• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Free Time Activities Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeedinAethyr

Spam Moderator
Level 11
First of all, this thread obviously isn't an actual poll thread. Not yet, anyways.
That's because I want to get some feedback on my options before I go and make the poll. I want this poll to be good.

My question: What quality about your free time activites is most important? What is the number one reason you choose to do these activites?

The current choices are:

Success: I do this activity primarily because this will provide a tangible benefit for me.
Fun: I do this activity primarily to have a good time.
Relaxation: I do this activity primarily to get away from the responsibilities of life.
Generosity: I do this activity primarily to help others, not myself.
Religion: I do this activity primarily to serve my religion.

I want this poll to cover all (or at least most) people, so I want some feedback on my options. What are some additional options I should add (they must be general in nature), and are any of my options especially weak?

After I feel that the poll is strong enough for people to vote on, I'll make a Strawpoll and link it in the thread.

Last edited:
Level 10
I think you made five strong options.
Perhaps Science, the pursuit of knowledge. That isn't necessarily for a personal tangible benefit, and isn't just to generally help people, and obviously it isn't always fun or relaxing.
It's hard to think of anything else that doesn't fall into those categories.

Level 19
you need an intermittent period between relax fun and success

because I participate in sports which build skills. which means it's fun and success and because of the fun it's also relaxing.

a simple title of sports would do.

I've taken up sword fighting which I find both fun and I've noticed a change in my character. I feel more confident and walk around like im about to slice someone to death. I'm so used to wielding a sword that now i walk like I'm armed all the Time. I feel professional and bad ass at the same time. it's epic

besides sword fighting I write and program which can be seen as your category of success.

Level 28
Hmmm interesting categories. However I understand the "fun" choice a little differently.
My entertainment-related free time activities can be seen as creating content or consuming content.

From time to time I feel an urge for creating content (be it drawing/painting/writing/wcIIImapping/composing music/whatever). However that doesn't make me relaxed, is much less fun and but I feel more satisfied when I'm done. It is more like some kind of labour that I've been through.

And then I have to consume content created by others, like playing games/reading/watching series/etc, which is relaxing, more fun, but not so fulfilling. Of course there is hanging out with people but I'm only counting the time I spend by myself here.

Sometimes this little dichotomy of "how can I spend my entertainment time" can be frustrating :p

Status
Not open for further replies.