spot errors report them
- Some minor adjustment

[​IMG]
Information
• Creep Camps
- 13 Green Camps
- 13 Orange Camps
- 4 Red Camps
• Neutral Buildings
- 5 Gold Mines
- 1 Goblin Merchants
- 2 Taverns
- 2 Mercenary Camps
- 2 Market Places
- 2 Fountain of Healths
- 1 Fountain of Mana
- 2 Goblin Laboratories

Keywords:
Gaias, Melody, Peace, Harmony, Remixer, Water, Fountains, Beauty
Contents

Gaias (Map)

Reviews
[img][c]Orcnet[c]19:06, 31st August 2013 Map Approved Gaias (No Version/s Stated) Rate[c]Score[c]Percent[c]Letter [r][img][img][img][img][img][c]5/5[c]91-100[c]A Rate[c]Score[c]Percent[c]Letter...
  1. [​IMG] Orcnet 19:06, 31st August 2013

• Map Approved
    • Gaias (No Version/s Stated)

Rate Score Percent Letter
      [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] 5/5 91-100 A
      [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] 4/5 81-90% B
      [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] 3/5 75-80% C
      [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] 2/5 70-74% D
      [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] 1/5 50-69% F

Overview:

Gameplay

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

"Gameplay needs more stable output of a melee characteristics, the map is huge and therefore no much green creep camps are in place especially near the player bases I suggest you add some to fill in those gaps. While the middle fountain of mana is not defended and its couterpart is heavily guarded, I think that is a silly situation going on, to be honest mana is a way more powerful than health(regeneration) due to its fluent use on the battlefield, so standing by a tech 2 human forces on the fountain of mana is devastating, not to mention spellcasting units."

Terrain

"Terrain is good looking and I guess that's the only key that would make this make useful in some way, and somehow the idea of those grassy waterfalls looks confusing, I don't know where the waterfall drops so it ends up being unrealistic. Then again terrain is good."

Management

"Overall map can be useful."

Total Score:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] 8/15 77% C

2. Legal_Ease

Legal_Ease

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It looks really nice, but can you post a full-terrain screenshot or some in-game screenshots. I look at a lot of maps when I'm at work and those that strike me as being really nice, I will make sure to open when I get home. This might be one of them, it looks really good. Typically you make very high quality maps, so I expect it will be good. Description is short and sweet - perfect for a melee map. Nice work, + rep in advance for more screenies :)

[EDIT]

Ok, I see you aren't adding more screenshots.

Well, fine. This map is awesome and will do very well. Great work! I like your tile arrangement. FYI, troops walk through waterfalls, this is bad because they get slaughtered by creeps. I only mention that because you put pathing blockers in the falls, so I assume that you wanted them to be stopped. But, if not, its totally fair and its fun to watch them climb the falls. I agree with abgm, the goblin merchant should be easier to get to. But, hey, this map is a work of art, so who am I to meddle? 5/5 stunning terrain. Looks a bit green in-game but better than blizzard all the same!
    terrain screenshot!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
  3. Theoden of KoMe

Theoden of KoMe

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Im bored with reviewing :p
    But I tested your map and I must say you leave me astonished one more time :p
    Good work m8

4. Remixer

Remixer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:

- Sorry, ingame screenshot would not make much difference and the map's size (height and width) does not support taking overview image, it goes very blurry and messy.

5. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b

Community Manager

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Busy, but Reximer won't let his maps fall down to hell, rejection that is. I really like your description, and the screenshots look amazing.

6. z.ky

z.ky

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Only checked it fast, but for now I wanted to ask how am I supposed to expo at the red camp guarded mine. Other than that, maps looks really nice (usually the unsimmetric maps are made in horizontal, but this one is in vertical, just saying)
    also, care of some floating doodads.
    /Will rewiev it better later

7. Remixer

Remixer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    z.ky why you think it is unsymmetric, also, I'll fix any floating doodad I can find, can u tell where you found?

If you did not notice, you can walk over the rumbled walls (tiny passages only). I wanted to make it like a fortress or such. However if you think the passages are not enough, and you did not know let me tell you: You can destroy those walls with: mortar team, demolisher, meat wagon and ballista. Maybe possible also with some explosives but have not checked.

8. Remixer

Remixer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:

Fixed, thanks for the report. Sorry for long delay.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2013
  9. z.ky

z.ky

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Here am I back (had to backup the pc)
    You can see some "floating" rocks between those on the cliff, or upground.
    By unsymmetric I meant unsymmetric horizontally (it is vertically)

10. Remixer

Remixer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    I see.

11. Orcnet

Orcnet

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Map approved, see moderator comment on top.

12. IlsNt.RiTz

IlsNt.RiTz

Resources:
    Resources:
    That's one great looking terrain! Magnificent!! haha! Great job on that. anyway, add more creep camps, it can make the gameplay even better because the map is big. :D Gotta have a good review when i'm not busy anymore :D

13. Remixer

Remixer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Sorry for the very long delay, been busy or just lazy. Fixed Waterfall pathing and added 4 green creep camp. Check change log.

14. Sick

Sick

Resources:
    Resources:
    Map is very beautiful. Some of the side go directly to the black though which is kind of ugly, but not a big deal. The rocks can be a little much in some places, especially areas with the same variation.

• Map is so huge for 1v1, and makes it always a 2 base game and limits harassing.
    • Goblin Merchant is far away, and requires creeping a red spot to use, meaning Orc can get a BM and windwalk harass uncontested.
    • Guarding the Mercenary Camp on one side is 2 level 5s and a level 3, while the other side has 3 level 5s
    • Use the smooth tool on some of the ramps, they are a bit sharp

I suggest switching the Goblin Laboratory with Goblin Merchants. Even though it will not fit in as well with your terrain it is required to defend against blademaster windwalk harass in the early game.

Also, I suggest trying to incorporate waygates to decrease the travel distance between you and your opponent.

I only played it twice with some friends, but it was a very fun melee map :) gj +rep

15. Remixer

Remixer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Well the map is supposed to be huge. About the blade master thing... I am not really sure, sure I could place some kind of a ward but the creeps still sleeps at night.

16. Xonok

Xonok

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Put an invisible unit in there that can see other invisibles and doesn't sleep. It will awake the whole camp when something goes by.

17. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    A tad bit asymmetrical and quite big for a 2 players map. However, there are some interesting ideas therein and the map design is somewhat innovative.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2016