• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to make spider mine require an upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
I am trying to learn how to get upgrades work.

I try to create a new upgrade from scratch. I make "Spider mines".

Under the field: "Upgrade: Affected Unit Array" I enter Vulture.

Now when I try to create a requirment under the "requirement data", I am unsure what to choose. What requirement type and what is it based on?

(CRequirement is standard)

Do I need to create "Learn Spider Mines" and "Use Spider mines", just like the siege tank has?

How would you do to make an upgrade to work for Spider Mines?

Please write it step by step

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Now when I try to create a requirment under the "requirement data", I am unsure what to choose. What requirement type and what is it based on?
There is only 1 requirement scope. All enteries use this scope.

Do I need to create "Learn Spider Mines" and "Use Spider mines", just like the siege tank has?
Yes.
One of them is for the actual upgrade itself to prevent you from researching it multiple times (it is set to hide the upgrade when any structure is researching it or better).
The other is for the actual ability itself (this generates the "Needs X" red text when you hover over the ability without the reqirements).

How would you do to make an upgrade to work for Spider Mines?
The upgrade is a dummy, the requirements control when the ability can be used.

1. Make the upgrade.
2. Make a button for the upgrade (so we have something to click on to research it).
3. Make a requirement to hide the upgrade button when researching it. To do this it should be set to Show when Not the Count Upgrade is Queued or Better.
4. Add the upgrade to a research ability (so we can research it) along with the requirement. Cost and research time is controled here. The requirement is nescescary to prevent it being researched multiple times.
5. Add the button to the command card of the unit which uses the research ability and then map it to the research order for the upgrade.

This is how to make the upgrade, to make the ability require the upgrade...

6. Make a new requirement with Use set to Count Upgrade of Completed for the upgrade you made.
7. Under your ability, in the Commands field category under Requirements you need to add the requirement (made in 6) to the appropiate command (depends on ability).

I hope this is detailed enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.