• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Growing Trees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I was wondering If thre was a way to select an area of a map where treest will continue to grow outwards from a central point (in clumps) so in time a cut down forest will grow back or an un atended forest will grow larger. I still want the trees to be cut downable.

Level 17
Sure you can make it
Just use the event time-every 60 second of the game time
no condition or use the map initialization to add the max number of trees that can grow
The add the action destructible-create destructible at point
Then select the destruct you want, and set the point into center of rect (in USMWE or region in normal we), then select the which region you want to create the trees,
Faqs:
Q: if there is already some trees in the region i want to add, where the created trees will spawn??
A: the trees, or any unit will spawn in circle, when i mean to circle not spawning in cricle shape, but will spawn and created circle-like shape

If you need any help, pm me

Level 3
I easily understood him/her.

I have been experimenting with forests growing out from one point(slowly), but the game crashes randomly cause of it. Don't know if this happens when you do it on old trees(dead)...

Level 17
Hellking: thanks, anyway, did you create a large amount of trees?
If yes, the game would crash beacuse too many trees created at once, if not, then i screw up the point, the point is must on offset, use nova spell pact to guide you in offset, i use that and my map didn't crash
, oh and i suggest to use the poison nova, because its the most simple nova and can be used in many way, i use it as dwarven bomb clock (the bomb spawn in 12 direction then explode one by one) if need any help just pm, i'll help you as far as i can
Defskull: what? Correct me if i'm wrong then, and sorry for my bad grammar, i'm not american

so what are you trying to say is that you want randomly spawning trees or in orderly growing trees?if you dont wany the stunp visible just create a dummy Doodad where you want a tree to spawn then replace it when you want the tree to "pop up" with a tree stump and do the trigger
  • Create growing tree
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Destructible - Resurrect (Last created destructible) with (Max life of (Last created destructible)) life and Show birth animation
im sorry but im to lazy and dont have the time to do the whole trigger but hope that i helped :/

Status
Not open for further replies.