• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Triggered Hero spell ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hello everyone.

I've decided to revive an old project of mine. If you took out all the customizations, modes and additions, it would basically come down to a hero arena map.

Anyways, after creating about thirty different heroes, I've completely ran out of ideas. If I do make a custom spell now, it's just a rip-off of the one I'm using on an another hero.

So I'd really appreciate some spell ideas that aren't too powerful (for example, spells kills all units etc. would be overpowered), that could be done through triggers, and that are generally fun and not seen in the regular WC3.

If I do use the spell in my map, you will, of course, be credited for it. You shouldn't bother with the heroes, because I've basically thrown in everything, Liches, Druids, Undead, Shamans, Paladins, Assassins and so on and so forth.

Level 5
I don't remember where I was inspired to make this, but:

Dance of Flame - Summons 6 orbs of fire to surround an enemy that channel high damage for 5 seconds. The orbs prevent the unit from escaping a ring (that the orbs are part of) and slow the unit down to 1% over the course of the 5 seconds. If any orbs remain at the end of the 5 seconds, they explode, dealing medium damage per orb, overlapping if the unit is in multiple aoes.

To boil it down, when the spell is cast it summons 6 orbs that channel streams of fire at the target, and unless they're killed (pretty low hitpoints, but spaced out a ways) the remaining explode after 5 seconds.. The middle should be where all of the orbs overlap, with maybe a 100 diameter circle in the middle taking full damage.
For visual effect, the flame strike black circles would look cool, and the missile from a demolisher or giant floating fireball would fit the theme for the orbs. I guess to make the "fence" that the target can't pass through, the aerial shackles lightning would look good connecting the orbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.