• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Forced camera perspective?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I want all of you to know that playing WC3 at camera rotation 45 is like playing an entirely different game. Seriously whatever you are working on I highly suggest giving this camera angle a shot because even familiar objects/layouts look fresh and new from this perspective! It's genuinely pretty wild and I can't wait to see what it looks like in reforged!

(minimap gets pretty fugged tho)

You can try this.

• When you're in the Editor, try setting your camera to your prefered camera view.
• Now open the Camera Palette and click "Create Camera".
• Then go to the properties of the camera you created and copy all the values (FOV, Distance, Angle, Rotation & Roll) to the loop trigger, refer to the trigger I made below.

(See attached images and the triggers below).

• Init Camera Loop
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.05 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Camera - Set Player 1 (Red)'s camera Field of view to 75.00 over 2.00 seconds
      • Camera - Set Player 1 (Red)'s camera Distance to target to 2400.00 over 2.00 seconds
      • Camera - Set Player 1 (Red)'s camera Angle of attack to 305.00 over 2.00 seconds
      • Camera - Set Player 1 (Red)'s camera Rotation to 90.00 over 2.00 seconds
      • Camera - Set Player 1 (Red)'s camera Roll to 0.00 over 2.00 seconds
      • Camera - Change camera smoothing factor to 5.00
This should force the in-game camera to your prefered camera view.

Attachments

• cam1.png
    cam1.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 53
  • cam2.png
    cam2.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Level 7
Want to let us a screenshot of playing your map with that angle? :)

Man I totally missed this comment! It's late but here are some cool shots from the new game angle!

Attachments

• Heresy Icon of Morthos.png
    Heresy Icon of Morthos.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 23
  • Heresy Necromancer Bone Dragon.png
    Heresy Necromancer Bone Dragon.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 47
  • Heresy Preacher.png
    Heresy Preacher.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 19
  • Heresy The Tower of Unrest.png
    Heresy The Tower of Unrest.png