• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gaias 1.1m OUT NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Get the latest version now at the download section of the Hive:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...9982a74b1e3d5326762539049&dateline=1357188372

CHANGELOG (v1.1M):

GENERAL:
- Switched to Nestharius' Awesome BIGINT library for saving and loading to allow MUCH LARGER savecodes
- Save commands have been changed, as the -savehd command seems to be much more popular, it is now -save, whereas the old save (display string) is now -saveold
- Rescaled almost all humanoid units and npcs to match the environment more than before
- Fixed cam modes have been altered to improve vision
- Free cam angle of attack now changes by a small amount if a high mountain is blocking the sight
- added a system that should greatly improve fps
- added a wall on the corner above the Shade encounter to disallow a ranger shooting at the shade from the other side to its spawn position
- Fixed a bug where picking up an unsaved stackable material will render a saved stack unsaved
- Fixed a bug that prevented other players from loading characters after one player exceeded the 3-load limit per game
- Fixed a bug that sometimes perma-stunned units when hit by the "shockwave" spell (i.e. Lieautenant encounter in D3)
- Fixed a bug that allowed Sergeant Gaspode to be duplicated
- Fixed Divine Fist tooltip appearing green instead of red
- Fixed Divine Fist sometimes remaining on friendly units permanently
- Fixed the duration of water globe soaked debuff
- Fixed a bug with the Coup De Grace ability not having a higher chance to score a critical hit
- Fixed the spawning of Sergeant Deakan encounter
- Pets will no longer retaliate when pet or master are attacked by friendly units
- Fixed a bug where the Nymph sometimes tried to 'heal' dead allies, thus doing nothing in combat
- Removed Divine Resistance and damage (Merged divine and magic damage into the magic damage/resistance type as I felt those two types had too much in common)
- Combat texts are now true local code to make it less likely to reach the 100 tag limit in the game in large battles
- Implemented a new, faster algorythm for adjusting HP and MP on units
- Fixed a minor bug that made picked up potions leave a small yellow dot on the ground
- Fixed a bug that allowed loading a hero before the game actually started

GAMEPLAY/BALANCING:
- All enemies will now reset their cooldowns when retreating/leaving combat (This fix was sponsored by: The Blazing Flame Corp.)
- Added a new item stat: spellhaste, a %-modifier reducing the casting/channeling time of spells (channeling spells will have a shorter interval of ticks) - down to a minimum of 0.5 seconds
- all spells that had a cooldown equal to its casting time now have a cooldown of 0.5 seconds to allow for consecutive casting with spell haste
- Layla Silverfish at the market square of Mytargas now sells access to a Personal Stash, which allows to store and save up to 12 more items
- Units can now have negative resistances.
- The CON stat now grants an increasing number of HP per skill level
- The WIS stat now grants only 12 MP per level but also an additional 2% to all resistances per level
- Magic resistances of almost all pets have been reduced a little
- Pets will not take 66% reduced damage from Boss-AOE effects anymore (however, resistance rules still apply normally)
- Pets will now intelligently try to avoid certain Boss-AOE effects to improve their use in battle
- Nymph AI script altered so that Nymphs will only cast 'Cure' on targets with less than 90% health to save mana.
- XP-drop per level difference to the killed unit has been changed from 100%/80%/60%/40%/20%/0% to 100%/86%/71%/57%/43%/0%.
- XP-curve when killing units has been altered drastically: at the first levels, the change will hardly be noticable but leveling will take much longer on higher levels (8 times slower on level 30)
- outdoor and dungeon bosses such as dungeon mobs now grant more xp than ordinary mobs
- All base classes are now xp-capped at level 25 until class change has been completed
- Quests now have a quest level displayed in front of the quest name - Quests will now only reward XP for heroes up to 5 levels higher than the quest level
- added three new potions to the game: Mana potion (+250), Health potion (+350) and Rejuvenation potion (+250/+350, shared cooldown with Mana potion)
- Unit Level of all bosses in dungeon 3, as well as The Shade and Doppelgangers reduced
- Thaumaturgists Robe fire resistance reduced to 20%
- Added Saphires, Rubies and Emeralds to the droptables of several trashmobs in the farmland area
- Increased chance to find Saphires in Dungeon 2, to allow crafting of items at the level the items are intended for
- Increased chance to find Searing Blood at Dungeon 2 bosses
- Increased chance to find Demon Heart at Dungeon 3 bosses
- Increased chance to find the Shadow Seal at The Shade encounter
- Mana Crystal resource cap increased to 300, to make room for upcoming 1.2 content
- Mana Crystals are now displayed with a proper icon in tooltips
- Food resource replaced by Quest Tokens, which will be part of the upcoming 1.2 content
- one new advanced class ability per class available at The Seer's place
- Talent system implemented; starting with level 30, heroes will get 1 talent point every 4 levels (available for bag command card)
- Gaias Retaliation Part 1 now doesn't grant XP anymore as the xp is level capped before class change anyway; Instead, Gaias Retaliation Part 2 grants additional 1500 XP.
- Mercenary system implemented; if there are less than 5 players in the game, players are allowed to hire mercenaries in Mytargas and Riversdale depending on the number of 'missing' players.

CLASS CHANGES:
- Lightning Charge now has an improved critical damage modifier of 200% instead of 150%
- Bladefury now ignores armor of the target when used from behind the target
- Steal now has a new requirement: the target must now have lost at least 50% of its max HP
- Steal can now be used during combat; it does no longer require to be stealthed and behind the target to be used
- Feline Reflexes now grants 50% spellhaste in addition to the movement and attack speed bonus. Feline reflexes now also doesn't cancel previous orders anymore when used
- Inspire now consumes 20 Mana and has a cooldown of 160 seconds
- Song spells now have no more cooldown
- Song spells now remain active on the target permanently until the target leaves visibility range from the caster
- Changed Mana cost of 'Berserker Rage' to 10 and 'Heaven's Edge' to 5
- Fire Shield damage increased to x0.2
- 'Soaked' now reduces lightning resistance by 20% instead of increasing lightning damage directly
- 'Eagles Eye', 'Deadly Precision' and 'Energy Drain' passive abilities removed from the game
- 'Divine Protection' is now a Bishop only spell
- 'Demoralizing Shout' is now a Berserker only spell
- Increased max Mana for Nymph summons
- Switched hotkeys for 'Barbed Arrow' and 'Feline reflexes' to avoid hotkey issues with localized game versions

Level 3
Well this is certainly exciting! Lvl 6 Ranger, like a boss.

And out of curiosity - do people even play on Battle.net anymore?

Level 10
Well me ihaz, box, and vestra tried playing on battle.net but the problem is the servers all fucked up. None of the clans are working no icons cant do ladder games or anything and it wasn't letting any of us host so the 4 of us just played on garena in War3 RPG USA RPG Room 01. Our names on Garena are: S0ulseeker, Ihazdailup, Box_of_faith, Vestra

Edit: lvl 18 ranger :] Leveling has DRASTICALLY decreased but I think I enjoy it more. It gives you more sense of pride in being a high level and these mercs are pretty fucking cool

Level 4
I'd suggest, since USeast doesn't work correctly, we just recreate clan gaia on another server? USwest or Europe? Because many people, like me, have the problem, that garena doesn't work correctly and they can't play on it.

Level 10
I'd suggest, since USeast doesn't work correctly, we just recreate clan gaia on another server? USwest or Europe? Because many people, like me, have the problem, that garena doesn't work correctly and they can't play on it.

Per request I have Recreated clan gaia on uswest, however the clan name Gaia was already taken on West so I've named the clan ORPG. So if you plan on playing on Battle.net go to USWest Clan ORPG

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
Lvl 10 Magician. I play on Garena. Guys, really, you should play on Garena there are a lot of people there, and i can host even though i can't on B.net (so some of you should be able to do the same).

Level 3
Hey guys; I don't think I'll be able to play Gaias for a bit, I'm going to be really busy when classes start in a few days. I'll see what time I can come up with though in the following weeks.

If so, expect to see some bard/monk action. I'm sure s0ul's already making the druid.

Level 4
Lvl 10 Magician. I play on Garena. Guys, really, you should play on Garena there are a lot of people there, and i can host even though i can't on B.net (so some of you should be able to do the same).

Well, you're right, but GArena is just a fucking bad program (don't wanna start a flamewar). It doesn't work for many people, for me it doesn't work either. I tried it on several computers, with 2 different routers, reinstalled it like 30 times, with different drivers/hardware/windows xp/windows 7, it just doesn't work. I did really EVERYTHING I could to let it run, but it doesn't work. And no, it's not my firewall.

Back to topic: The slower leveling is really good! It balances the game more, you got enough gold to buy a 5k spell on lvl 25 and you get the items for crafting in time and needn't farm for equipment/gold when you outleveled ogres.

By the way: Why does The Protector doesn't use Feline Reflexes anymore? Now he no more challenge at all.

I found a bug with the shaman mercenarie, gonna explain that later with a replay, since it's hard to explain.

@ lNVlNClBLE : I'm a druid player too :) Always going for druid, but this time my tank is my first char, since tanks will be needed and i already got a squire lvl 23^^ druid has to be set back, cause leveling takes longer now. So no more Assassin for me :/

Level 1
Hi guys! Archangel, Lagolmasa, and me are level 31 currently. We've done a d3 run and we were dissapointed by the level of bosses. I think that if Ancient one is level 30, lady should be 31, andrazzar 32, firelord and shade 33. We expected at least level 40 at the end. Is it just to make space for more leveling in d4 ?

Also, i think that there is a big gap between level 21 and level 25. Some level 23 creeps would be nice or a quest. I think that xp system is better scaled now.

Changes are working well, but mercinaries can bug sometimes when repicking hero. Sometimes you can't buy a mercinary.

Everything else is fantastic. Can't wait for that d4. :)

Level 5
Mercanaries also bug after class change... + (sorry bad squires or anyone else that used this) mercanies iinterfere with class change!! gotta fix that ^^.

Was playing with DeLke.. I agree. d2 last boss is the same level as d3 bosses? should be a little tweak there... maybe a few more quest to give farming a bit more of purpose as well! other than that, the game is wonderful (y) loving it, my Love for gaias has come back :)....

(oh and the water reflection looks weird + when its night I can see ANYTHING, at least lets torches in the city work?!?!)

Level 4
you really put in some majorly great things in this one. ive been pushing for necromancer and assassin to get DoTs and they did, <3. also talent system is great!

Level 13
Pretty sure his heal is based off the users sp, not sure though. Mercs should probably have set attributes regardless of the class using them.

As for poison stacking, that would be pretty op after a while considering, well, various reasons. Neat skill though. One stack per player maybe? idfk.

Level 18
Pretty sure his heal is based off the users sp, not sure though. Mercs should probably have set attributes regardless of the class using them.

As for poison stacking, that would be pretty op after a while considering, well, various reasons. Neat skill though. One stack per player maybe? idfk.

not really set atributes would make the merce unbalanceable since low level players could hire him and abuse his abilities

edit: mm 2 days and there's already people more than level 30 with all their powers bought and his more than 10k red item also bought

i checked and the map was hacked yesterday by that website, i really don't know if the people from my clan leveled honestly or not they keep saying they leveled in garena, with people who were level 35 yesterday (wtf)

Level 4
edit: mm 2 days and there's already people more than level 30 with all their powers bought and his more than 10k red item also bought

i checked and the map was hacked yesterday by that website, i really don't know if the people from my clan leveled honestly or not they keep saying they leveled in garena, with people who were level 35 yesterday (wtf)

Well, it MAY be possible, but to reach lvl 35 you need many d3/shade runs. s0ul, chen and me farmed d3 much and we are all lvl 34 now (s0ul almost 35) and s0ul and me are actually already FULL geared with all spells. s0ul even bought the stash arleady, which is bugged (--> bug report forum).

EDIT: s0ul is lvl 35 already xD

Level 13
not really set atributes would make the merce unbalanceable since low level players could hire him and abuse his abilities

I didn't mean that at all, the attributes should grow with the player. Low level mercs should be slightly worse than the average hero that fulfils the same role.

People can level legit quite easily darkly, though I know s0ul has been grinding his ass off and is 34, nearly 35. Anyone more addicted than that could potentially have one maxed character. I myself have been preparing pre d3 characters but I've still nearly completed a zerker.

It's wc3, hacked maps are all over the place. It really comes down to the individual whether the use them or not, and what's the fun in cheating for shit anyway? It makes the player look bad, they often play bad because they haven't worked for the gear. I myself have been enjoying the frustrating rolls for gear, I encourage others to play for the challenge rather than cheat for the glory.

Level 18
I didn't mean that at all, the attributes should grow with the player. Low level mercs should be slightly worse than the average hero that fulfils the same role.

People can level legit quite easily darkly, though I know s0ul has been grinding his ass off and is 34, nearly 35. Anyone more addicted than that could potentially have one maxed character. I myself have been preparing pre d3 characters but I've still nearly completed a zerker.

It's wc3, hacked maps are all over the place. It really comes down to the individual whether the use them or not, and what's the fun in cheating for shit anyway? It makes the player look bad, they often play bad because they haven't worked for the gear. I myself have been enjoying the frustrating rolls for gear, I encourage others to play for the challenge rather than cheat for the glory.

i have played already 6 hours today of continuous gaias and i'm level 23 :S

Level 13
well i assure you once you get to d3 levelling picks up, otherwise, level in d2 thats pretty fast at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.