• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Forests growing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Greetings Everyone :)

I have a request for the trigger experts! I'm currently working on a unusally melee map. The overall goal is the same; build a base and eliminate the others, but i've increased the gold in the gold mines along with health points in the trees, but the trees are still downable.
Therefore I made a simple trigger that will spawn new trees randomly all over the map, but it kinda turned out in the wrong way (trees spawning inside buildings...).
So now I am looking for a trigger that makes forests growing. Like insteed of trees poping up right on the road, then the new trees will only spawn next to the others trees in the map. I think, it would be more realistic in that way, hope you guys have some sort of idea, what i'm talking about :xxd:

Thank you!

Level 5
  • Add Gold to Mines
    • Events
      • Time - Every 30.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Destructible - Pick every destructible in (Playable map area) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Random integer number between 1 and 20) Equal to 1
              • (Destructible-type of (Picked destructible)) Equal to YourDestrutibleType
            • Then - Actions
              • Set temp_Loc = (Position of (Picked destructible))
              • Destructible - Create a YourDestructibleType at (temp_Loc offset by (Random real number between 50.00 and 100.00) towards (Random real number between 0.00 and 360.00) degrees) facing (Random angle) with scale (Random real number between 0.80 and 1.20) and variation 0
              • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_temp_Loc)
            • Else - Actions
This trigger creates a new tree every 30 seconds at all destructibles of the type YourTreeType with a 5% chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.