• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

how to disable mineral distance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
hi there

i want to create a fastest possible map, but i cannot figure out how to disable the required distance between resources and start location.

i am sure this question has been asked before, unfortunately i havent been able to find the answer, i have tried for quite a while now, and am starting to get seriously frustrated

so if somebody could explain to me step by step, which category in the data editor, which tab, which parameter i need to modify it would be greatly appreciated!

in case you are interested, the idea is to create a sc2 version of a map i used to play with a lot of enthusiasm with friends in sc1 ... http://www.freewebs.com/norush20/

i know sc2 does not need another standard fpm ;)

thanks in advance

Level 1
thanks but im afraid thats not gonna do the trick ... its going to be a melee map so there is no nexus, there is only a start location

as far as i understand from searching the forums i have to change the footprints on minerals and gas, i just have no clue how i do that...

Try changing the footprints of the nexus, CC etc.
It's in the data editor, under flags, on the right side (tab).

Edit: Forgot to mention;
Change the footprints of the nexus etc because if you start messing with the minerals footprints you may end up making it so people can build ontop of them.
Just a suggestion.

Edit2: I fixed the problem, as I am making a map which requires there to be no pathing requirements for minerals.
Unfortunately, it designates the map as a custom map.
I changed the footpath to rocks 1x1 instead of minerals, rounded. See screenshot.

Mins.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.