• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gaias 1.2 ... and yes, I'm not joking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
yes, with every hit he doesnt miss. if he hits, he deals 15% of his spellpower as holy dmg. what are u trying to say?

Level 10
Don't forget that the bard has a buff song that increases spell power damage and that that new skill will stack up to 10 times and do a massive explosion of elemental damage when it hits 10. I think if anything the amount of damage will be TOO high in the long run, but it's hard to say until we see it in game play

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
i think the %spellpower is a bit low. i made math and right now 40 crus exchanges 20 dmg from str for 5.55 holy dmg based on 37 base int that he can get. 5.55 is nowhere near to 20, if it was being intended to balance. even with the 15% sp bonus dmg, crus has weakened shield slam (less str), gaping wounds (less atk power) and hateful strike (less atk power). in this case crusader needs int or sp coming from items in order to regain its power. also taunt could be aoe skill.. since all the other skills will now deal less dmg which means less threat acquired
Thanks for that comment. This is what I call helpful criticism. Please more like that. :)

Basicly, I like the idea of adding holy damage to melee attacks ... but I agree that it comes with a downfall of damage for all Squire skills. I thought about it a little bit and came up with a new idea of how to make Int a useful stat for crusaders:

Crusade:
(Passive) The Crusader deals 30% of his Spellpower as holy damage with every successful melee hit. The Crusader also gains 1 additional point of attack power for each intelligence point.
While Str is still superior in raw melee damage (Shield Bash synergy, armor penetration and crit damage bonus), speccing a little bit of Int should now increase dps instead of reducing it (synergy with crucify and stacked up holy damage). Remember that the crusader is not primarily made for dealing damage, but for dealing threat. If I feel that the amount of threat generated by a spellpower-enhanced crucify is too low, I will increase the threat modifier.

Don't forget that the bard has a buff song that increases spell power damage and that that new skill will stack up to 10 times and do a massive explosion of elemental damage when it hits 10. I think if anything the amount of damage will be TOO high in the long run, but it's hard to say until we see it in game play
You are mistaking the crusader spell with the monk ability.
For the monk, the high percentage makes sense, as the only source of elemental damage for the monk comes from weapon procs (for judgement, the duration is too short - but the synergy effect with curse might be a little bit too much ... I will try that out later and if the damage is too high, I will remove the synergy by not considering shadow damage as elemental damage).

One thing I need help with: Can someone please test wether hateful strike suffers from the same bug as bash? Test it on a stun immune mob (for example a boss) ... I need to clarify that one before I can fix the bug.

Last edited:
Level 5
You said stacked up holy damage, whats the maximum stack? Because if there is no cap this can be kinda OP in boss fights. Crucify CD could be reduced since squire damage skills like hatefull strike, gasping wounds and shield bash will get reduced damage if you chose int. About the other suggested skill that returns 10% of the damage as holy damage to the attacker this is very underpowered, if a sader take a 100 melee damage he will return 10 to the attacker... useless since saders take low damages like 20~30 from strong mobs, it'll return 2~3 damage.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
You said stacked up holy damage, whats the maximum stack? Because if there is no cap this can be kinda OP in boss fights. Crucify CD could be reduced since squire damage skills like hatefull strike, gasping wounds and shield bash will get reduced damage if you chose int. About the other suggested skill that returns 10% of the damage as holy damage to the attacker this is very underpowered, if a sader take a 100 melee damage he will return 10 to the attacker... useless since saders take low damages like 20~30 from strong mobs, it'll return 2~3 damage.
It does not stack. This will be a flat 30% bonus.

Remember that this reflect damage is a bonus that happens without doing anything. And plus the overall damage is higher the more enemies attack - and plus the damage component is not what is important, but the threat it causes. I think people still think that crusaders are meant to deal the same damage as other classes. This is totally wrong.
But I could adjust the damage formula of the reflection depending on how it turns out. I could also take the pre-armor damage as calculation basis - that way stacking up more and more armor will not result in dealing less threat.

Level 5
@ Zwiebelchen:

The Leitnent boss runs randomly back over the bridge. He didnt even kill one single unit and then turns around and runs back over the bridge.

The 2 mob places near andrazzar ar bound together like this:
1. round: the mobs in front of andrazzar are linked to him.
resetted rounds: the 2 mob placed are linked to eachover but not anymore to andrazzar
--> i think this is because of the skeleton mage changing poistion after resetting

Also many skeleton archers have no mana in the first round but in the resettet rounds they have mana, or if u force them to reset while in first dungeon run they will have mana too.

Level 2
Adjustments:
- Future drops will have more crusader and berserker-specific armor pieces to seperate the class roles also in terms of gear (more attack, less armor and HP)

ill suggest to add Plate armors that can be only used for Crusader.

Level 4
Thanks for that comment. This is what I call helpful criticism. Please more like that. :)

Basicly, I like the idea of adding holy damage to melee attacks ... but I agree that it comes with a downfall of damage for all Squire skills. I thought about it a little bit and came up with a new idea of how to make Int a useful stat for crusaders:

While Str is still superior in raw melee damage (Shield Bash synergy, armor penetration and crit damage bonus), speccing a little bit of Int should now increase dps instead of reducing it (synergy with crucify and stacked up holy damage). Remember that the crusader is not primarily made for dealing damage, but for dealing threat. If I feel that the amount of threat generated by a spellpower-enhanced crucify is too low, I will increase the threat modifier.

big ups for ur idea, what only the tanker-agro holder needs now is just aoe taunt. even if quire archetype skills will deal less damage, the taunt will cover up for this by causing inavoidable aoe threat

when 1.2 might come out?

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
when 1.2 might come out?
As I haven't started creating new content yet and I'm still fixing some old bugs, you can still expect this to take a rather long time.

I'm currently trying to fix the bash bug and realized that I can not do that without completely remastering the spellcasting script.
Thanks again blizzard for these great fuck-ups -_-'

Level 2
Hello forum.
First of all i would like to apologize for my bad english. I`ve read all the posts till now and decided to propose some skills and changes to itens and other skills.

Squire/Crusader/Zerk:

- Since Crusader is supposed to be more of a "mob tanking class" than "boss tanking class" it should receive a skill that increases armor based on number of enemies hitting him (e.g. amor + X*(number of targets challenging)), Name: "Divine Strength".
- "The Eternal Embrace" should have it´s armor reduced, to reduce Zerks capability of tanking and to not overpower "Divine Strength".
- Many people (not me) complain about low FPS while crucify is been cast.
- Taunt should be AoE.
- I really liked the skill proposed for the Zerk, but i don´t think damage should be based on percentage, or if it does, it should be like accumulated (the effect happens over the effect, like accumulated interest (don´t know how to say this)).
- Crusaders shouldn´t be allowed to use 2H weapons.
- Zerks shouldn´t be allowed to use shields.

Mage/Necromancer:

- Mage´s dispel should remove positive buffs on enemies. #edit
- Skeletons stats (life/armor/damage) are based on the Necromancer´s level, it should be based on spell power.
- Necro should have a debuff called "Curse", the debuff should reduce enemies elemental resist and give "miss chance" based on the necro´s level and on the enemies level. (i.e. -resists = necro_lvl*(x)/enemy_level ; miss_chance: necro_lvl*(y)/enemy_level). Effect on AoE. #edit
- I really liked the "Detonating Bones" skill.
- Skulls should have other buffs than "increases attack speed of minions".

Ranger/Hunter/Druid:

- Kind of useless, but anyway Ranger should be the name of the 2º job instead of Hunter, the second one would be the name of the 1º job.
- Quivers should give armor penetration, the Hunter has too little of it.
- Druids should receive a "non-cast" heal, but with bigger CD.
- I really liked the changes on the pet, but you shouldn´t only focus on him.

Bard:

- "Song of Youth" is kind of useless, a good healer may heal about 700 in one cast. It would be better if it reduces damage taken.

Monk/Bishop:

- Bishop should receive some kind of "dispel".
- Mana cost and CD of "Symbol of fury" should be reduced (CD to 25 ~ 20 secs, Mana cost to 10 ~ 15).
- Monk should have better resists, since most bosses uses more spell casting than properly hitting.
- "Steel body" should only reduce heal by half. Also reduce to 0 all heals casted by the monk.
- IF the damage from "burst of light" get removed from undead, the mobs near "Lord Androzzar" in d3 should be corrected (to not aggro the boss).

Thank for the time and the map. It´s awesome.

Last edited:
Level 4
@up

i have to disagree with a lot what u said.

squire/crus/zerk
crusader is a tanker, no matter what is the enemy - boss or mob or groups of mobs or whatever, he is still a tanker and is supposed to hold the agro. besides that with proper math and some logical thinking - the more mobs atk u, the higher ur armor will be. which makes it OP if u lure ~15 mobs on u giving u +15 armor to what u already have, making u take even less damage from each enemy lol. it will even pay off to lure more groups on u for better boost than killing groups alone - what is safer. this sounds dumb, doesnt it?
i dont see a reason why would eternal embrace have less armor. its a tanker armor requiring 2 mana crystals = some work. why weaken it?
yeah, i agree with the low fps when casting crucify
indeed, taunt should be aoe
dont know what u mean about the zerk skill
cruses and zerks should be able to swap gear in case of need. they lose their skills during 1h/2h stance anyway, why dont allow it - makes no sense

ranger/hunter/druid
theres a quiver that does give armor pene, its from firelord. no need to give them so much armor pene if u have such nice crit chance ratio (my 40 hunter has 31% to score critical.. lol)
the heal seems reasonable
um, summons for druids and some serious buff for pet, thats all nice. hunter doesnt rly need any changes

monk/bishop
dispel is reserved for mage, same like taunt for squire and so on..
monk needs a buff to be useful, i agree
taking damage away from BoL is tough decision but nothing a good party cant deal with

Level 2
@up

i have to disagree with a lot what u said.

squire/crus/zerk
crusader is a tanker, no matter what is the enemy - boss or mob or groups of mobs or whatever, he is still a tanker and is supposed to hold the agro. besides that with proper math and some logical thinking - the more mobs atk u, the higher ur armor will be. which makes it OP if u lure ~15 mobs on u giving u +15 armor to what u already have, making u take even less damage from each enemy lol. it will even pay off to lure more groups on u for better boost than killing groups alone - what is safer. this sounds dumb, doesnt it?

When I proposed the skill, It was my idea to decrease Crusader´s ability to tank bosses so that the monk wouldn´t be considered useless but most players as tank in dungeons. But a Crusader would still be of use when tanking boss, most of then summon adds increasing the Crusader´s armor.

i dont see a reason why would eternal embrace have less armor. its a tanker armor requiring 2 mana crystals = some work. why weaken it?

Both you and I know that most people didn´t farm the mana crystals, someone bought then using share.

dont know what u mean about the zerk skill

The skill proposed by Zwieb is this one:
"Berserker Rage
When activated, increases attackpower by 1% and attackspeed by 0.5%, but also increases the damage taken by 1,5% with every successful melee hit. Stacks up to 20 times. Resets when out of combat. CD: 50 seconds."

I said that attack power was proposed to be increased in %, but It would be better if increased in absolute values. (e.g When activated, increases attackpower by 1 and attackspeed by 0.5%, but also increases the damage taken by 1,5% with every successful melee hit. Stacks up to 20 times. Resets when out of combat. CD: 50 seconds.)

cruses and zerks should be able to swap gear in case of need. they lose their skills during 1h/2h stance anyway, why dont allow it - makes no sense

Yeah, thinking again, really seems a dumb idea.

ranger/hunter/druid
theres a quiver that does give armor pene, its from firelord. no need to give them so much armor pene if u have such nice crit chance ratio (my 40 hunter has 31% to score critical.. lol)

Didn´t know that the quiver from firelord give arp.

um, summons for druids and some serious buff for pet, thats all nice. hunter doesnt rly need any changes

Well, i just don´t agree that all changes must be made on the pet, bosses like firelord that have AoE skills would kill the pet in 10 secs and the hunter would "lose" it´s new skills.

monk/bishop
dispel is reserved for mage, same like taunt for squire and so on..

My idea was to remove dispel from party members from Mage and pass for Cleric. Mage would receive a enemy dispel.

Level 5
Don't decrease the eternal embrace armor it makes no sense, squires deal less damage than any other classes because of their tanking skills, its not fair with the squire classes to reduce its armor.
Ranger pet need more hp, more element resists and more armor penetration not new attacking skills, pet has the claw attack already. You should add a new skill to the ranger itself not the pet. Something thats is needed for balance is to add a quiver that drops in d1 since the first quiver is droping from d2 last boss, this isn't fair with the ranger that get his misc item after every other classes.

Level 4
yeah, theres just 2 quivers in the game. well, maybe adding crossbows to the game? hunter doesnt rly need any buff, maybe a skill but if not damaging one, maybe slowing? or reducing attack rate? no idea :d

To many previous comments:
Quivers: This issue has already been addressed plenty of times. I do hope zwieb adds at least one more quiver, and I've already made quiver models if he wants some.
However, there are misc items that an archer can use other than quivers; there are various crit gloves and rings for early-game archers.
AoE Taunt?: No, this is an awful idea. If taunt was AoE, then tanks would no longer have to skillfully obtain threat by strategically casting their abilities. Taunt must remain single-target. Shout serves as good AoE threat, and you can stack onto this by also casting your other skills.
Lowering the armor of Eternal Embrace?: No, it should remain the way it is; it's already difficult to obtain, and so it should stay at it's strength.

Level 5
To many previous comments:
Quivers: This issue has already been addressed plenty of times. I do hope zwieb adds at least one more quiver, and I've already made quiver models if he wants some.
However, there are misc items that an archer can use other than quivers; there are various crit gloves and rings for early-game archers.

Actualy there aren't misc items that an archer can use, your confusing misc item with accessory, yeah there are rings and so but they are accessory and the quiver is a misc item.
And Zwiebelchen i've never seen that quiver that was supposed to drop from the gnoll magi, like fifek said there are just 2 quivers in the game right now, thats the why i suggested another quiver to drop in d1.

Zwielbechen i have a question: Will we ever see any Mytargas interior?

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
I have another suggestion: Create a smaller part of dungeon 4 with entrance only for max 2 players. This area would have the best accesories/minor gear parts in dungeon 4, thus giving players a reason to go there instead of just skipping it for the big dungeon. This would create some diversity to the endgame and also counter the sad fact that you have to have at least 4-5 players available to do anything at high lvl, although having them remains the most optimal solution (the big dungeon would of course be the only place to get all other highend armor).

If you want some rping excuse for this design, it could be something like: (Captain:)"The <insert evil boss name> is aware of you slaying the Fire Lord and he will surely flee in cowardice if he sees all of you coming at him. The two most capable of you will have to go in there alone unless you want him to run away"

Hope you get my point, my english isn't that good :).

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
I have another suggestion: Create a smaller part of dungeon 4 with entrance only for max 2 players. This area would have the best accesories/minor gear parts in dungeon 4, thus giving players a reason to go there instead of just skipping it for the big dungeon. This would create some diversity to the endgame and also counter the sad fact that you have to have at least 4-5 players available to do anything at high lvl, although having them remains the most optimal solution (the big dungeon would of course be the only place to get all other highend armor).

If you want some rping excuse for this design, it could be something like: (Captain:)"The <insert evil boss name> is aware of you slaying the Fire Lord and he will surely flee in cowardice if he sees all of you coming at him. The two most capable of you will have to go in there alone unless you want him to run away"

Hope you get my point, my english isn't that good :).
Won't work, as 2-player gaming can't be balanced to create encounters that are actually challenging.
Besides, 2 player dungeons would favor certain classes and class cominations that are far superior than other combinations.
Squire + Cleric will always have it easier than Mage + Thief. I think you get the idea.

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
Won't work, as 2-player gaming can't be balanced to create encounters that are actually challenging.
Besides, 2 player dungeons would favor certain classes and class cominations that are far superior than other combinations.
Squire + Cleric will always have it easier than Mage + Thief. I think you get the idea.

ye i see, it could be more script based than class based, but of course its up to you and i understand if you don't feel like doing something like this :).

Level 10
I agree that 2-player dungeons are not a good idea since the game is balanced around 5man dungeons and there would be certain classes that would be favored, however I rather liked the one man class specific dungeons for the quest change. Perhaps 5 individual solo class dungeons that could be repeated for some type of class specific gear though that seems like a lot of terraining and scripting (essentially making 5 more small dungeons) and that may not be worth the time and effort.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
I agree that 2-player dungeons are not a good idea since the game is balanced around 5man dungeons and there would be certain classes that would be favored, however I rather liked the one man class specific dungeons for the quest change. Perhaps 5 individual solo class dungeons that could be repeated for some type of class specific gear though that seems like a lot of terraining and scripting (essentially making 5 more small dungeons) and that may not be worth the time and effort.
How about that: I will add an encounter to the new 5-man dungeon that throws the players into seperate mini 1-man dungeons depending on the class. However, this would make problems with multi-class instancability.

Great news btw:
I talked to Muzzel yesterday and he pointed out something I never knew when triggering (if you're reading this: You are a genius, dude!).
I now know why on some machines the map crashes when attacking the first wolf. To be honest: it's almost a miracle that the map actually WORKED on so many machines - I'm gonna fix this bug now and we will hopefully see much less crashes in the future because of that.

Level 5
How about that: I will add an encounter to the new 5-man dungeon that throws the players into seperate mini 1-man dungeons depending on the class. However, this would make problems with multi-class instancability.
You said i will then you said this would .-. , can't get it it will be added or not? you meant you will add but then the new dungeon will require one class of each type or you won't add it because off the multi class thing?

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
You said i will then you said this would .-. , can't get it it will be added or not? you meant you will add but then the new dungeon will require one class of each type or you won't add it because off the multi class thing?
I meant it as a part of a boss encounter in the 5-man dungeon. The boss casts a spell that throws the players into the mini dungeons that need to be finished in order to beat the boss.

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
Ye that would be cool Zwei, still doesn't counter the full team req. but nevermind i suppose. It's just soooo hard to find people to play with and much harder to find high lvl people these days. :(

Level 4
seriously determined people aren't low lvl lol. im active all the time! i've soloed my way to lvl 40 with my hunter, made today lvl 41 on ogres with crusader..

Level 4
btw reinforced helmet also gives +3 str which isnt on the item description
if u type -resists it says "Fire reistance" instead of resistance
.. just few typos :p

Level 5
Hello everyone,

I have also found out that dodge doesnt work if creeps hit you into your back, eg.g if you have a monk with 80% evasion, creeps which hit you from behind wwont miss you. I guess thats intended or Zwiebelchen, nice job ;)

I actually think monk is pretty decent and may be able to solo firelord. I tried with bishop but unfortunately the fire brutes respawn to fast for him that kiting doesnt work, Blazing Flame seems to be able to summon new minions while the other are still active fighting 5 minions same time aint funny.

I just had again some bugs with items which I dropped and wanted to pick them up again. It said "you cant pick up loaded or saved items from other people. I think this happens after you find a spell like for example burst of light. Thisis what happend: I solod Gaeles Tar in D1 and used Thaumaturgists Robe for the fire resistance with my monk, the boss dropped BoL and I picked it up happily, after that I dropped my Thaumaturgists to change back to Robe of Swiftness, since I placed Thauma on the ground it said I cant pick it up. So I had to choose whether to save and keep BoL or Thauma and I choosed BoL :). But since BoL dropped again this time from D2 Tidehunter Boss, I fastly reloaded my Char to have both (Thauma+BoL again) and saved then. I then tried to get the bug again and dropped 2 items on the ground, and yes actually I couldnt pick them up. It said the same story again that I wouldnt be able to pick up save/loaded items from other people.

I have some suggestions again:

Can you add buyable spells which atm can only be found from bosses to be bought in Mytargas from the corresponding Guild Masters. I think no one has really fun in grinding low level bosses for hours just to find the best spells, you could add a good price to them like e.g. 1 mana crytsal and 3000 gold. This way you need to make D3 first to buy them.

Level 2
Can you add buyable spells which atm can only be found from bosses to be bought in Mytargas from the corresponding Guild Masters. I think no one has really fun in grinding low level bosses for hours just to find the best spells, you could add a good price to them like e.g. 1 mana crytsal and 3000 gold. This way you need to make D3 first to buy them.

Dude u already have two buyable spells, one for 1k another for 5k, and u dont really need to grind them for hours, all world bosses drops first one, d1/d2 drops second, ofc if u r terribly unlucky and u cant get it in 10 runs thats another story. Second of all read posts before, Zwie already told like 70% of spells he gonna add.

Nice, should be fun ;] Maybe u already know what theme D4 gonna have ? So we could make some suggestions regarding class mini-dungeons.

Level 4
Hello everyone,
[...]
I have some suggestions again:

big up for this! i cant get my barbed arrow since weeks and im doing d3 already >.< waste time grinding in d2 just for that

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
big up for this! i cant get my barbed arrow since weeks and im doing d3 already >.< waste time grinding in d2 just for that
Remember that the number of spells available with the upcoming D4 will be higher than the maximum number of spells you can have active the same time. (currently only 9 active spells are allowed at the same time ... this is why there is the unlearn option) ... so it was never intended at the first place anyway that all players will have the same spells. A bit of luck can't hurt if you ask me.
But I will think about it as it would be a useful gold and mana crystal dump.

I just had again some bugs with items which I dropped and wanted to pick them up again. It said "you cant pick up loaded or saved items from other people. I think this happens after you find a spell like for example burst of light. Thisis what happend: I solod Gaeles Tar in D1 and used Thaumaturgists Robe for the fire resistance with my monk, the boss dropped BoL and I picked it up happily, after that I dropped my Thaumaturgists to change back to Robe of Swiftness, since I placed Thauma on the ground it said I cant pick it up. So I had to choose whether to save and keep BoL or Thauma and I choosed BoL :). But since BoL dropped again this time from D2 Tidehunter Boss, I fastly reloaded my Char to have both (Thauma+BoL again) and saved then. I then tried to get the bug again and dropped 2 items on the ground, and yes actually I couldnt pick them up. It said the same story again that I wouldnt be able to pick up save/loaded items from other people.
Thanks for telling me how to reproduce the bug. See people? This is how I need bug reports... like this I am actually able to fix bugs.

PS: I now updated the known issues thread in the bug reports forums. Please dont report bugs stated there anymore.

PS2: Just to throw you a bone ... I think I already said it somewhere, but D4 will be a giant floating island somewhat Avatar-style. I will also add a small new questing area in the southeast of the farmland area that is mountain-themed and will have a small dwarven village and mobs that will level your way to level 50. You can also buy one of your new spells there for gold and mana crystals.

Level 5
PS2: Just to throw you a bone ... I think I already said it somewhere, but D4 will be a giant floating island somewhat Avatar-style. I will also add a small new questing area in the southeast of the farmland area that is mountain-themed and will have a small dwarven village and mobs that will level your way to level 50. You can also buy one of your new spells there for gold and mana crystals.

OMG zwieb this is the first post you wrote about that mountain-themed area that i'll be awesome. What level will the new mobs be? you'll need to lvl in d3 before them? or you can make it like ogres -> new mobs?

And I'm posting here to suggest you to add something like a trigger that don't allow players to solo bosses using spots where the bosses "can't reach" (i.e. the giant wolf), you could add something like: if the boss is taking damage,trying to use a skill or attack a player and haven't dealt any damage in the last ## seconds he gets reseted to his original position and recovers life, like when you outrange the mobs.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
OMG zwieb this is the first post you wrote about that mountain-themed area that i'll be awesome. What level will the new mobs be? you'll need to lvl in d3 before them? or you can make it like ogres -> new mobs?

And I'm posting here to suggest you to add something like a trigger that don't allow players to solo bosses using spots where the bosses "can't reach" (i.e. the giant wolf), you could add something like: if the boss is taking damage,trying to use a skill or attack a player and haven't dealt any damage in the last ## seconds he gets reseted to his original position and recovers life, like when you outrange the mobs.
And what if you kite the boss? I don't want to take out that possibility. I think I will just reduce the collision size of the bosses and its fine.

Level 2
What about world bosses ? U gonna add some world bosses ? Plus another idea is that u could add world boss for lvling and items for pre-D4 (like Sanev and Golem for d2 lets say) and another one equal to D4 boss, which could be made only with exact strategy with 3 or 4 people (like it was in old-school pre-Burning Crusade WoW with dragons), even he could drop key-like quest item for entrance to D4 or res-stuff items (like fire-res stuff from D3).

Level 10
I know that it has been suggested multiple times to add a harder difficulty to dungeons however I have another suggestion to this idea. With the news of a new mountain themed questing zone to be released that will allow players to level up to level 50 (which to my understanding is the max level) perhaps there could be some kind of activating trigger or something that allows level 50's to enter older dungeons (in particular d1 & d2) where the dungeon is modified for level 50's. Essentially then At level 50 you could run every single dungeon in the game and it will be as challenging for players as if they were in the level range then adding more variety to which dungeons people would want to choose to run at max level thus adding a more *end game* feel

On a side note I have been playing Guild Wars a lot lately and I've noticed that a lot of the bosses and such are above the maxi um level attained by players. If you want to make some really hard bosses in an end game type dungeon maybe make them like level 51-55's so that way even max level players with full gear will not truely be able to solo them and making it more team based and skill based at highest power

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
I know that it has been suggested multiple times to add a harder difficulty to dungeons however I have another suggestion to this idea. With the news of a new mountain themed questing zone to be released that will allow players to level up to level 50 (which to my understanding is the max level) perhaps there could be some kind of activating trigger or something that allows level 50's to enter older dungeons (in particular d1 & d2) where the dungeon is modified for level 50's. Essentially then At level 50 you could run every single dungeon in the game and it will be as challenging for players as if they were in the level range then adding more variety to which dungeons people would want to choose to run at max level thus adding a more *end game* feel
I agree with you on that one and its not completely impossible. I could add a "heroic" button to the entry circles that replaces all mobs inside with new ones.
However, the amount of work is very high, as I would have to recreate all mobs, add new boss spells and of course, dozens of new items.
Maybe I will add this in a 1.3 version some time. Depends.

On a side note I have been playing Guild Wars a lot lately and I've noticed that a lot of the bosses and such are above the maxi um level attained by players. If you want to make some really hard bosses in an end game type dungeon maybe make them like level 51-55's so that way even max level players with full gear will not truely be able to solo them and making it more team based and skill based at highest power
Sure, this sounds good to me. The max creature level is 60 anyway.

I'm still remastering the spell trigger ... but I will continue today. When this is done, the Bash bug should be gone and I can then try to figure out the next issue with the sometimes bugged item picking. The most gamebreaking bugs should be fixed then.

Btw, after I finished fixing all the major and minor bugs, I will release a 1.1f version, of course and start working on the new content.

Level 5
harlemo suggested adding more "world" bosses, i think more bosses outside dungeons would be nice to make the game less "dungeon repeating oriented". Maybe an Ogre Warlord in the patch for the dwarven town, a boss in the sewers (in the place where you find the mushrooms of the gaias retaliation part II, to make the quest harder even if the boss would be optional) and a Gnoll Overseer or something like...

Level 2
Druid:
Nymph's Call
Summons a spirit to your aid that lasts for 30 seconds. The spirit will heal wounded allies around it with small direct heals. CD: 35 seconds

Efreet's Call
Summons a spirit to your aid that lasts for 30 seconds. The spirit will throw fireballs at the selected target of the spell. Those fireballs will not cause threat for the druid. If the target dies, the Efreet will return to its home-plane. CD: 35 seconds

Adjustments:
- increased attack power and armor penetration of the pet for all levels

About the changes for Druid I really miss legendary damage spells such as - Starfall or Entangling Roots (I know it's already bored and banal). Lets say You could make instead of Efreet's call - Starfall, You can make lots of different ways of usage: channeling/instant, aoe/single, ministun/daze and so on. About hunters trap You could change it to Entangling roots with influence from spell power (so for Hunters it wont be too overpowered and for Druid its going to be even minor damaging spell). As he's not the best healer nor best damager, would be pretty nice mix with healing/spd. Just my opinion about it, I'm not even going ask to make it Intelligence based hero-.-

I may also suggest boss for spiders e.g. brood mother

I was thinking more of strategy requared world boss for 3/4 people (2/3 with decent gear) with even possible crystals drop (as Zwie told it might be good idea for selling spells with requirement for it, because still most of people gonna play solo/dual so it will be easyer for them to farm crystals) or even legendary item.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
About the changes for Druid I really miss legendary damage spells such as - Starfall or Entangling Roots (I know it's already bored and banal). Lets say You could make instead of Efreet's call - Starfall, You can make lots of different ways of usage: channeling/instant, aoe/single, ministun/daze and so on. About hunters trap You could change it to Entangling roots with influence from spell power (so for Hunters it wont be too overpowered and for Druid its going to be even minor damaging spell). As he's not the best healer nor best damager, would be pretty nice mix with healing/spd. Just my opinion about it, I'm not even going ask to make it Intelligence based hero-.-
First: Druid will never be intelligence-based (from the object data point of view), as this would mess up the balancing. Druid was meant as a hybrid and actually works pretty well in that role. If you decide to play druid as a healer, you can perform pretty well, if you give it a chance. The new spirits will make sure the druid will come closer to its intended role: a "true" healer class with a little bit of damage utility for the group. As both spirits do not require any interaction of the druid (except for summoning them, of course), the druid will fill its hybrid role much better, as you basicly now have the TIME to do both: healing and dealing damage. The spirit will take care of the healing while you can support with extra heals here and there when its needed and use your ranger abilities to deal damage, support, etc. when its not needed.
The efreet's damage will be affected by your spellpower.

Also I personally dont feel the same way about druids as blizzard did. My spells and classes were always a little dungeons-and-dragons orientated; so in my oppinion, druids are more of a healer and summoning class instead of some kind of nature-damage-pal.

I was thinking more of strategy requared world boss for 3/4 people (2/3 with decent gear) with even possible crystals drop (as Zwie told it might be good idea for selling spells with requirement for it, because still most of people gonna play solo/dual so it will be easyer for them to farm crystals) or even legendary item.
Well, I could indeed let it drop crystals. Seems fair to me, as D3 gives access to crystals and the new world boss will be higher level than D3 bosses. However, the Boss will not be soloable. As all world bosses, this one will be designed for 4 people, depending on the equipment also for 3.

Btw, I am currently thinking about increasing the level-difference of hero-stats. Currently you can raise a stat every two levels. As this usually causes mono-builds, I was thinking about increasing the gap to three levels (except for constitution and wisdom, which will stay at two levels for obvious reasons).
What do you guys think of that?
This will also improve the balancing as hybrid classes will not be outperformed as much as currently and mages and clerics can not go for extreme int-cons-builds anymore.

I also thought about adding some more utility to the wisdom stat as it currently seems a little bit underpowered (nobody speccs it more often that just 3 or 4 points). I thought about completely removing the "vanilla" manareg and replace it with a scripted one that is depending on a certain new item stat (or will simply not happen during spellcasting).
I felt like the current manareg system rendered mana-management trivial.

Level 2
Intelligence grants spell power and mana reg, wisdom grants mana points. Possibly interchange these, whereby intelligence grants spell power and mana points, and wisdom grants mana reg.

Wisdom would then become a whole lot more useful for thieves and rangers as well, and mages/clerics wouldn't be able to only spec int and cons, and would require wisdom, as would all mana dependant classes.

Level 2
The efreet's damage will be affected by your spellpower.

Also I personally dont feel the same way about druids as blizzard did. My spells and classes were always a little dungeons-and-dragons orientated; so in my oppinion, druids are more of a healer and summoning class instead of some kind of nature-damage-pal.

Still it's true, its Yours unique map with Your hard-work and fantasy in it, can't argue about making everything as blizzard does.

I also thought about adding some more utility to the wisdom stat as it currently seems a little bit underpowered (nobody speccs it more often that just 3 or 4 points). I thought about completely removing the "vanilla" manareg and replace it with a scripted one that is depending on a certain new item stat (or will simply not happen during spellcasting).

Ehm, My opinion is to increase crit bonus from Agility (150% is balanced but with full agi build u can't reach something special, not talking about Assassin ofc). About wisdom - personaly I putted Wisdom 3-4 points max only for my Druid full build(and beggining for Cleric/Sorc), ofc it depends on item you have. For Wisdom I would put Mana+Spell Crit Chance or EVEN Spell Crit DMG (make it like 200% with decent D4 items, it's gonna be awesome), leave Mana reg for intelligence. Question now is what to put to Constitution as HP-reg is not available :eek: Everything depends on how it's going to change balance of the game and how much work you need to make that.

Level 10
Btw, I am currently thinking about increasing the level-difference of hero-stats. Currently you can raise a stat every two levels. As this usually causes mono-builds, I was thinking about increasing the gap to three levels (except for constitution and wisdom, which will stay at two levels for obvious reasons).
What do you guys think of that?
This will also improve the balancing as hybrid classes will not be outperformed as much as currently and mages and clerics can not go for extreme int-cons-builds anymore.

I think increasing the gap to three levels would be good in many senses, but I feel as if it forces every class to hybrid split their stats. Not every class is required to get multiple stats and the ones that wish to do so have every options to do it with respeccing. It is their own fault if they choose to stay a mono stat as a hybrid class they will just be less effective since their spells require different points in different things to do more damage or healing. Basically it is up the player right now to decide how good his character is. Any noob can mono stat but the good players know better to split it up on their own. I think it will naturally balance out as more spells are added that require different stats in different points to be effective. The good players will naturally find hybrid builds to compensate for it on their own.

I agree that Wisdom is almost completely useless and needs some kind of reworking. I have no idea how to go about doing that though. The one thing I think it should not do though is give mana regen while in combat. In older versions of the game back in beta it was even more useless when players regenned mana on their own with high int. you would never run out of any mana ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.