• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

forest growing sead thingy.... =?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
my idea is uhm...ive just got a simple techtree thought up but im not sure if its a good idea. this is all i have at the moment

you start off with a seed (like a ward unit type) which cant move. you can choose to make it transform into a walking seed (allows mobility).
from there on, you can grow buildings (like night elf wisps build ancients) and create a forest army

what do you think?

Level 2
=0
uhm...ok....
what i was thinking b4 that was maybe turn it into like a tag or something....but then it would take a long time to learn to use it in a game....lol

hmmmm....whne you say story line, what do you mean by that?

Level 13
I mean have a storyline to go along with it.

Why are there seeds? Why are they at war? What are they fighting over? Who's their leaders? Just basic story stuff. I find it easier to emerge myself into a game when I know the history and backstory of the conflict.

Level 2
ahh i see...

well i had a couple of ideas already on that
-one could be that their home forest was invaded by enemies and needed to restore the forest
-maybe they are protectors of the forest?
-bieng invaded (need to survive for [x] minutes) b4 backup
-related to the world of warcraft

Level 2
lolol...
map skills? im not sure...
i have tried. and i have read a few tutorials, but ill read some more too
but so far, ive got the imagination =)
i think i should be able to map it out roughly and maybe i could ask someone to help me out =)

Status
Not open for further replies.