• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

FPM: Fastest Possible Map

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: Supernickman 32
FPM: Fastest Possible Map is a fun melee map for 2-10 players.

- 100k Mine + faster gold making
- 8 infinite trees on every island
- 2-10 players. Island for every player.
- Goblin Merchant, Goblin Laboratory, Mercenary Camp and Tavern on each island
- Interconnected way gates!
- 1 green and 1 orange camp on every island
- 1 red camp in the middlde

EDIT 1: Set Data Set to Latest Patch; Removed 2 of the mines from each player, but increased gold income of all races.; fixed the inoperative waygate

EDIT 2: Had to realign some trees and units

EDIT 3: Ooops, had to delete some triggers earlier.

EDIT 4: Made region for every way gate going OUT

Pros:
- You make gold very fast
- You can easily reveal other players with Reveal and you can easily go to another player's zone with way gates.

Cons:
- There will be a furious fight in the middle of the map by AI.
Previews
Contents

FPM: Fastest Possible Map (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules) These will help make a better description: Description Guide - Melee Maps Map Description - Templates Melee Map Description Generator v1.3 Map Description Generator [1.2] BB...
Level 7
So the idea consisits as the same Sc map, were you have a bunch of crystals on top of others, so the focus is the strategy in building units, not founding resources itself, I like it, will give it a try.

Level 7
Right now, it's funny, nothing else to add.

Only one thing, the left bottom base trees are not in all corner pattern (forgot something there?).

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

These will help make a better description:

Screenshots could attract more players to download your work. Make the best of them.

A credits list is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated.

A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.

If you want more reviews, come here:
The Grand Review Exchange!

Set to SubstandArt.

======================================================================

This map is a joke. The terrain is absolutely plain and lacking. The work on this is very thin.

The work on this is not thin. Back then I remember I had to calculate the proportions of the terrain. And it is plain, because it's the fastest possible map. The purpose of the map is not to be a terrain masterpiece. If I make the terrain with hills and holes will it be better, approvable?
1. You have plenty of space to build
2. You gather resources quickly.