• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Future of Warcraft???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Are custom maps still a thing? Are there people still making and updating them? Or em i just one of few people left doing that?

Was not following Reforged stuff and so i had a dumb idea in my little head that classical w3 will somehow be a separate and available game, installed separately from reforged... Did not expect them to merge them into one and force Reforged onto people (which is perfectly logical from company's view of point and i understand that). Correct me if i am wrong, but if people bought w3 with real money (maybe even relatively recently), but did not buy Reforged, then their w3 was literally taken away from them and they got nothing??? I heard you can sue MMO company if it takes away your in-game cosmetic item which you bought with real money in their game shop. And Blizz takes away a whole game???

For me some bugs in Reforged break my map in quite serious ways. So now i cannot even work on it properly... For many people (based what i see from their posts) new copyright stuff is game breaker, they are afraid to start making maps in Reforged editor...

Is nice unit icons (models are not nice, or at least debatable) the most important to you as players?

I am sure someone, somewhere kept and saved all w3 patches. I am pretty sure it is possible to have a copy-paste fully working w3 in 1.30 or 1.29 or whatever above 1.27 but NOT Reforged.

My question to you is - are the custom game community still alive enough to (in the worse case scenario) come up with some platform to play and live in pre-Reforged warcraft?
Why russian peasant bots stay on 1.26? Following patches did improve w3, why can't we have our illegal community of 1.30 (or something) on GameRanger (or something), if things come to that.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
I feel like wc3 has been slowly dying until reforged got announced. It has a bit of a surge with the patches afterward but now the community is split in three parts it seems like.
So while I think there are more people than 4 years ago, not everyone plays the same version. So in practice we are fewer.

Status
Not open for further replies.