• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

how can i make the attack require an upgrade to use

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
If you want an upgrade to enable a weapon, see how the Missile Turret does it in the campaign.

The basics are...
  1. Disable weapon (under Options).
  2. Give the unit a behaviour to enable the weapon.
  3. Give the behaviour a requirement so that it is only active after the upgrade is researched.

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Here you go. A Missile Turret and an Armoury where the Armoury has an upgrade that will enable the Hellfire Missile weapon of the Missile Turret.

Probably not what you want but then again you never said what you wanted so it is to be expected.

Attachments

• custom map 2 version 0,7.SC2Map
    1.2 MB · Views: 45
Level 21
dont worry about it i will get that weapon added myself. that isnt my problem but the crucio shock cannon for the zerg main building need to be unlocked though the siege tech upgrade.(that is what i need help with.) the map is a mixed tech map where players can use terrazine to get other race`s technologies. weapon for the zerg main building, liftoff for the protoss nexus and zerg towers.(i have already gotten that part working.)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Getting the upgrade to enable the weapon directly by changing the disabled flag to off, but that could not be applied here because the weapon was shared with Siege Tanks (which according to your specification must be able to use it while the Zerg buildings cannot).

Status
Not open for further replies.