• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Forsaken Archer

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
There have been a few awesome Dark Ranger models for a Forsaken faction but as the Rangers are more elite warriors I figured the faction would benefit from some more 'grunt' level ranged units earlier on in the tech tree. So here's the Forsaken Archer or Zombie Archer. :)

This is my first attempt at making a Model for Reforged using existing assets so any advice is welcome!

Update: File now contains: A better functioning Portrait Model, Textures edited to look more Forsaken, As well as icons that https://www.artstation.com/hroberts did most of the editing for.
Thanks to everyone for the words of wisdom leading to this update!
Contents

Forsaken Archer (Model)

Forsaken Archer Icon (Icon)

Forsaken Archer Portrait (Model)

Reviews
Ardenaso
It's good although a skeletal implosion appears when he dies and his weapon and quiver disappear instantly; please fix it. AWAITING UPDATE until it's resolved
FUCK DAMN!
It is a masterpiece! Armor more themed to the Forsaken can always be added sometime in the future, it's just equipment, it's a small thing.
But there is something you can do right now. For example, make the edging of his armor gold. And pale yellow eyes like the Forsaken in WoW

The most important thing is that you made a cool base model with animations, and now the shooter can join the warriors from Handclaw!

P.S. I wonder if it's possible to create a zombie horse, or a skeletal horse in Reforged 🤔🤔🤔. For the forsaken knight

Last edited:
Level 6
Thanks for the kind words! I'll definitely try some skin work at some point and see if I can add those gold edges to the plate, maybe make the hood more grey or purple etc. As for a zombie or skeletal horse, All I can think of is ripping it from the male or female Death Knight models like VictorZ did with his Zombie Knight model :)

Thanks for the kind words! I'll definitely try some skin work at some point and see if I can add those gold edges to the plate, maybe make the hood more grey or purple etc. As for a zombie or skeletal horse, All I can think of is ripping it from the male or female Death Knight models like VictorZ did with his Zombie Knight model :)
Theoretically, a zombie horse and a skeleton horse are possible!

Skeleton horse can be made from a skeleton model into a human knight model (1 version is bloody and + 2 version without blood, if you repaint the skeleton texture)

And a Zombie horse is possible from the Arthas death knight model, if you remove all the unnecessary parts and leave only the saddle (and also somehow patch up the empty parts of the mesh, renew - replenish its skin), then will get a zombie horse xD

P.S. Can even make 2 versions of a skeleton horse and 3 versions a zombie horse xD

30.12.2023: I didn’t even think that the female DK model had such a good model of a skeleton horse, it seems to be even better suited for creating a skeleton horse

Attachments

• 1703881176104.png
    1703881176104.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 59
  • 1703882652059.png
    1703882652059.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 60
  • 1703921492430.png
    1703921492430.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Level 8
Cool model but the hood color doesn't fit the rest IMO. If you can would be nice to have a grey/dark instead of brown hood to fit the armor pieces.

P.S. I wonder if it's possible to create a zombie horse, or a skeletal horse in Reforged 🤔🤔🤔. For the forsaken knight

Like that you mean ? Already exist from dk.

Cool model but the hood color doesn't fit the rest IMO. If you can would be nice to have a grey/dark instead of brown hood to fit the armor pieces.

Like that you mean ? Already exist from dk.
in WoW the Forsaken skeleton horse looks unarmored

Attachments

• 1704015883087.png
    1704015883087.png
    681.3 KB · Views: 14
Level 6
Nice work, we need more Forsaken!
Thanks!

balance the textures, make them in theme with the Forsaken; you can use the Assassin's portrait as base without the need for facefx

I'll give you until next month before I judge this
Cool, thanks! I'll see what I can do with all this feedback and see if I can improve on it :)

Level 12
Neat. We definitely need more undead units.

I would make one of his arms a regular zombie arm, so that the decay isn't all that symmetrical.