• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Spell to Make Trees?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Is there a way to have a ground target spell, preferable an area of effect spell, that will make trees grow there?

I have had trouble finding the answer any help would be great. Thank you. :-D

Level 20
  • Grow Trees
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Grow Trees
    • Actions
      • Set Point1 = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Destructible - Pick every destructible within 200.00 of Point1 and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Picked destructible) is dead) Equal to True
              • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
                • Conditions
                  • (Destructible-type of (Picked destructible)) Equal to Ashenvale Tree Wall
                  • (Destructible-type of (Picked destructible)) Equal to Ashenvale Canopy Tree
            • Then - Actions
              • Set Point2 = (Position of (Picked destructible))
              • Special Effect - Create a special effect at Point2 using Objects\Spawnmodels\NightElf\EntBirthTarget\EntBirthTarget.mdl
              • Destructible - Resurrect (Picked destructible) with (Max life of (Picked destructible)) life and Show birth animation
            • Else - Actions
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Point1)
Oh and you also need to destroy the special effect or it leaks. You can find more about leaks from the triggers section.

Level 1
Hmm

I understand what that script is saying and how it would work, but I am not that good at using them and don't know how to get them to work with a spell. Could you give me some info on that or tell me where I could find it? That would be great.

I have been using the editor a lot lately but have stayed away from triggers almost entirely.

Status
Not open for further replies.