• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gaias 1.2 ... and yes, I'm not joking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I add some minor bugs.

Terrain:
Sewer: You can run through walls and the ground.
D3 the second bridge: You can sink into the bridge becoming invisible.

D3 skeleton archers: Some of them start without mana and therefore wont use fire arrow unless you kite them away to reset them.

D3 lightning skeleton mages: they are very useless since they cast lightning strike at the freezed unit which wont take any damage and 2 lightning strikes also crit.

D3 gaspode part: The weaves can reset (if mobs have only aggro on one unit and this one dies). Which means you have to face 2 weaves at the same time which is definitely too hard for lvl 25 players with bad gear and not using kiting. The worst part though is if the 1. boss resets and will never come back (sometimes gaspode follows him over the bridge and dies alone). You need to restart the map then.

Level 2
Hello, is someone who will excite your map.

Level 25 skills are added to the overall low specific gravity is too low.
sneak thief of the cooldown in combat, when the state can be cast, we'd like to leave?
And rage skill is useless, too. Also difficult to collect points, the effect is not very useful by itself, does
When alone, a backstep is too difficult to use.
Add to all of the characters seems to require skill and a big change.
backstep a stun the enemy can be pretty useful, but the cooldown is too long and difficult to settle back. In addition, too weak damage.
steal useful. Most potions, but ...
Using a translator was written posts do not even know a little more.

Level 2
Character Balance problems

Cleric Class Divine shield is too strong.
Cleric class to kill the boss alone, the only possible one.
Of course, in the first dungeon
But another class can not.
It's just not fair.
The Magician, too. Skill damage is too strong.
Of course, considering the strong cast time makes sense.
Still too strong compared to other classes.
squire class is too weak. Berserker is high deal? haha
Crusader spell power proportional to the skill ....
But increasing the weak intelligence.
In addition, rather too weak armor tanker. Not tried the third dungeon
I tried to continue a temporary expedient so strong.
Let me tell you
I do not know if the translation was done correctly, but
Two people at the bottom right of the narrow entrance to the membrane state, not the First One entrance to the enemy's interest in open and drag the skill of sorcerers.
But ... Then I held down the attack of the first attack came too soon. Failure.

Level 2
It would probably be best to change to another translator or something. Your post made little to no sense. I'll try to decode that post though.
First off, you only seem to be talking about the thief class so I'm going to assume that is what you are referring to in your post.

Level 25 skills are added to the overall low specific gravity is too low.
You want the skills that are gained after upgrading your character to be better? If you upgraded to the Bard then I understand your feelings, but if you upgraded to the Assassin then I don't agree with your sentiments.
The skills for 5000g varies in usefulness greatly which has already been discussed in this thread quite a lot.

sneak thief of the cooldown in combat, when the state can be cast, we'd like to leave?
I'm guessing you are talking about Stealth? The Stealth skill itself has no cooldown, but it can't be used once you are in combat. It would make it too easy if the thief could just re-stealth in combat whenever he wanted with no cooldown or consequences whatsoever.

And rage skill is useless, too. Also difficult to collect points, the effect is not very useful by itself, does
While I somewhat agree that the rage skill for thieves aren't as useful as some of the other classes, it still has its uses. It's particularly useful in D3.

When alone, a backstep is too difficult to use.
It's a little tricky to use the Backstab when playing solo, but it isn't impossible. You'll probably get better at it with practice.

Add to all of the characters seems to require skill and a big change.
backstep a stun the enemy can be pretty useful, but the cooldown is too long and difficult to settle back. In addition, too weak damage.
steal useful. Most potions, but ...
The classes will change as they get new spells in 1.2 (as discussed in this thread already). Backstab is a very useful skill no matter how you look at it and considering it has a 4 second stun, I don't think the cooldown should be any shorter.
I'm not sure if you are referring to the Backstab skill or overall when you say "In addition, too weak damage". The Backstab itself isn't supposed to have great damage. You use it mainly for stunning monsters. If you upgraded the Thief to an Assassin then it should be able to deal quite a nice amount of damage. Although I am inclined to agree that thieves (as well as rangers) could use a small damage boost (which has also already been discussed in this thread).

Level 4
Squiare master arena have bug;
-If any range player wait here, can ranged attack enemy.
-And Bishop can use here "Burst of Light"

0701da61.jpg

-And please fix "Share".Can afk players alot of for share unit.And other players can buy items, spells, mana cyrstall items. My english bad if you understand :)

Level 2
Reallly...guys... Don't oftop. Topic is about new features which have been included in Gaia Retaliation 1.2.
So don't write about deamon heart problem (which was already reported several times), don't write about useless thief skill or so (if you have been wrote about necromancer skill maybe i could understand) because they are perfect on the way that is now. Gaia needs teamplay, that's for sure, and a little of good micro (game control, speed, reflex, aiming, thinking, tactics, etc.). Making skills much more "ultimate" or either enemies weaker cause we don't handle difficulty level of Gaias battles doesn't fix anything because the problem is not in Gaia, which is perfect the way that is in now. The problem lies in our skills. If someone don't cope with Gaia, there are many other ORPGs. But i suggest more training and more thinking. Gaia needs time. Improving skills also needs time. So don't bother Zwiebelhen's head by such unimportant things. It's not his problem, it's your problem. I can only advice to include in new Gaia special noob difficulty mode (e.g. 60% enemies hit points. 80% damage, 50% worse/better drop or so)... It may be nice option even for me in future :p.

Anyway, I'd like to share with you my 3 suggestions about Gaia 1.2 features.

1.Zwiebelchen, you are proposing 2 new skills for Hunter class which boosts his pet. Is it really necessary? Better sollution may be skill more associated with Hunter profession like trap/snare. Or maybe some new archery skill. Making pet a little stroner is good idea, but i think you shouldn't waste 2 skill slots for that improvement.

2.Druid's Efryt's call doesn't really fits druid class. Fire and nature are like cat and mouse or fist and nose. Consider Ent, Bear(Grizzly) or Water/Air/Earth Elemental. Maybe some AoE healing (X hit points per second for Y seconds) might be a good way of transforming Druid into real support healer.

3.Song of Youth - another buff is good idea because it's bard profession as a support hero. But if you don't have healer in team (i know, it's extreme idea, but imo in RPG's team constructing shouldn't be addicted to healers) this skill is useless. I know that minimum one healers in team is neccesity but it should give some other boost, more efficient and of wider utility and then in addition to that a 20% improving of healing.
But imo the best way is to simplify all considered effects to one that fullfill the concept like: increasing all stats (strength, agility and intelligence) of all teammates by 10% for spellpower*1 seconds or somethinkg like that.

PS:Because two or more drops needs to be checked (Ring of Shadows, Deamon's Heart, something else?), version 1.1f with fixed drop might be good idea. But there is no time to be fixing a non -critical errors for now as Zwiebelchen said.

Level 5
Ring of shadows drops or can be stolen, I dont know anymore. But Im 100% sure it exists already because I have it.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
It seems like it really does happen when someone has all of the threat from the minions and dies. I've seen it a few times more now and it's especially easy to spot/trigger it with the Blazing Flame boss. When someone stands close to the boss when he summons and that person dies from the minions' attacks before anyone has a chance to hit the minions, the boss will reset and gain full health. Someone else should have encountered this and be able to confirm that this is what triggers it.
This problem has only occured with bosses that summons minions, Lord Andrazzar and Blazing Flame with other words.
Thanks for clarifying that. That helped a lot. However, its still illogical, as the threat system works the following:
When a mob spawns right beside another mob, it inherits the whole threat list of the "older" mob and gives everyone on that list 0 threat. That means that every player that is infight with the boss should also be on that minion's threat list. This, however, will not happen, if the minion spawns very far away from the boss. In that case, it should still not let the boss reset, even if the minion itself resets.
I dont get where the problem is ... and to be honest: I don't have a clue how the threat system works internally anymore. It has gotten so damn complicated that I should possibly not be able to fix that problem anymore.
I can workaround it, however, by simply adding 0 threat for every player in range manually.

Remember that it is working as intended that when a minion resets, the boss also resets! However, that should only happen if you outrange that minion, not if it just kills the first on threat list.

Level 2
A couple of suggestions, I haven't exactly read through all pages thoroughly so they might have been mentioned before, but anyway:
1. Remove the aggro from hunter's pet. Or make it stand still. It can be annoying when you are standing next to a group of monsters and the pet keeps running about and accidentally aggravates the monsters.

2. An option to skip through the first part of D3, the waves, if you have completed the quest. Take you to The Lieutenant right away.

3. An option to Accept/Decline if someone wants to PVP you.

Level 2
Thanks for clarifying that. That helped a lot. However, its still illogical, as the threat system works the following:
When a mob spawns right beside another mob, it inherits the whole threat list of the "older" mob and gives everyone on that list 0 threat. That means that every player that is infight with the boss should also be on that minion's threat list. This, however, will not happen, if the minion spawns very far away from the boss. In that case, it should still not let the boss reset, even if the minion itself resets.
I dont get where the problem is ... and to be honest: I don't have a clue how the threat system works internally anymore. It has gotten so damn complicated that I should possibly not be able to fix that problem anymore.
I can workaround it, however, by simply adding 0 threat for every player in range manually.

Remember that it is working as intended that when a minion resets, the boss also resets! However, that should only happen if you outrange that minion, not if it just kills the first on threat list.

Interesting. It does sound like this bug shouldn't be able to happen considering how the threat system works. Well, it would be nice if you could manage to fix it somehow, you seem to have a couple of ideas of how to do it. I'm afraid I don't know anything about programming so I can't be of any help in this issue. It wouldn't be devastating even if you couldn't fix this bug since accidentally triggering it doesn't happen too often.

2.Druid's Efryt's call doesn't really fits druid class. Fire and nature are like cat and mouse

I think a fire spell for the druid is perfectly fine. Druids aren't plants, they're nature. That includes weather.

If you'd ever played the epic Diablo II, you'd remember the awesome druid having the firestorm ability.

So I think that the druid's fire ability should stay!
But I do like your idea for a new ability, Aegir.

Level 5
Since there isn’t a comprehensive summary of the bugs I will do this now.

Major bugs:

- Mobs with bash ability can bash you many times if you run away from them.
- (frost cage) + 2 * lighting strike at a target causes a war3 critical error
- If people in dungeon2 enter the cinematic there is a high chance that people outside the dungeon2 which are not seeing the cinematic drop. This happened many times and I’m pretty sure this bug exists.
- Demon Heart does not drop. I have done The Blazing Flame often, I don’t know whether often enough though. Does any one ever got it and killed Blazing Flame more than 100 times? What is the chance that it should drop Zwiebelchen?
- Gaspode can be abused and multiplied to fight in an immortal state for you.
- If a squire enters the arena in the big city he will never ever be able to be healed again even if he leaves the arena (only Burst of Lightning can still heal heal him).
- The summons of the Blazing Flame seem to do 17000-35000 damage sometimes. I don’t know why and how and what reason for? Nothing indicates it and it doesn’t happen always (maybe ¼ of all times). If it’s based on luck, then it’s really bad. Can you remove it?
- With share from your allies you can buy those items. You could change mana crystals into an item and legenadary items into recipes which only need mana crystals to be forged with, this way no legendary items could be bought from others.

Minor bugs:

- In dungeon1 the Knight Boss sometimes summons his warrior behind a trash wall located top of him near the tent(s). In this case the minion can’t attack.
- Ranged heroes can help a squire in the arena by shooting from the outside into it.
- Very rarely you can’t pick up your own items. The most annoying thing was when I forged at the very first game myself the sword in Riversdale and didn’t let me pick up it because I hadn’t a high enough level (it doesn’t say required level on recipes/items neither). But I also couldn’t pick it up into my backpack. It said “You can’t pick up other peoples items”. This one can’t be fixed I guess since you didn’t made the save/loading system.
- The mobs in front of Andrazzar can’t be pulled without pulling Andrazzar, too. If that should be intended, then it is just time consuming and slowing down the progress instead of being a really challenge since everybody will run away to reset Andrazzar after the mobs have been downed.
- Ogre Mages sometimes cast mend at nearby sheeps

Terrain bugs:

- The Big Bad Wolf can be solo killed by any ranged unit standing behind the wall near it. Maybe just add a tree or smth.
- Blocking Succubus in D3 using the wall which is located behind her (there are one or more tents; you can enter this area behind her)
- Blocking Andrazzar: There is a small entrance located to the right; he won’t try to run around or cast other spells since he tries to use shield slam
- You can drop into the bridge in D3; the bridge after the Gaspode bridge.
- In the sewer you can run into many walls and into the ground with the half of your body.

Suggestions:
- If some one wants to –pvp some one there should be an accept/deny option for the challenged one.
- Add “high textures+light settings are needed” to the map description which appears in the pre game room to pretend dropping first time players
- Add some Lvl 8 mobs which can be solod by any class since not any team can do Dungeon1 (bad or to less players) together and there is a too big gap between the lvl 6 rogues and lvl 11 boars (the lvl 10 wolves are stronger than the boars).
- Add orange/legendary items for thieves
- Add blue items for all classes or remove Blacksmiths Revenge in the Capital City
- There is a pet trader in the City. Would be nice if you ccould buy your own frog/rabbit/etc. for fun. Invulnerable pet with no attack/spells and no blocking size
- Add mobs + boss in the sewers.
- Remove the damage effect of burst of Lightning to Undeads

Hunter:

It would be nice if the wolf becomes a bear if class changing into a Hunter. He could have more hit points and magic resistance and a little chance to stun at hit. Also a little chance to roar giving extra damage to everyone on hit would be nice.

Druid:
Change wolf into a wildekin which has healing and support spells. Automatic healing would be nice.

Necromancer:
You wrote into his description he would be a summoner and debuffer. Up to now he doesn’t have more debuffing spells than the sorcerer. The skeletons need more hit points for sure. And as you already said a mage skeleton and a warrior skeleton would be nice. The warrior could have spells as hatefull strike/shield slam and gapping wound. I don’t know if its possible to let those skeletons cast their spells automatically or/and occasionally e.g. to interrupt a channelling spell. The mage could have the same shadow strike spells as Andrazzar has.

Monk:
He doesn’t fit into any role up to now as he doesn’t deal as much damage as a damage dealer and cant tank as well as squires since he cannot get as well the attention of the mobs as berserkers/crusaders do. And if he is intended to be a solo tank there simply is no boss which attacks so hard with normal attacks that a squire couldn’t withstand it. And if there would be such a boss a monk would be a must have then I guess? If you add combo spells for him, he should propably be changed into an damage dealer.

Bard:
Only useless at the moment. Needs more buffing spells and other items than daggers. I don’t think its an good idea to make a thief into a buffer though usually buffers aren’t damage dealers.

All other heroes are fine as they are and only need to get an additional 1+2 interesting spells.

Level 2
I think a fire spell for the druid is perfectly fine. Druids aren't plants, they're nature. That includes weather.

If you'd ever played the epic Diablo II, you'd remember the awesome druid having the firestorm ability.

So I think that the druid's fire ability should stay!
But I do like your idea for a new ability, Aegir.

You're right, fire itself isn't a problem. Generally fire (elemental) spirit is not a problem. Imo efryt (infernal djin) still doesn't suit druid well. But it's Zwiebelchen's idea. I'm sure that even if it is Efryt it will be good. Innovations are neccesity.

Level 9
Class Oriented Armor.

Well, to help with the class balancing you could add class oriented armor. So, take Berserker and Crusader for example. Berserker overall is a better tank because of his ability to wear the same armor as Crusader but have the AoE damage/aggro. So you could make armor that gives Berserker less armor but more attack power or strength and agility. I actually talked this over with Muzzel and he said it could possibly help. All i want to say is that more class oriented armor or weapons could be of use. O yea another thing is:
Even though Assassin has higher DPS then Bard. Together a Barb and Berserker or Crusader is better then a Assassin with a Berserker or Crusader. I had a pretty high end team i was able to duo D3 with a friend of mine and we find Bards way more useful then Assassins.

Last edited:

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
@Ihaz: The upcoming D4 will have class restricted items.

@Kniff: Wow thanks for putting that together. That really will help a lot in the future.
I commented some of the stuff you mentioned, where I think I will use different approaches:
- (frost cage) + 2 * lighting strike at a target causes a war3 critical error
As I said before, Lightning strike will be completely removed and replaced by some kind of meteor strike spell for mages. Skeleton mages will get something different.

- If people in dungeon2 enter the cinematic there is a high chance that people outside the dungeon2 which are not seeing the cinematic drop. This happened many times and I’m pretty sure this bug exists.
There's so much trouble with that cinematic that I came to the conclusion that its the best to simply remove it. The encounter doesn't really 'deserve' it anyway. I just added it for show.

- Demon Heart does not drop. I have done The Blazing Flame often, I don’t know whether often enough though. Does any one ever got it and killed Blazing Flame more than 100 times? What is the chance that it should drop Zwiebelchen?
Like 10% for every demon boss in the dungeon, not only the blazing flame. I think theres a problem with the internal Item ID. Shouldn't be much trouble to fix that.

- If a squire enters the arena in the big city he will never ever be able to be healed again even if he leaves the arena (only Burst of Lightning can still heal heal him).
I will remove that "cheat preventer". Seriously, if people can't beat the encounter without help from the outside, I pity them anyway.

- The summons of the Blazing Flame seem to do 17000-35000 damage sometimes. I don’t know why and how and what reason for? Nothing indicates it and it doesn’t happen always (maybe ¼ of all times). If it’s based on luck, then it’s really bad. Can you remove it?
This is a bug. I checked the encounter again and found out how it was intended: The summons are supposed to do damage based on a percentage of Max HP of the target instead of a fixed number so that every unit can "tank" them. I think the bug has something to do with some internal calculation errors or some +hp abilities that are added to the heroes in certain situations (divine shield absorb). I will fix that by removing the % component and give them a fixed point damage.

- With share from your allies you can buy those items. You could change mana crystals into an item and legenadary items into recipes which only need mana crystals to be forged with, this way no legendary items could be bought from others.
I will remove the shared control in the next version. I left it in because I sometimes found it helpful when players had to go AFK, but I don't want to fix blizzard's fuck-ups, so I better remove it.

- Very rarely you can’t pick up your own items. The most annoying thing was when I forged at the very first game myself the sword in Riversdale and didn’t let me pick up it because I hadn’t a high enough level (it doesn’t say required level on recipes/items neither). But I also couldn’t pick it up into my backpack. It said “You can’t pick up other peoples items”. This one can’t be fixed I guess since you didn’t made the save/loading system.
This has nothing to do with the save/load system. I will check the crafting system again. Besides its not like I used the Save/load without putting in my personal adjustments.

- The mobs in front of Andrazzar can’t be pulled without pulling Andrazzar, too. If that should be intended, then it is just time consuming and slowing down the progress instead of being a really challenge since everybody will run away to reset Andrazzar after the mobs have been downed.
Thanks ... this is not intended and I will move them farther away.

- Ogre Mages sometimes cast mend at nearby sheeps
This is a really funny one. I think I will not fix it just for style. :p

Terrain bugs
I will set all collision sizes to the same size of players in the future. I'm sick of this.

- Add “high textures+light settings are needed” to the map description which appears in the pre game room to pretend dropping first time players
Good idea. Though I doubt someone actually reads that.

- Remove the damage effect of burst of Lightning to Undeads
Thought about that too. I think that is a good idea, as the healing component alone is strong enough anyway.

Level 5
@ Anektod: I dont understand what you mean.
Do you suggest him to change whole classes?

Level 2
@ Anektod: I dont understand what you mean.
Do you suggest him to change whole classes?

It sounds like he is suggesting something similar to the profession skills in WoW.

If I understand this correctly, then Anektod's suggestion would mean this:
Recipes would require a crafting level which is separate from regular levels. You would need to craft items in order to increase your crafting level and thereby be able to craft items from better/higher leveled recipes.

Personally I don't see this happening in a game such as Gaia's Retaliation. There just aren't enough recipes and easy-to-get materials in order to remake the same recipes over and over again to gain crafting levels.

Level 4
It sounds like he is suggesting something similar to the profession skills in WoW.

If I understand this correctly, then Anektod's suggestion would mean this:
Recipes would require a crafting level which is separate from regular levels. You would need to craft items in order to increase your crafting level and thereby be able to craft items from better/higher leveled recipes.

Personally I don't see this happening in a game such as Gaia's Retaliation. There just aren't enough recipes and easy-to-get materials in order to remake the same recipes over and over again to gain crafting levels.

Yea, he understand me.

Level 10
I agree with SmileyGhost, while it may be kind of neat to see a system like that implemented in the game I highly doubt it will be implemented in Gaias for numerous reasons one being that it would probably require a lot of recoding on old scripts which would be too much effort for little reward, not to mention Zweibel said on numerous occasions that he forgot what he did with a lot of his old coding since it has been too long so to have him dust them off and change it wouldn't be worth it for him

There is no job 3. Anyway, can you try to stay on topic? I've been seeing lots of posts that have nothing at all to do with the point of this thread.

As for the crafting topic, I again agree with SmileyGhost. Crafting is fun, but it would be pointless in Gaias Retaliation, unless Zwieb decides to create lots of new materials and recipes. If such is done, then a crafting level might possibly be a good idea.

Level 5
To be honest if such crafting system was implemented, I would love to see mining, lumberjacking and other interactions with environment in search for materials. That would be just... hell, awesome.

But as stated in most of posts above this one, this is most likely not going to happen since it would need lots of new models and stuff, and gaia's is already around 8 MB (which is max size limit for a multiplayer map in warcraft 3).

Of course Zwieblechen could get rid off some stuff like building models or these epic doodads... etc.
But it's up to him.

Level 5
Well crafted harness drops very rarely. I have only seen it dropping from lvl 20/21 gnolls. Maybe 1% chance. Can you add it to have a chance gettin dropped from lvl 26 skeleton (big meele one) as robe of magus and Ogre Staff also drop in D3. YOu say grinding isnt needed to solve the game but I think 1% drop chance is kinda low, I think also Robe of Magus and Ogre Staff only 1% chance or smth. Drops very very rarely from Ogres.

Level 5
@ last post:

I dont think that is needed as you can solo any creeps with any class with the corresponding level. The only problem is the huge gap betwen lvl 6 and 11 creeps, but you can even solo the lvl 11 ones with lvl 8-10 having bought your spells and having found or even better crafted the best items.

@ last post:

I dont think that is needed as you can solo any creeps with any class with the corresponding level. The only problem is the huge gap betwen lvl 6 and 11 creeps, but you can even solo the lvl 11 ones with lvl 8-10 having bought your spells and having found or even better crafted the best items.

Have you tried soloing D3? I didn't think so.

Level 10
Dungeons are NOT meant to be solod. Back in the VERY early beta stages of the game, you used to need parties just to fight the creeps in the field since the game itself was just way too hard (You would literally need a tank and healer for pretty much any wolf/bandit or any other creep you fought). Personally I liked it better that way it made the game much more team oriented and gave you a greater sense of reward for leveling since it was a lot harder to do, but Zweilb changed it to allow soloability in the fields BUT maintain the party based dependence in dungeons and it would appear that it turned out pretty well if it keeps so many people coming back. Lowering unit healths based on the amount of players or dumbing down the dungeons and making them easier and soloable would simply not be any fun at all in my opinion. It would take away the very essence of what makes Gaias amazing, not to mention eliminating the dependence of classes if anyone could just solo it.

Bottom line the dungeons NEED to be challenging, and they NEED to be team oriented that's what defines Gaia, after all it is the dungeons that most people choose to replay for.

Level 2
Have you tried soloing D3? I didn't think so.

Ironically he has tried, and succeeded in, soloing D3 (excluding The Blazing Flame).

I just tried to D3 alone and it worked out with my bishop.

The blue arrow should take you to his post.

Although admittedly, this could only be done since there are glitches/bugs in this game.

Zwieb, I'd like to remind you that it has been suggested elsewhere that you have a handicap option on creeps, giving them lower health with fewer players, higher health with more players.
May I suggest 60% + 10% per player?

Since people still want the same difficulty in dungeons, one solution could be to only reduce the health of creeps outside of the dungeons while keeping the creeps inside dungeons at 100 %.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
First of: I will not implement a difficulty system based on player number to Gaias. Outside mobs can be easily soloed. Dungeon mobs and bosses are not meant to be soloed. This is intended and will not change.

However, Fellow and me once discussed multiple difficulty levels in dungeons. A "normal" difficulty the way it is now and some kind of "expert" difficulty for those people that got too much into the game ^^'
Well ... but thats hard to achieve, as simply adding more damage or hitpoints to the mobs is not going to change the difficulty the way I would want it to. In order to really make bosses more challenging, it would need to add new spells to them.
The second problem is that I cant just add new drops to the databases, as the amount of new items required would be insane, resulting in longer savecodes.

Same goes for the crafting system. The crafting system was never intended for "lots of recipes" but simply to add some small farming component to the game to increase replay value.
It will never be much more than a sweet gimmick as long as blizzard doesnt allow harddisc-saving for multiplayer games.

Level 2
i'll give my suggestions to fix what are u saying....

- agains the ancient one u should add more attack range cause an archer can easily get him and magician also by using magic misiles and a new spell also

- agains the lady just put a box or something to block the ''bugged spot''

- lord andrazar can be fixed also as lady block the bugged spot and a new spell should be fine too

- sargeant u should add a cleaving attack spell/passive and a new spell

offthread:

-also dont forget to fix the ''bash'' skill its annoying :S
-add a D4 *-*
-remove the max capacity of the dungeons.... the map is max to 8 but the dungeons max to 5?
-also remove the share unit system cause people that has wood, buy equips to others that doesn't have.

I hope you like my suggestion, if not, I would like to know why.

Level 10
-remove the max capacity of the dungeons.... the map is max to 8 but the dungeons max to 5?

I hope you like my suggestion, if not, I would like to know why.

Not all the dungeons are max 5 only the third one I believe and maybe the second one. As for the reasoning behind that is the dungeon would be too easy with 8 people. The dungeons are designed for 5 players and balanced for 5 so players can choose which classes they desire to bring. There is plenty of other things to do in the game to form even two parties going to two separate dungeons at once.

Level 5
I'm suggesting skills for the Berseker class since you said "not decided yet" for both his skills on a post about how would the new skills be. If you like the idea its up to you to decide wich is the drop only and the vendor skill.
Frenzy/Bersek:each sucefull attack on the target get ##(%) bonus attack speed, caps # times. Counter resets if you leave the combat mode. Passive skill.
Armor Break: reduces enemy armor by caster lvl*#(would like to see a caster lvl*1 xD) for 10 seconds, has a ministun to stop channeling. CD: 20 sec.

General suggestions:
1-I would like to see more interiors in Gaias or at least one interior in Mytargas, the capital city don't have any interiors but riversdale has, could be the new weapons shop or a inn where the new skills vendor could be.
2-In the ranger description it says he can use bows and crossbows but i've never seen a crossbow in Gaias, you could change that doing a crossbow with high armor penetration xD.
3-Add more recipes weapons to have some optional high lvl good weapons that don't drop since the recipe weapons now are just for the very beginning of the game.
4-The boat guy for the thief class change could have more uses, i guess you don't have enough time for terraining, but in later versions you could add some island(s) to where he could take you for a little fee.
5-Decreasing outside mobs respawn time(at the moment its very high...).
6-increasing lvl 12 gnolls lvl or nerfing theirs skills damage, cause they are stronger than the spider thieves and maybe crows.
7-Since Monk can't be healed while using his tanking skill you could add a npc for them that could make better potions since there are only minor healing potions in the game,it could be like a recipe. (i.e: ankhmar weed + minor healing potion + potion recipe + ##gold = medium healing potion)
8-Offhand daggers could be better, daggers also( I'm using a Blacksmith Revenge on my assassin because its the best weapon for an assassin before d3 daggers).I think u should increase the offhand daggers attack bonus to increase thieves damage output since thieves don't have a lot of armor penetration.

Please inform how the developing is going xD.
Thanks for making this awesome map and enjoy your vacation.

Level 10
Armor Break: reduces enemy armor by caster lvl*#(would like to see a caster lvl*1 xD) for 10 seconds, has a ministun to stop channeling. CD: 20 sec.
I'm not sure if I completely follow your idea of the skill here, but if I understand it correctly it sounds like it might be a little too imbalanced though I like the general idea of the skill. Imagine fighting a level 30 boss and a Berserker uses that on him, if I follow this line of thought correctly the boss will lose 30 armor for 10 seconds AND interrupted with only a 20 second cooldown? That means 1/2 of the time that boss is down -30 armor and that would make it absurdly easy, though perhaps this skill could be good with a shorter duration and a longer cooldown with armor decreased based on a stat or something maybe like a certain percent of str or something.

1-I would like to see more interiors in Gaias or at least one interior in Mytargas, the capital city don't have any interiors but riversdale has, could be the new weapons shop or a inn where the new skills vendor could be.
I agree with this I thought that the capital Mytargas was so massive and amazing looking but it didn't 'feel' right because you couldn't go into any of the houses. I think if all the current shops were moved indoors it would make the town feel more complete in my opinion.

4-The boat guy for the thief class change could have more uses, i guess you don't have enough time for terraining, but in later versions you could add some island(s) to where he could take you for a little fee.
I REALLY like this idea, but sadly I highly doubt Zwielb will be up to doing new terraining anytime soon if any at all, though it really adds a lot of possibilities to future zones or maybe even just some sort of special event islands or something.

7-Since Monk can't be healed while using his tanking skill you could add a npc for them that could make better potions since there are only minor healing potions in the game,it could be like a recipe. (i.e: ankhmar weed + minor healing potion + potion recipe + ##gold = medium healing potion)
The idea of adding stronger potions has been brought up multiple times in the past and I believe they decided against it since it would discourage healers and make them less effective in parties. And for the record Monks can't use their heal they can still be healed by other clerics/bishops or monks not in stone form.

8-Offhand daggers could be better, daggers also( I'm using a Blacksmith Revenge on my assassin because its the best weapon for an assassin before d3 daggers).I think u should increase the offhand daggers attack bonus to increase thieves damage output since thieves don't have a lot of armor penetration.
I don't find any problems with the offhand weapons on Assassins/Thiefs. I think my Assassin may be the highest DPS class I have played in Gaias and to buff their weapons even more might be a bit obsessive.

On a side note I'd like to thank you for what appears to be someone who actually read some of the older posts in the thread and actually posting some suggestions/ideas. The last few pages of 'suggestions' has been loaded with misthreads after misthreads. There needs to be more suggestions like this imo.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
My thoughts on the suggested Berserker skills:

Frenzy/Bersek:each sucefull attack on the target get ##(%) bonus attack speed, caps # times. Counter resets if you leave the combat mode. Passive skill.
I like the idea of a skill that stacks up the longer you are in the same fight. Might think about that.

This, however, is not a good idea. It was intended that only the thief archetype and possibly the necromancer will have armor reduction skills. This was intended to give thieves some kind of utility besides dealing damage. Squire archetypes have the option to tank instead of dealing damage. Giving them another utility skill might be a little bit too much and would rate down the thief classes.

Level 2
The Berserker is a damage dealer/tank hybrid, so possibly relate his damage output on whether he takes damage, or related to threat.
eg.
The greater the current threat he holds on a certain mob, the greater the potential damage he can deal on it( a certain ability in his arsenal has damage related to the % threat currently on a target, such as attack power x constant x threat when targeting that unit).
Or
A damage and attackspeed buff activating upon taking damage(stackable or not) for a certain duration, or reflecting a portion of the damage taken back as physical damage to the target.(not to clash with the fireshield)

Or
Just an attackspeed and life gain per hit buff upon being struck(of course the gain being balanced as to not generate too much self heal, such as 20% IAS and 4hp gained per attack, scaling with current level)

Level 2
*don't forget make the squire taunt skill Aoe (Y) and should add armor whem cast?
*also servant of nature and necromancer skeletons are too weak..
*make blurred motions remove more thread? or reduce cooldown..

and the most important...

I WANT GAIA 1.2 NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW T.T.T.T.T.T.T.T.T D=.... lets us know if ur working on it :D.

name in garena: monto6
Main:37 assassin

Level 4
im thinking about crus slight readjustment. what makes this char 'uncomplete' is the fact that his crucify is based on spellpower while its a squire so based on str/hp points. high lvl cruses have the problem: go str/hp for some fair dps-threat generating or go int/hp just for higher dmg crucify. crucify is essential only in D3, besides that its pretty useless and using skill points into int feels like a waste after all. what do u guys think about it? i have no specific idea on how to readjust it but i think its a thing to be improved in some way

Level 5
Here is another bug:

The first boss in dungeon3 after the weaves sometimes just turn around in fight and run back over the bridge. Only the neutral units can follow him and die then.

As you see on the screenshot the boss now has also the spells curse and the aoe stun spell from the orc in the arena.

Level 5
Make crucify damage based on spellpower and attackpower, or decrease its cooldown, or add some items that increase spellpower for crusaders(shields, rings, armors...).

Also the Bard Skill Song of Vigor should be reworked into something that add HP instead of str, that way the buff would be good for all classes. And it won't get overpowered if you add it with a low amount of HP per lvl(i.e. increases HP points by caster lvl*3HP or caster lvl*4HP).

And add some interiors for Mytargas xD.

Level 10
This is just me blabing and I know it will probably never happen but you know what would be awesome is if some of the houses in Mytargas that you could go in were mini-game houses like Zelda lol.

Level 2
Here is another bug:

The first boss in dungeon3 after the weaves sometimes just turn around in fight and run back over the bridge. Only the neutral units can follow him and die then.

As you see on the screenshot the boss now has also the spells curse and the aoe stun spell from the orc in the arena.

thats a bug.... xD not happened to me yet.. must be fixed!

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
that has happened to me once or twice too
Maybe you just outranged the mobs?
But I will add something that prevents the neutrals from chasing escaping mobs. This will hopefully also remove the Gaspode exploits.

So here's my current list of spells collected for the classes which I think match the intended class roles the most:
Note that all of these spells are not final in terms of balancing. But the general ideas are pretty much set now. Feel free to suggest other ideas though, if you really think it is a good one.

Bishop:
Plane Shift
The Bishop turns partially invisible for the next 4 seconds, removing all threat generated. The bishop can not move, cast or attack during that duration. CD: 90 seconds.

Freedom
Target can not be stunned for 15 seconds. CD: 30 seconds.

Adjustments:
- Removing the damage component of Burst of Light
- Judgement will deal less damage when the bishop is affected by Weakened Soul
- Renamed Judgement to Soul Strike to match that change

Monk:
Divine Fist
Successful melee-hits dealt by the monk on the debuffed target during the next 2 seconds increases elemental damage dealt by the monk by 5%. Stacks up to 10 times. Every hit resets the 2 second timer. If it reaches 10 stacks, the target will be hit by a burst of a random element, stunning it for 2 seconds and dealing massive damage. With "Steel Body" active, will also deal a huge amount of threat. CD: 25 seconds.

Stone Skin
All damage taken by the monk will be halfed for rage*0,1 seconds. CD: 60 seconds; consumes rage

Adjustments:
- (if not already in) When steel body is active, all elemental damage dealt will generate additional threat
- Removing the damage component of Burst of Light
- Judgement will deal less damage when the bishop is affected by Weakened Soul
- Renamed Judgement to Soul Strike to match that change

Berserker:
Berserker Rage
When activated, increases attackpower by 1% and attackspeed by 0.5%, but also increases the damage taken by 1,5% with every successful melee hit. Stacks up to 20 times. Resets when out of combat. CD: 50 seconds.

Lightning Blade:
The Berserker slashes through all targets in a straight line up to a range of 400 and then jumps back to the initial position. Deals melee damage * 0,8 damage. CD: 40 seconds.

Adjustments:
- Future drops will have more crusader and berserker-specific armor pieces to seperate the class roles also in terms of gear (more attack, less armor and HP)

Crusader:
Crusade:
(Passive) The Crusader deals 30% of his Spellpower as holy damage with every successful melee hit. The Crusader also gains 1 additional point of attack power for each intelligence point.

Celestial Thorns
All ordinary melee damage dealt to the Crusader is reflected back at the target as DamageTaken*Spellpower*0,01 holy damage. Damage caused by this reflection effect can not be reflected again and generates twice the amount of threat. Stacks with Fire Shield.

Adjustments:
- Future drops will have more crusader and berserker-specific armor pieces to seperate the class roles also in terms of gear (more armor, more HP)

Hunter:
Beast Fury
Your servant deals damage equal to 0,2*armor(enemy)*attackpower(owner) and stuns the target for 1 second. CD: 40 seconds

Beastial Rage
(Passive) Your servant gains 35% resistance against all elements, Every successful melee hit by the servant increases rage of the owner by 1. Your servant gains 1 additional attack power per level.

Adjustments:
- increased attack power and armor penetration of the pet for all levels

Druid:
Nymph's Call
Summons a spirit to your aid that lasts for 30 seconds. The spirit will heal wounded allies around it with small direct heals. CD: 35 seconds

Efreet's Call
Summons a spirit to your aid that lasts for 30 seconds. The spirit will throw fireballs at the selected target of the spell. Those fireballs will not cause threat for the druid. If the target dies, the Efreet will return to its home-plane. CD: 35 seconds

Adjustments:
- increased attack power and armor penetration of the pet for all levels

Assassin
Into The Shades
Allows the assassin to enter stealth mode during combat, removing all threat and allowing sneak attacks. CD: 35 seconds

Coup de Grace
Deals melee damage * 1,5 to the target. If the target is casting or stunned, deals melee damage * 3 damage. CD: 25 seconds.

Bard:
Song of Truth
Increases all elemental damage dealt by 15%, including weapon proccs and all other sources of elemental damage. Only one song can be active per target.

Song of Youth
Increases healing received by 25%. Only one song can be active per target.

Sorcerer:
Spell Trap
The next source of elemental damage to the caster is negated and thrown back onto the damage source. Reflected damage can not be reflected again. CD: 45 seconds

Lightning Charge
Deals lightning damage to the target.*
(*this spell is spamable and deals around the same damage as fireball, but does not have an AoE component. In combination with the soaked debuff, this spell is superior in DPS)

Adjustments:
- Lightning Strike is replaced by Meteor Strike, reducing the damage dealt but splitting the damage to be partial non-elemental and fire-elemental.
- Lightning Strike will be completely removed by the game, to avoid some spell-related crashes especially for skeleton mages in D3
- Water Globe will now add a "soaked" debuff to the target, increasing lightning damage dealt to the target by 25%

Necromancer:
Summon Skeleton Mage
summons a skeletal mage to your assistance that throws shadowbolts at the minion target.

Detonating Bones
Destroys one of your skeletons and deals damage to all enemies within a small radius as well as reducing armor to those targets. Does not stack with other armor reduction skills. Consumes rage. CD: 75 seconds.

Adjustments:
- Increased HP, attack power and armor penetration of skeletons for all levels
- Lightning Strike is replaced by Meteor Strike, reducing the damage dealt but splitting the damage to be partial non-elemental and fire-elemental.
- Lightning Strike will be completely removed by the game, to avoid some spell-related crashes especially for skeleton mages in D3
- Water Globe will now add a "soaked" debuff to the target, increasing lightning damage dealt to the target by 25%

Last edited:
Level 4
Crusader:
Crusade:
(Passive) The Crusader deals 15% of his Spellpower as holy damage with every successful melee hit, increases evasion by 5%, increases shield bash damage by 50%.
i think the %spellpower is a bit low. i made math and right now 40 crus exchanges 20 dmg from str for 5.55 holy dmg based on 37 base int that he can get. 5.55 is nowhere near to 20, if it was being intended to balance. even with the 15% sp bonus dmg, crus has weakened shield slam (less str), gaping wounds (less atk power) and hateful strike (less atk power). in this case crusader needs int or sp coming from items in order to regain its power. also taunt could be aoe skill.. since all the other skills will now deal less dmg which means less threat acquired

Status
Not open for further replies.