• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Futuristic Spell Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Hi :smile:

I'm working on a futuristic battlefield map with all kinds of Game modes (like Capture the Flag).
For my map I'm looking for ideas for spells that could be made with triggers and are MUI. I don't need huge descriptions on spells if it's not needed and simple spell ideas (like Sentry Turret, Bandage and Forcefield Generator) would be the best ones for my map.
The most important thing is that spells are 'realistic' (keeping in mind that it's a futuristic map, so realistic does not mean that it's something that could exist, but that it would fit in a Sci-fi setting like the Starcraft one).

All small ideas are welcome, so even if you just want to give me a name of a spell without saying what it does, go ahead and I'll check if it's usefull! :cute:

Level 18
Thought i placed it in the Idea Factory :eek:

Eh, where did I place it? :con: Edit: Oh, I forgot to click the Idea Factory button before I started this thread.

I like your ideas by the way! :thumbs_up:

- Note: This thread is supposed to be in the Idea Factory! If it isn't, my mistake. And thanks for telling me Zelda.Alex.

Level 18
I have no idea how to and even thought I'm quite far with the terrain it's not finished yet. I started with that map a long time ago and now I decided to make it playable, but I learned to use a lot more triggers in the meanwhile so the triggers used in the map will require a lot of fixing. I currently got someone helping me, but if anyone here on Hiveworkshop is good at trigger improvement and would like to help me he can PM me.

How do I make good screenshots in the Editor (when I make screenshots in Warcraft 3 I can't open them :cry: so how do I get the full ingame view in WE) and how to put them here?

But I will try to do so if you want :wink:

Last edited:
Level 12
I got a few..

Artillery Strike
After an area is selected and relaid to oribital artillery station, a group of four shells will rain down every 3 seconds for (Lvl 1, 3 seconds, 1 wave, lvl 2 9 sec, 3waves, lvl 3 15 seconds, 5 waves). Deals 50 damage per wave.

Basicly it's like a rain of fire spell, with delays between waves, but not too long. Maybe add an effect at the taget location, so it looks like its acually marked.

Sachel charge
When a sachel charge is layed down and primed, it will activate when the marine pushs the master button. If the marine is lucky, it will explode almost instantly, but if he primes it improperly, it will be delayed. Deals 500 damage, THIS WILL HARM ALLIES

So basicly, your unit lays down a sachel charge and primes it. There is a chance (lets say 50%) at lvl 1 for the marine to improperly prime it, making it explode 5 seconds after detonation. At lvl 2, make it 25%, 3 second delay. At lvl 3, 5%, 2 seconds.

I'll probably think of more later, hope you like these ones.

Level 5
Vent Radiation - A spell best used for any large starship or outpost type thing. It causes radiation to be vented for 10 seconds around the unit. Enemies withint he radiation suffer X damage per second. If an enemy dies while in the effect, a hostile mutant could spawn.

Level 12
Warp Throw - After casting, a right click on the ground will fling units caught in the effect in that direction.

Warpway - Channel at target location for 5 seconds. Nearby ally units will be teleported to the target location.

Gravity Orb - Fires an orb that will travel in a straight line and drag enemy units it comes in contact with.

Backtrack Gun - After 3 seconds the unit will be teleported to the location it was at when shot.

Payload (Flying unit ability) - Move to target location, dropping bombs all along the way.

Destabilize - An energy beam rearranges the units molecules setting its life to 50% for 5 seconds.

Anti-physics - Target unit is suspended in place, taking any damage will move the unit away from the source.

Level 1
Some more ideas

Big Bang
Supernova Explosion
De-ionizer
Big Chill
Arctic Fury

I just write name. If you want some explanation then just say.

Level 5
Perfect Vaccum (Superweapon, probably a canon)-

Creates a Perfect Vaccum at the target 800 AOE. Instantly all particles will be vaccumed from the area, biological enemy unit's blood will burst out of them, reducing their life by X% per second. Enemy mechanical units and structures will burst from pressure, dealing X damage to them and rendering them inoperable for the duration seconds. Lasts X seconds.

Level 8
I will create a theme.

Shield Master

Ability 1 - Project forcefield
Projects a forcefield that enemies cannot pass through.
Channel?

Ability 2 - Force Explosion
Projects a spherical forcefield from the hero that pushes back and damages nearby units.
Warstomp?

Ability 3 - Projecter Upgrade
Increases the range of force explosion, reduces the mana cost of project forcefield, and decreases the cooldown of repelling field.
Engineering Upgrade?

Ultimate - Repelling field
While active, melee units who attack the hero are pushed backwards. Drains Mana.
Immoliation?

Level 18
Trying to get this shot working (never posted any terrains here yet).

How to make it a hidden picture instead of this link?

Attachments

• Screenshot Valley 2.tga
    1.4 MB · Views: 92
Level 1
Big Chill
Well you can use that idea for some big freezing gun or bomb. Freeze gun is old so i thought it would look nice.

Level 12
Ok, I havn't posted on this for a bit, but I think I've got a few more.

Napalm Suprise
The marine lays down a carefully packed naplam package, that is primed and ready to explode when activated by either the master button (See the sachel charge idea) or the naplam button. It can also explode if a nearby explosion goes off, or is shot at enough. deals 300 damage and 15 burn damage for 20 seconds after.

basicly its like a sachel charge, but deals damage after the initail explosion too. it can explode prematurly if it is killed, so its bisicly like a dummie unit.

Explosive sensor.
The marine has become hardened in combat and now knows how to tell if a nearby explosive is primed. If one is nearby, the marines GPS (or whatever your going to refere to the mini-map as) will send out a "Ping" that allows others to see it.

Basicly its used to make the sachel charge and naplam suprise alittle more balanced instead of just being insta nukes. it would be a higher level ability. It makes a red ping, and possible a beeping sound for the closeset marines to it.

Bomb Defusal.
The marine has learned many times that and explosive can be between him and his mission, and that it is sometimes worth the risk to try and defuse it to save the platoon. At level 1, has a 25% chance of defusing it, at level 2, a 50% chance, and at level 3, a 75% chance of defusing it.

This one is pretty strait forward, and doesn't need much of an explenation.

Hope these ones are good.

Level 9
Time Traveling: Your hero travels back in time training, increasing his attack by X and armor by X. After X seconds this unit will become weak, from the time traveling decreasing his attack by X/2 and decrease his armor by X/2. So basically it decreases his attack and armor by half of the damage and armor you increased =D

Level 4
Here is some ideas

Weapon RASR (Radioactive Sniper Rifle)

You shoot the location you want to, the bullet is is Radioactive.
The shot cuts throught everything and if it hits a person, the person will take damage over time and will lose X% movespeed.

Gravity Hammer

You swing the hammer, if someone is in front of the caster, it will lose Gravity and take X damage (the unit will be knocked back).

Level 14
Some ideas:

Nuclear missile - time for some fireworks! high damage ultimate skill etc etc....

Headshot - somesort of critical strike aura for sniper or so... (or maybe an instant kill 1,2,3 %)

Radar - you can view the whole map for a small amount of time (increasing each level)

Tazer Beam - some sort of aerial shackles (haven't figured this out yet XD)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.